The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

DPSMeter.com - World of Logs for SWTOR - World Rankings + Full-raid Analysis

beardchef

I've tried this meter several times and its worked flawlessly! It gives full analysis of combat creates encounters for bosses and really shows off the nubs dps like Bloodtau who can't read let alone play an MMO without clicking their hotkeys with their mouse. I recommend this to everyone!

Thanks. Does anyone have more specific feedback?

I found a few problems when my guild was trying to merge files.

First, I tried merging my file with another DPS, and it showed out of us had 1mil more damage than the other, the stats shown didn't match up for each encounter, the DPS didn't match up, etc. We couldn't get them to work. We even deleted our logs right before the raid to make sure no excess encounters were on it.

Second, one thing that is giving my guild reservations is the inability to look at individual skills from each player, something that is allowed on tortools. We really want to see what each skill did, the miss chance, biggest hits, compare the damage between etc. Maybe we just missed it.

I found a few problems when my guild was trying to merge files.

First, I tried merging my file with another DPS, and it showed out of us had 1mil more damage than the other, the stats shown didn't match up for each encounter, the DPS didn't match up, etc. We couldn't get them to work. We even deleted our logs right before the raid to make sure no excess encounters were on it.

Second, one thing that is giving my guild reservations is the inability to look at individual skills from each player, something that is allowed on tortools. We really want to see what each skill did, the miss chance, biggest hits, compare the damage between etc. Maybe we just missed it.

Hello there. If you mouse over Damage done or Healing done, you will get a tooltip of an ability break down, and a target breakdown just like in Recount. If you click on those links, you'll get a pop up with pie-charts that lists a total amount and count for each ability.

In general, we try not to overload you with information. We hide the more specialized stats by default and allow filtering options for advanced users. For example, on the main table, there is a little button on the top-right hand corner that allows you to add a ton of fields if you want. We'll add the same functionality to the ability break-down pop-up so advanced users can access max hit, damage type, hit rate etc. If you want to see your miss rate for your whole character though, click on the Secondary stats tab at the bottom.

We have a solid analytical framework, and we collect just about every stat. Just let us know what you would like and we can add it in a user-friendly way in no-time :) . We'll start with what you suggested here. If you have any questions, feel free to let me know, post on our forums, or tweet us at @DPSMeter.

Just to give an update, we're rapidly fixing bugs and working on new features. We are working on three major features that no other parser has currently. They're mah precioussssss, but you guys will see them tomorrow or the day after.

Here are some of the bugs that have been cleared:

• Fixed permissions problem with passwords being prompted after uploading.
  • Added upload support for legacy browsers, Firefox 3.6 and later versions of Internet Explorer 7
  • Timezone on graphs is not static and does not vary. It is the timezone of the first uploaded log.
  • Corrected an issue that prevented Deleting logs in some cases
  • Slew of other bugs reported on reddit

Right now, I'm working on some of the encounter partitioning issues that people are reporting.

Edited by beardchef

We had a couple dps and myself healing upload parses for 4/28 (on 4/29). (jack0jumping - KP NiM) Both of the DPS were neck and neck and only 1 shows on the rankings. My healing is higher than the mauraders that are ranked in the healing portion but I don't show up.

Are we doing something wrong?

Poison-x

Dusty

Zisa

We had a couple dps and myself healing upload parses for 4/28 (on 4/29). (jack0jumping - KP NiM) Both of the DPS were neck and neck and only 1 shows on the rankings. My healing is higher than the mauraders that are ranked in the healing portion but I don't show up.

Are we doing something wrong?

Poison-x

Dusty

Zisa

If this happens, just click [Add Log | Edit] with the admin password and hit [update Report] and rankings data will be re-processed. I did it for you, fixed now. You'll be on the leaderboards within an hour.

It is a bug on our part that happens very rarely due to a race condition. If you see it happen again, let us know, but I'll have it fixed soon.

The rankings page or the home page? We will try to reproduce and fix. We know the site is fully-functional always on Firefox and Chrome, but Internet Explorer can have unexpected issues sometimes.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, just wanted to say that our guild has been playing around with this site after trying Ask Mr. Robot's Combat Log Viewer. We just couldn't always get everyone's log merged on that site. DPS Meter seems to be easier and more idiot proof to upload and merge logs, and it provides an incredible amount of information.

One thing that I would like to see, and perhaps it's not possible with the current way combat logs are implemented, but I would like to see the amount of "overhealing" done.

Thanks for the great tool!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...