Leveling Healing

Pinkspawn

Hi.

I want to level my operative as a healer.

I am asking for two things:

1. A good heal skill tree set up

2. What companions to use at what levels.

Any advice is appreciated. :)

Thanks.

I'd like to know this also

I leveled with Kaliyo through Alderaan, then Vector (higher DPS = faster questing) for the rest of the game. Never had to switch him out for boss fights.

I'm no theory crafter and I'm no expert, but as a solo player I filled in Medicine to Surgical Probe with Surgical Precision, then went into Concealment enough to get Laceration. No need for Recuperative Nanotech if I'm not partying up regularly, and Laceration's damage sped up my solo operations.

I leveled with Kaliyo through Alderaan, then Vector (higher DPS = faster questing) for the rest of the game. Never had to switch him out for boss fights.

I'm no theory crafter and I'm no expert, but as a solo player I filled in Medicine to Surgical Probe with Surgical Precision, then went into Concealment enough to get Laceration. No need for Recuperative Nanotech if I'm not partying up regularly, and Laceration's damage sped up my solo operations.

Oh ok, could you post that spec if you remember it? Right now I'm level 44 concealment, but I'm considering going to Heal spec. So you used Vector, did you ever use Ensign Temple?

Oh ok, could you post that spec if you remember it? Right now I'm level 44 concealment, but I'm considering going to Heal spec. So you used Vector, did you ever use Ensign Temple?

At level 44 if not grouping for operations etc... I'ld be in this spec.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#401RsfMdh0ozZGcM0d.1

-50% damage for 10 seconds ++ soloing elites

I personally geared and used temple for DPS and for many of the later bosses DPS burn is more important than tanking on your companion. After I geared vector I still got better performance from kaliyo in DPS stance(She was amrginally better geared). Wasn't until temple who was of course easy to gear with cast away oranges modded as a cybertech I had a better pure DPS companion option.

Lokin is interupt king if you want interupts and side healing while you burst. Can undress temple and dress him.

This is the build I use.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#401MffrzGoRdsZ0cZG.1

I didn't put points into tox screen until level 50, and last point into chem resitant inlays at 49. I just wanted my AOE heal at level 40, but you don't have to do it that way.

Focus on getting Kolto Probe and Surgical Probe.

I leveled as a healer all the way to 50. You kind of forced to use Kailio for a while. I switched to Temple when I got her, but she can be a pain to heal sometimes. Scorpio is who I use now when I am doing solo content or 2 man heroics without a tank (if you have a tank use temple).

As far as stat itemization, Alacrity is good for quick diagnostic scan (crit is also good for diagnostic scan) and kolto injection, but that's really it. I used alacrity for leveling. But I have switched to Crit/Surge and Power/Surge for the most part now (currently in columi and rakata). Not sure if this was the right choice yet, I am still fiddling with my enhancements.

1. A good heal skill tree set up: Go up the heal tree, you can basically pick whatever you want...just pick whatever talents fit your playstyle best but I run a 31/3/7 talent build.

2. What companions to use at what levels. Use kaliyo until you can get vector, once you get vector use him to 50 hes great melee dps and as a healer you can help him dps down targets and keep you and him both healed and wont have any down time at all with hots. Keep vector geared good also for his dps and survivability will be much better. With vector lvling up as heal spec I could take on golds 3 lvls higher then me.

Use /crouch /explosive probe its your highest dmg ability. Keep stim boost up at all times also!

Hope this helps!

I leveled to 50 as medicine all the way, and while I can see the benefit of having a dps companion for quicker kills I did not want to spend all of my time healing a companion that would die by trying to tank 4 mobs. Besides, I found that I easily overdid the companion in threat and thus I became the tank. So what I quickly realized that I found it most efficient to use Kaliyo until you got SCORPIO and then use her instead. I still use her for dailies and such and I have no problems what so ever. It's easier to keep a tank-companion alive and that means you can do DPS as well meaning less downtime and faster killing :)

Hope that helped a bit.

I PvE and PvP. The 31/3/7 build works very well.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#401MffrzGoRzsZ0cZGb.1

Start off by going for the 31 build (to get RN). If anyone says DS is bad, dont listen. Its good for getting energy back (while healing).

Mainly use your DPS companions when you get them. (I used DPS for 95% of fights and tank for rest). Your ranged DPS will have the same gear you get, and is the best IMHO (and easiest to equip).

Edited by Zhothon