AlienFX integration

Spekao

In anticipation for the release of SWTOR, and my eagerness to play and enjoy it, my wife purchased me a brand new PC as an early Christmas gift - an Alienware Aurora ATX. With this new system was a feature Alienware developed called AlienFX through which you can not only change the colors displayed by your system and some of the peripherals (like the TactX Keyboard and mouse), but also have the system itself change them when certain programs are run. Another feature of the alienFX is the ability for game developers to actually program their products to interact with a system's lighting through an API. Currently the list of games that do this is fairly short, but EVE and City of Heroes have both integrated it into their games and I am hoping this is something the developers of SWTOR would be interested into doing as well!

One thing I would love to see it do is have the system flash gold when a character achieves a level. Unfortunately there is no way for an owner of a system with AlienFX to make this happen, it is reliant solely on developers to do so. My current placation for this is to have my default theme set to morph my system lights slowly between long sets red and blue, my mouse lights set to green, and the top keyboard zone set to blue and bottom zone (keys) set to red - whereas when I'm not playing I manually have to set it back to my non-SWTOR preferred theme of system-wide green with purple alienhead, mouse set to red, and keyboard set to top orange/bottom blue.

Please consider at least looking into what the API integration entails, and hopefully it will be something fairly simple and low in time consumption so that it may be used.

Thank you. :wea_03:

• 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...