Set bonus confirmation?

Elusive-Arken

I've seen on a few threads different answers to my question so I apologize in advance if this has been done before but.. I want to see war hero mods from one set but get the set bonus from another.

Can I transfer the mods from Set 'A' into newly crafted war hero armor ('B') and still get the set bonus from Set 'B'?

The reason why I ask this is because the stalker gear gives accuracy bonuses where I would much rather have the mods from a different set however I still want the stalker set bonus. Thanks in advance.

And sorry if this has been asked a million times before.

The set bonus on the new sets of gear is tied to the main mod (armor, hilt, barrel) so as long as you have that piece you'll get the set bonus even if you switch out the enhancement and/or mod.

So in this case then the mod I would need to keep in my set 'B' armor for the set bonus that's included in the gloves (Armoring, mod, enhancement) would be the modification 'armoring'. The other two being 'enhancement' and 'mod' can be replaced then?

uhh this is broken right now btw, does not work

It does work, but only on the sets where the set bonus is tied to the armoring(and not to the shell). Meaning it only works for war hero gear(not battlemaster) and the top tier(new) PvE gear.