The Pros and Cons of a Marauder

Seravis

Don't confuse control with mobility and act all uppity about it like you know what you're talking about. Advanced Prototype is a mobility spec, not Pyrotech.

How often during a game do you sit and cast something?

I don't know why you are arguing about this. :eek:

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1v1 we lose to a lot of clsses: Juggs, Ops and Tank sins.

You lose 1v1 to a ... jugg? Omg, stop keyboard turning. It helps.

There is just 1 scenario that a jugg can beat you. Jump on you, unload, immediate push, unload more, stasis, unload even more, fear your bubble and pray that u dont have trinket up. 9/10 times this doesnt work.

So if you lose to a jugg, may be switch classes? Get something even more facerollish /if possible, but i doubt/.

Nah they all rolled Marauders :p

Nobody is blaming you for playing a Marauder or a PT. But, to disagree that they need to be tweaked slighty is just...

Crazy talk. Look at it from an open perspective and tell us honestly. Should there not be some tweaking??

What needs to be tweaked?

Bad players need to learn how to play. That's the problem. it's amazing that every class/spec I play, I manage to dominate people. And there are plenty of people out there that do the same thing.

The problem with the PvP forums, is that I can almost guarantee that 90% of the people here lead with a stun when they run into battle. DERP. Or they are Mercs that decide it's a good idea to fight a Marauder without a terrain advantage while misusing cooldowns, and cry foul when they get owned.

People do NOT know how to play their own class, let alone how to fight specific other classes. Most everyone here fights a Marauder like they fight an Operative like they fight a Sorc. Button mash with no priority or rotation - stun stun stun - button mash - "OMG I'm gonna dieeeeeeee" - try to run away - die.

What needs to be tweaked?

Bad players need to learn how to play. That's the problem. it's amazing that every class/spec I play, I manage to dominate people. And there are plenty of people out there that do the same thing.

The problem with the PvP forums, is that I can almost guarantee that 90% of the people here lead with a stun when they run into battle. DERP. Or they are Mercs that decide it's a good idea to fight a Marauder without a terrain advantage while misusing cooldowns, and cry foul when they get owned.

People do NOT know how to play their own class, let alone how to fight specific other classes. Most everyone here fights a Marauder like they fight an Operative like they fight a Sorc. Button mash with no priority or rotation - stun stun stun - button mash - "OMG I'm gonna dieeeeeeee" - try to run away - die.

I play a bodyguard merc, please list out a tabletop version of how I should defend myself against either of those classes.

How often during a game do you sit and cast something?

I don't know why you are arguing about this. :eek:

Plenty. When non-bads CC/root/slow me and get more than 10m away from me. That's when my uber mobility kicks in, right?

10s off the CD of Grapple, 15% run speed boost in combat, 8s of movement impairing immunity +30% run speed. That's mobility.

Plenty. When non-bads CC/root/slow me and get more than 10m away from me. That's when my uber mobility kicks in, right?

10s off the CD of Grapple, 15% run speed boost in combat, 8s of movement impairing immunity +30% run speed. That's mobility.

You're confusing the ability of others classes to remove your mobility, with being a mobile spec. You just listed how to shut down a mobile spec.

You have zero cast times, making it one of the most mobile specs. Sorry that its easy to shut that down. Just like its easy to shut down cast bar classes that "arent" as mobile.

I play a bodyguard merc, please list out a tabletop version of how I should defend myself against either of those classes.

Teamplay? Good luck!

Burst classes are doing burst damage to you and if they don't suck, interrupting your heals? Crazy! And who is protecting you? Good players peel. Where is your peel?

Teamplay? Good luck!

Burst classes are doing burst damage to you and if they don't suck, interrupting your heals? Crazy! And who is protecting you? Good players peel. Where is your peel?

A burst dps class vs a burst healer. Should be a fair fight right? Well hardly.

Please try and peel a good Marauder. Please. I will pay you to switch to my server and stand beside me.

Now, from my post, you could think I am nit-picking and concidering dual wielders unkillable. I'm not, I killed them many times, and I've seen them die many times too. But it's really hard not to nitpick here, because dual-wielder defenders make such general statements (like "My class is weak, because everyone mezz and root me!" :( ) that it's hard not to. Concider this: you are getting rooted and ganked by one reason only: people are afraid of you and your damage. And that's a thing to think about when it comes to balancing classes.

RIght. Tell me what good is a marauder if our damage isn't high?

We are dps, and 80% of our skills are melee based. We can ONLY play as DPS unlike merc who can play healer as as well as dps depending on the builds. If you cant root/stun/mezz a mara before he gets in range its your own damn fault.

And i hate to break it to ya buddy, but in most match I've played most mara still gets out-damaged by merc and sinx.

Gimme 10 ss where a mara drastically out damage every other class instead of saying them on forum. I'm sure I'll be able to provide you with 50 ss where other classes do way more damage than maras.

Long story short, its a l2p issue.

Mara is good when you know how to play it.

It sucks when you don't.

So is every other class.

L2p.

Edited by hyuplee

A burst dps class vs a burst healer. Should be a fair fight right? Well hardly.

Please try and peel a good Marauder. Please. I will pay you to switch to my server and stand beside me.

I kill good Marauders all the time. I let my healer know when I'm going to Pacify/Force Stasis/Awe/slow them. If you're rolling in a group and you don't have people peeling DPS off of you when you're trying to heal them, they're doing it wrong.

Edited by Sevvy

You lose 1v1 to a ... jugg? Omg, stop keyboard turning. It helps.

There is just 1 scenario that a jugg can beat you. Jump on you, unload, immediate push, unload more, stasis, unload even more, fear your bubble and pray that u dont have trinket up. 9/10 times this doesnt work.

So if you lose to a jugg, may be switch classes? Get something even more facerollish /if possible, but i doubt/.

Marauder is far from facerollish. It might be the farthest from actual facerollish there is. Takes way more keybind management. Sounds like you are just a bad jugg beating his head against the wall. I work about 50% harder to be adequate on my marauder then I ever did on my sorc and my sorcerer was a well above average pvp healer. I'm a better healer then marauder, honestly. I'm improving.

There are plenty of scenarios a Jugg can beat you, but they predicate timing of cooldowns and such.

and again, unless you are 1 vs 1 on a turret, there's almost no opportunity for 1 vs 1 in any arena but huttball, and if you're doing it in huttball, you are hurting your team because you're clearly away from the action if you're alone with someone

Edited by islander

What hyup said too. Although I'm seeing there really is a sliding scale. It's not a matter of being good or bad. I am seeing in other mara's though that when they are bad, they are REALLY bad.

With myself, I'm seeing a pretty steady progression upward. Still not a great one, may never be, but I'm not a detriment to my team either

RIght. Tell me what good is a marauder if our damage isn't high?

We are dps, and 80% of our skills are melee based. We can ONLY play as DPS unlike merc who can play healer as as well as dps depending on the builds. If you cant root/stun/mezz a mara before he gets in range its your own damn fault.

And i hate to break it to ya buddy, but in most match I've played most mara still gets out-damaged by merc and sinx.

Gimme 10 ss where a mara drastically out damage every other class instead of saying them on forum. I'm sure I'll be able to provide you with 50 ss where other classes do way more damage than maras.

Long story short, its a l2p issue.

Mara is good when you know how to play it.

It sucks when you don't.

So is every other class.

L2p.

One thing you'll notice about all the nerf threads, is that people can only focus on the 'fact' that Marauder is god mode.

"DAMAGE DOTS SELF HEALING BEST DEFENSIVE CDs EVER OMG UNSTOPPABLE FORCE OF PAIN AND DEATH!!!"

Ask those people what the weakness of a marauder is. What will they say?

"THEY HAVE NO WEAKNESSES UR JUST A MARAUDER TRYING TO PROTECT YOUR GROSSLY OVERPOWERED CLASS FROM BEING NERFED!!!"

Derp derp derp. Bad players will be bad. Good players will learn from being beaten, learn from winning, adapt, and overcome.

Edited by Sevvy

I kill good Marauders all the time. I let my healer know when I'm going to Pacify/Force Stasis/Awe/slow them. If you're rolling in a group and you don't have people peeling DPS off of you when you're trying to heal them, they're doing it wrong.

This. PUGs are generally bad at helping healers. 4 man premades with a healer are usually more self aware. Honestly for me, it's not a matter of killing a healer. I find it's more useful to keep him alive, but not healing anyone but himself. If I end up wearing him down, great, but I put more of a priority of taking him out of the game.

Any team will trade a DPS to nullify a healer. I love all the interrupts I have at my disposal if I space them out intelligently, I can literally interrupt 8 casts in 30 seconds on the fly. I'm not DPSing much doing this, but that's not the point.

Edited by islander

This. PUGs are generally bad at helping healers. 4 man premades with a healer are usually more self aware. Honestly for me, it's not a matter of killing a healer. I find it's more useful to keep him alive, but not healing anyone but himself. If I end up wearing him down, great, but I put more of a priority of taking him out of the game.

Any team will trade a DPS to nullify a healer.

That's the best strat, because if you PUG, you're the only one beating on the healers. The PUGs are beating on the first person they see. And because of you, the first person they see isn't getting spammed with freecast heals.

Any team will trade a DPS to nullify a healer.

This is my point exactly, Marauder/Sentinel nullify a healer and on top of that, pull 1 additional person away from objectives just to try and gain ground.

I only ever hear noobs cry about marauder; a good player of any class can face-roll maras on a bad day. Just because there are one or two mara that excel at playing their class it don't mean the class in general is OP.

Also, in regards to the fotm status of marauder, whose fault do you think that is?

Yours.

That's right. People who whine about mara's dps increase must be brain dead to not realize all dps are buffed through expertise. Everytime I pugged into a team with more than 3 maras i leave, cuz the majority of them still sucks. And these noobs come on forum and tell everyone how godlike maras are and evey gullible mofo is tricked into thinking mara is some face-rolling derp class you can just pick up and play.

Well, you can't.

I always thought merc is a brain dead OP class, well i picked it up recently and I sucked at it. It's the same with operative. If you think maras are so op, play the class and shut up, instead of coming here to whine about how op they are. If you're under the delusion that you gain some kind of self-respect to not play the class that you think is OP, then don't whine because you're just being a little hypocrite.

This is my point exactly, Marauder/Sentinel nullify a healer and on top of that, pull 1 additional person away from objectives just to try and gain ground.

Pretty sure I'd rather trade a marauder for a healer.

3 healers on 1 team > 3 mara on 1 team.

Come play on Delborra Aussie server and you'll see how one guild full of healers with a few dps dominate the wz.

One thing you'll notice about all the nerf threads, is that people can only focus on the 'fact' that Marauder is god mode.

"DAMAGE DOTS SELF HEALING BEST DEFENSIVE CDs EVER OMG UNSTOPPABLE FORCE OF PAIN AND DEATH!!!"

Ask those people what the weakness of a marauder is. What will they say?

"THEY HAVE NO WEAKNESSES UR JUST A MARAUDER TRYING TO PROTECT YOUR GROSSLY OVERPOWERED CLASS FROM BEING NERFED!!!"

Derp derp derp. Bad players will be bad. Good players will learn from being beaten, learn from winning, adapt, and overcome.

You sir, should stop talking about the facts.

They have no place on a forum like this :p

You're confusing the ability of others classes to remove your mobility, with being a mobile spec. You just listed how to shut down a mobile spec.

You have zero cast times, making it one of the most mobile specs. Sorry that its easy to shut that down. Just like its easy to shut down cast bar classes that "arent" as mobile.

what you described as mobility means a Sent/Marauder has even MORE mobility then PT/Vans,,hell every class has a mobile spec except sages really..

alot of people think mobility means that a class is hard to control using a snare/root/stun IE immunes etc

Pretty sure I'd rather trade a marauder for a healer.

3 healers on 1 team > 3 mara on 1 team.

Come play on Delborra Aussie server and you'll see how one guild full of healers with a few dps dominate the wz.

Been there done that.

8 Marauders VS 8 Healers.

Who would win?

what you described as mobility means a Sent/Marauder has even MORE mobility then PT/Vans,,hell every class has a mobile spec except sages really..

alot of people think mobility means that a class is hard to control using a snare/root/stun IE immunes etc

Uh no, Snipers, Sorcs, Arsenal are very immobile classes. Most healers are not mobile, Ops are the mobile one if I were to say so.

And yes Pyro has a lot of trick to remain mobile. If you choose to use them or not. Well that's up to you.

You can nullify a healer with any class that has stuns and interrupts with good uptime on a target. It's not exclusive to Marauders.

And that's when you need a peel. If you have an Assassin tank that has Guard on you, he pulls the Marauder, you run behind the pillar you're standing by and heal to full. GG.

You can nullify a healer with any class that has stuns and interrupts with good uptime on a target. It's not exclusive to Marauders.

And that's when you need a peel. If you have an Assassin tank that has Guard on you, he pulls the Marauder, you run behind the pillar you're standing by and heal to full. GG.

Pyro and Marauders are the only two classes really that nulify a healer solo. Any other class needs 2 to nulify making it worth while.

Well, to be fair, once that second person is pulled away, the marauder is going to go down. Or away via 45 sec CD camo. Either way, he's done for. If you have CC available, he'll die - again eventually. A Marauder or sentinel isn't going to DPS an opponent down through 10k of heals. Ever.

I mean, is it REALLY unusual to have to 2 or 3 on 1 someone? It happens all the time in my warzones. It's usually smarter to burn someone down fast with 3 or 4 then it is for everyone to solo someone else.

A healer can't save someoen getting zerged.

Edited by islander