Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Threat Gen Pyro PVE

ClutchOrden

Anyone else notice the extremely high threat gen for pyro powertechs??

Sitting on the lightning tank in EC, i have waited till he was at 95% before starting dps and still manage to pull threat.

Why do we not have some sort of threat dump in our dps tree somewhere?

.... No I dont have bad tanks, watching Mox im usually sitting around 1400

Previously a tank could stack Taunts on a target and threat was *never* an issue.

With EC and so many tank swaps you need to watch out for that occur it's not possible anymore so certain specs will start to show through a bit more often on the pulling threat mechanism

As for why it feels like Pyro pulls a bit more threat, not sure. Always been that way.

I know Melee and Range have different threat Modifiers (or so I read quite a few times) so the only thing I could think of is we are a melee with a ranged threat modifier (which is higher than regular melee)

Edited by exphryl

Yeah, on the tanks I only get one taunt off early after jumping in, followed by an AoE taunt normally after my first run through the rotation. After that, have to sit on taunt for the swap. Normally not an issue, but i've noticed Mara and Pyro's will pull hate and mess up the Double Destruction if I don't have guard on em.

Luckily, i've never had to deal with both of them on one side, so normally one guards enough. The other dps classes don't tend to have that issue, but we've wiped twice when I just got absentminded and forgot to put guard on and the PT pulled hate during DD and messed it all up. (Well, I messed it up, but that's beside the point.)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.