Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Second Blackhole Relic?

Elitebhy

Approaching nearly 200 daily commendations again, was wondering if I should get another dps relic.

My first one was the internal damages one, I notice it says the effect will not happen for 4.5 seconds and this will affect all similar relics.

The question is I suppose is it still worth it to get a second one, it seems to me its an additional 30% chance to hit 184/241.

Thanks in advance.

If you use skill that consists of 3 hits after 4.5 cd is up, it's quite unlikely that it won't proc( in long run, it should proc from first such skill in 70% cases). With similar skill as follow up, proc is almost certain

With second relic, you bring chance of proc from first skill used to 90%

In fight that lasts 6 min, you get around 94 procs from single relic, and 98 procs with second.

Now answer yourself if additional 1.6 DPS increase is worth it.

Or even assuming that with single relic it never procs instantly, instead always procs once every 7,5s, as opposed to 2 relics and proc every 6 sec - 6.6 DPS increase, obviously from empty relic slot.

The proc relics are totally useless imo.. if you do 200k damage you'll only hit an extra 10k from the procs..

Best combo is a passive and active relic.

passive - use matrix cube

active - use crit or power

That's an extra 5% damage. From a single slot. How is that useless? That's enormous.

That's an extra 5% damage. From a single slot. How is that useless? That's enormous.

Has the math been done to compare the proc dmg relics to the power clicky relics?

I have the Burning Force Relic from KP (156 elem dmg) and the Rakata Power relic (380 power) and no idea which will be a bigger dps increase.

+405 to power for 20 seconds = best in slot for a Watchman.

I have an augmented Rakata one which adds +380 and has a +89 endurance and +18 power on it so I'm using that right now. As soon as I crit on my Campaign one, I will put an augment into it and it will replace my Rakata relic. My 2nd relic is the one from KP HM that does the +224 damage proc (IIRC, could be off a little on that number). As soon as I get my 2nd set of 200 daily comms, I will get the Campaign version of it (haven't decided whether I'm going to risk another R/E on a 200 daily comm item, lol) and my relic slots will be complete till 1.3. :D

Edited by PantsOn

Sorry, I have asked this in the Jedi Shadow forum but no response. Seeing as you folks have a good thread going on the relics, I figure I would pry your brains for an opinion.

Regarding the 4.5 second proc internal damage relic; does anyone know how this is effected by the Jedi Shadow's ability Combat Technique (Combat Technique also does internal damage with a small heal but can only proc every 4.5s)? More specifically, will Combat Technique's ability override the ability for the relic to proc or vice-versa?

Thanks in advance

+405 to power for 20 seconds = best in slot for a Watchman.

I have an augmented Rakata one which adds +380 and has a +89 endurance and +18 power on it so I'm using that right now. As soon as I crit on my Campaign one, I will put an augment into it and it will replace my Rakata relic. My 2nd relic is the one from KP HM that does the +224 damage proc (IIRC, could be off a little on that number). As soon as I get my 2nd set of 200 daily comms, I will get the Campaign version of it (haven't decided whether I'm going to risk another R/E on a 200 daily comm item, lol) and my relic slots will be complete till 1.3. :D

If you would be so kind to clarify this for me: You actually learned a schematic from reversing a campaign relic? If yes, is it BoE or BoP after crafting?

As far as the relics concerned i found that using the matrix cube gave me better dps than using the rakata relic from KP.

I can't remember where I kept that log, but after hammering on my training dummy for about 5/6 mins i got maybe 8~10K dmg out of the KP relic, so I'm questioning it's viability in PvE.

10K dmg over let's say an entire boss fight (pretty much always 5/6 mins if you messure enrage timers) seems a bit useless.

As I said don't have the log anymore but I'm quite sure my dmg with matrix cube was higher.

If you would be so kind to clarify this for me: You actually learned a schematic from reversing a campaign relic? If yes, is it BoE or BoP after crafting?

As far as the relics concerned i found that using the matrix cube gave me better dps than using the rakata relic from KP.

I can't remember where I kept that log, but after hammering on my training dummy for about 5/6 mins i got maybe 8~10K dmg out of the KP relic, so I'm questioning it's viability in PvE.

10K dmg over let's say an entire boss fight (pretty much always 5/6 mins if you messure enrage timers) seems a bit useless.

As I said don't have the log anymore but I'm quite sure my dmg with matrix cube was higher.

I'd like to know as well before I go REing something that costs 200 comms.

you don't have to RE somethign to find out if you can learn it. Hit RE, hover over the item, look at the tooltip, it will tell you if you have a chance to learn it or not. Win

Only thing is that i don't trust the tooltip. Because i've had things saying i couldnt learn something actually giving me a new schematic and things that said there was a 20% chance and then when i clicked it said: 'Not possible to RE this item'

Just checked in game and yes, you have about a 20% chance to RE the relics and learn a schem from them. :)

Hmz, This makes me happy & sad cuz now I have a chance on even more awesome relics, but I have to grind daily comms again :S

I would also like to know this

Yes, I reverse engineered the Campaign Relic that grants you 405 power for 20 seconds and costs 200 dailies. The ones you make are BoE. My guildies have reverse engineered a bunch of Blackhole crap (earpieces, implants and enhancements). Level 8 crafting mats are used to make Blackhole/Campaign (level 146) gear.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.