Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

'Random' Loot Drops

I wonder if other folks are finding that the Loot Drops at the end of Hardmodes are not random but seem almost deliberately irrelevant to party makeup?

Yesterday evening myself and my friends grouped up and did three hardmodes together hoping to get some columi for those of us still without. Among us there were 2 sorcs and 2 Bounty Hunters.

We did Boarding Party first and after beating Storm Squad we got Agent columi - useless.

We then did Kaon under Siege and got Agent columi at the end - useless.

We love this game and we tried again - we did Battle of Ilum, and what did we get at the end? Warrior columi: useless.

To do a hardmode, with friends who are only rarely able to all be online together for any real length of time, and to get nothing useful for the effort - 3 TIMES! - is very discouraging to say the least. It seems quite unnecessarily over-harsh. It seems to me to be a pointless waste of columi as well.

I thought they were fixing this? If they are not I could use some kind of advice or guide so I am not left apologising to friends for so much wasted effort! Is the loot drop (as it appears to be) dependent upon what day you choose to do hardmodes? Like, was it agent and warrior columi day yesterday or something?

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions about what can be done about this?

Speaking anecdotally the new 1.2 content has not given my progression team the same problems. The tier two Campaign gear is not class specific and none of the Black Hole drops have gone to waste. This after two full Story and HM 8M EC runs. The old operations, however, are still dropping majority cunning gear when we have no smugglers on our team.

I created a bug ticket about this last night and actually got a response. It is a known issue and being worked on. Why on earth they are not announcing this so people are not so aggravated is beyond me. Or, perhaps they did and most of us just missed it. Hopefully this is fixed fast because about 90% dropped items are aimed for the classes that are NOT in the group.

(I would strongly advise trying to fill the spots with one from each base class until the fix.)

I wonder if other folks are finding that the Loot Drops at the end of Hardmodes are not random but seem almost deliberately irrelevant to party makeup?

Yesterday evening myself and my friends grouped up and did three hardmodes together hoping to get some columi for those of us still without. Among us there were 2 sorcs and 2 Bounty Hunters.

We did Boarding Party first and after beating Storm Squad we got Agent columi - useless.

We then did Kaon under Siege and got Agent columi at the end - useless.

We love this game and we tried again - we did Battle of Ilum, and what did we get at the end? Warrior columi: useless.

To do a hardmode, with friends who are only rarely able to all be online together for any real length of time, and to get nothing useful for the effort - 3 TIMES! - is very discouraging to say the least. It seems quite unnecessarily over-harsh. It seems to me to be a pointless waste of columi as well.

I thought they were fixing this? If they are not I could use some kind of advice or guide so I am not left apologising to friends for so much wasted effort! Is the loot drop (as it appears to be) dependent upon what day you choose to do hardmodes? Like, was it agent and warrior columi day yesterday or something?

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions about what can be done about this?

The exact same thing happened to us. 2 Bounty Hunters, 2 sorcs and all columi and tionese drops were for warrior or agent. We were all really bumped out from this one and I haven't seen 2 of them online since...

A sidenote with that is that you can't collect Columi commendations as reliably as you used to. I've been grinding Hardmodes for almost two weeks and all I got now is a chestpiece and gloves (all bought from commendations because of abovementioned situation)... I have been actively doing 2-3 Flashpoints every day. I am full Tionese with two columi pieces and two crafted rakata pieces. I do not seem to remember having this much trouble gearing my agent...

Hello everyone,

This is currently a known issue. In order to keep the forums tidy and conversations in one place please use this thread to discuss the topic of loot and group composition, we will be closing this current thread. Thank You!

Hello everyone! We appreciate you joining us to play Star Wars™: The Old Republic™, and we hope you enjoy the game. As MMORPGs are large and complex projects, inevitably we do discover issues that may affect gameplay. We're working constantly to fix anything that will affect the player experience, but for now this is our current list of high priority in-game known issues.

UPDATED: April 20th, 2012

Flashpoints and Operations

Hard Mode Flashpoint loot does not currently take group composition into account.