Fix PVP heals or quit taking my money.

Daikyll

I guess we will see you somewhere else then.

You not meant to be able to keep a player alive who is being attacked by multiple players - do you appreciate how much healing you would need to do in order to counteract the damage multiple people do to a single player?

I agree that a heal spec (or realistically any spec) sorc can go toe to toe with another player without good gaming skill given our low armour against dps's and interupts from other classes but we are not melee characters, we are support characters.

You post does nothing to advance the subject of any imbalance and simply states your discontent. Maybe something with more constructive than your emotional state would assist the dev's in resolving issues, otherwise simply re-roll a different character.

So I am currently level 36 and so can't really comment on end game. However sorc healing seems quite good. I am finding the shield ability to be very powerful. Sure I go down quite fast and if I let people hit me then I die quickly. I am specced madness and well I like it because it gives a lot of mobility.

I don't see sorc healing as being good enough to keep someone alive. It feels more like support than full healing. A well timed heal, use of the shield and running or using objects to break LoS are very powerful tactics. Break LoS and heal, they have to run to you, in that time you get a heal off, a new shield and can DPS them, since they were running they probably didn't heal. If they don't follow you can heal a team mate.

If you are just healing then you are playing wrong, again sorc healing does not seem good enough for "healer" style play, it feels more like it's there to fill a support role, that is DPS, heal and CC as needed. If you are getting focus fired a lot then you are probably against a premade group and the defence to that is joining your own.

So I am currently level 36 and so can't really comment on end game. However sorc healing seems quite good. I am finding the shield ability to be very powerful. Sure I go down quite fast and if I let people hit me then I die quickly. I am specced madness and well I like it because it gives a lot of mobility.

I don't see sorc healing as being good enough to keep someone alive. It feels more like support than full healing. A well timed heal, use of the shield and running or using objects to break LoS are very powerful tactics. Break LoS and heal, they have to run to you, in that time you get a heal off, a new shield and can DPS them, since they were running they probably didn't heal. If they don't follow you can heal a team mate.

If you are just healing then you are playing wrong, again sorc healing does not seem good enough for "healer" style play, it feels more like it's there to fill a support role, that is DPS, heal and CC as needed. If you are getting focus fired a lot then you are probably against a premade group and the defence to that is joining your own.

There's your problem right there then. Sorc healing doesn't seem good enough for a "healer" style of play.

1:- You're specced madness, which means you're not actually specced for healing. No wonder it's not up to scratch with what a "healer" role should be doing.

2:- Why are you perfectly ok that Sorc healers shouldn't be capable of healing equally well in a warzone as other healers. They've balanced healer specs so they're all more or less relative in PvE (which I think is a good theory, even if I am dubious as to whether it's actually ended up balanced), but then why not carry through with this idea into PvP?

Isn't that like saying, yeah, some classes can do DPS, and some classes are rubbish DPS. But it's ok, because... they can fill someones resolve bar instead. Yay! (/sarcasm).

There's your problem right there then. Sorc healing doesn't seem good enough for a "healer" style of play.

1:- You're specced madness, which means you're not actually specced for healing. No wonder it's not up to scratch with what a "healer" role should be doing.

2:- Why are you perfectly ok that Sorc healers shouldn't be capable of healing equally well in a warzone as other healers. They've balanced healer specs so they're all more or less relative in PvE (which I think is a good theory, even if I am dubious as to whether it's actually ended up balanced), but then why not carry through with this idea into PvP?

Isn't that like saying, yeah, some classes can do DPS, and some classes are rubbish DPS. But it's ok, because... they can fill someones resolve bar instead. Yay! (/sarcasm).

Kind of flipping what I side upside down. I am saying that sorc healing is fine, it isn't enough to keep someone alive and that is how it should be. If you use CC and healing and DPS you are more of a benefit to your group, and stop more damage coming in than if you just healed.

I don't top healing of course, though I do some, I do not try to keep people full health, I heal them to stop them dying. You don't have to win with full health. Sometimes letting one team mate die and killing an enemy may lead to victory when only healing would lead to defeat.

Madness is not a healing spec, but the healing is decent. I like it because it is a hybrid spec. WoW destroyed the viability of hybrid play, here I can do that and it works. If you want to only heal in battle then play World of Warcraft where pure healing works. Here it seems throwing the odd lightning bolt or CC with a heal is far better for your team than just healing.

Kind of flipping what I side upside down. I am saying that sorc healing is fine, it isn't enough to keep someone alive and that is how it should be. If you use CC and healing and DPS you are more of a benefit to your group, and stop more damage coming in than if you just healed.

I don't top healing of course, though I do some, I do not try to keep people full health, I heal them to stop them dying. You don't have to win with full health. Sometimes letting one team mate die and killing an enemy may lead to victory when only healing would lead to defeat.

Madness is not a healing spec, but the healing is decent. I like it because it is a hybrid spec. WoW destroyed the viability of hybrid play, here I can do that and it works. If you want to only heal in battle then play World of Warcraft where pure healing works. Here it seems throwing the odd lightning bolt or CC with a heal is far better for your team than just healing.

A bit confused here - you're agreeing that corruption is not an appropriate PVP spec?

Full disclosure: I just hit 50 and switched from x/12/28 to 33/7/1, so I'm experiencing the full brunt of the transition from top damage dealer to official punching bag all at once. Nothing quite as sweet as being a low expertise healer continuously facing pre-mades. Fun times.

I'm a healing sorcerer, and have been through the "slaughter house animal" feeling during the gear up. It is very hard in the beginning while you basically get out of the respawn area and die within 10 seconds over and over again.

As you gear up, you learn tactics though. How to run away, when to use purge, how to effectively hump a pillar, which heals are the effective ones, bubble everyone including self, that sixth sense when you know someone is stealthed around you, and then you become pro.

As a Sorc healer, I can dish out between 200-400k heals (not using that ridiculous mechanism where you use consumption to reduce your health and heal back up for medals).

I'm a full Corruption specced healer and though at first the changes made me feel underpowered and very frustrated, I realised that actually I needed to alter how I played. I do miss the quick big heal we could use on a free proc but it was overpowered. I use Revivification a lot more than I used to, grouping up around the ranged mostly (or sometimes dropping near the doors in Voidstar for melee), which, also helps keep my health pool up after using consumptions on proc (sometimes not on proc but its required at times). It also means I can focus heal Melee much more effectively.

The biggest thing now is, in my opinion, managing force, as pre patch I could heal an entire heavy damage Voidstar without running out of force. As my main is a Pyro Merc I'm used to heat management, so adapting to making sure my force is better managed wasn't too big a step. But its still hell a lot more difficult than it used to be.

Fake casting is your friend, use it and use it often! If you dont fake cast at all to force a wasted interupt you deserve to die. Otherwise the dps is just wasting his energy hitting on you. 1v1 with kiting, you live. Heck 1v1 without kiting and juking an interupt you should still live. We shouldnt be able to outlive 2dps hitting us, no healer should.

Finally, Sorc healers are very much capable of healing as well as other healers. More often than not, we are better. The one's that stand out now as being immortal in other classes now are the one's that previously excelled in their class before their buffs. Yes Operatives (the good ones), I'm looking at you!

Hey folks,

We do thank people for taking the time out to post about issues and concerns about the game. We do read it, regardless of whether it is positive or negative.

That being said, feedback about specific issues should whenever possible be placed into the proper subforum. For example, there are existing threads where discussions about some of these concerns are being had:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=429133

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=372479

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=405127

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=425352

Also, while we do appreciate and read feedback, we do ask that said feedback is constructive and respectful. If you need some guidelines for doing so, we do have a post here via our Dev Tracker that explains it:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=141421

We'll be closing this thread, but do encourage folks to post constructive feedback about the game in future threads. Thanks for your understanding!