PvP system as a whole is BROKEN

stinkybird

let me list all that is wrong..

premades vs pugs (an unfair advantage and ruins the spirit of competition)

too many forms of CC (simply do not need every class to have it and more than 1 form of it)

AoE too strong in PvP (should be a useless amount of damage in PvP)

healers doing too much dmg (if you are heal spec you should not be able to do damage)

hybrid specs are a joke and kills the game (should not be allowed period)

no penalty for QUITTERS (quitters cause more losses than anything)

unbalanced classes (marauders doing 400k with a 57 to 1 kill ratio they are too OP not even using full PvP gear)

i am simply fed up with the whole system in place. the premade vs pug issue is way out of the spirit of competition. it gives one team an unfair advantage and that is not how PvP should be designed.

the absolutely absurd amount of CC(interrupts/stuns/knockbacks) is completely flawed in its self.

Healers doing 200k dmg while healing for 200k is just STUPID. if you are spec'd heals then you should only be able to heal.

leads me to Hybrid specs being a joke. i remember while playing WoW how the hybrid spec flat out ruined the PvP. even Blizzard was smart enough to take those away.

then we have the people and i really should say it like this the MASSIVE AMOUNT OF PEOPLE that quit game after game. their has to be something put in place to keep these people from quitting. the quitters are causing losses and making it very hard to even want to PvP period or even play the game.

last thing is the class are way out of balance. i seen just today a marauder do over 400k dmg and he was in half PvP half PvE gear. now what is the point of PvP gear if someone can come in dressed like that and do what that person did. marauders are able to basically 2 shot a 15k HP heavy armored class and it only gets worse as a light armor. the unbalancing of the classes is causing everyone to reroll. now in a warzone all you see is Marauders/Sents and sages/sorcerers cause those are the OP classes and its a huge gap in between the other 6 classes.

so keep it up Bioware go ahead and keep on ignoring the fact that your PvP system is flawed from head to toe. if you keep choosing to ignore these problems you are going to lose more subs until you are force to go free to play. most of your sub base play these MMOs for the PvP and when you have a system like this it makes all of them look for a new game. this system needs to be FIXED ASAP!!!!

Edited by stinkybird

premades get no real advantage except for better communication. This is a multiplayer game, teamwork has its advantages, duh.

Hybrid specs add more customization, nobody wants a bunch of cookie cutter builds.

But yes, there should be a penealty for quitting, and class balance will always be an issue.

that is the unfair advantage of a premade is communication over a voice server. pugs dont have that option. plus pugs will have quitters and a premade won't. just makes it unfair premade should face other premades.

I would say most premades barely use VOIP for anything but BS. Pre-mades still have to deal with the possibility of the other 4 pugs leaving.

Let me just deconstruct two of your points for you:

1), hybrid classes. From what I've seen, all MAJOR hybrid classes (under 25+ points in one tree) have been nerfed in to oblivion. 25+ point specs are not hybrids for the most part, as they still can't access full mobility or damage talents from other trees without sacrificing a good deal of marginal DPS.

2) AOE is so easy to avoid you must be a pretty terrible player at games to get hit by it. Simple Rule; if there's a big circle on the ground, get out of it.

premades vs pugs (an unfair advantage and ruins the spirit of competition)

too many forms of CC (simply do not need every class to have it and more than 1 form of it)

AoE too strong in PvP (should be a useless amount of damage in PvP)

healers doing too much dmg (if you are heal spec you should not be able to do damage)

hybrid specs are a joke and kills the game (should not be allowed period)

no penalty for QUITTERS (quitters cause more losses than anything)

unbalanced classes (marauders doing 400k with a 57 to 1 kill ratio they are too OP not even using full PvP gear)

1) join a guild, roll a premade. I have been developing a certain guild since it had 30 members and its finally starting to pay off in pvp. Premades will beat pugs 9/10 times (though ive seen some funny exceptions to this). I believe ranked warzones was supposed to fix the disparity.

2) I dont believe there are too many forms of cc, but i feel like the cd on your cc breaker needs to be lowered in warzones and that the resolve system can be improved.

3) AOE is fine, and, as ill explain further, forms a balance to classes like the marauder.

4) Healers already got nerfed, stop whining.

5) Hybrids make the game interesting.

6) Since they fixed the system where losers got nothing for their efforts, i agree that quitters should be punished.

7) As you can tell by my sig, i have experienced a variety of classes. I can tell you that the marauder is extremely devastating, but not as bad as you think. The marauder is efficient at man to man combat, but will consistently fail to compare to the damage of strong aoe classes. and these classes will fail one on one. Truthfully, most people who play marauders/sentinels are extreme noobs to the class, who only play it because, as you pointed out, it has a reputation as being op. Also, when on cd, the potency of a marauder/sent is extremely hindered too. You just have to know how to play against different classes.

Edited by DarthPunitor

Let me just deconstruct two of your points for you:

2) AOE is so easy to avoid you must be a pretty terrible player at games to get hit by it. Simple Rule; if there's a big circle on the ground, get out of it.

This isnt the only form of aoe. And yes, death from above and its mirror are pretty worthless with the nerf. Real aoe is attacks like fusion missile that put a dot in an aoe. and with powersurge, mercs can cast it instantly without any heat cost. pretty damn devastating.

Im going to get some cybertech grenades on my marauder, then i TRULY will be op. :cool:

1) join a guild, roll a premade. I have been developing a certain guild since it had 30 members and its finally starting to pay off in pvp. Premades will beat pugs 9/10 times (though ive seen some funny exceptions to this). I believe ranked warzones was supposed to fix the disparity.

2) I dont believe there are too many forms of cc, but i feel like the cd on your cc breaker needs to be lowered in warzones and that the resolve system can be improved.

3) AOE is fine, and, as ill explain further, forms a balance to classes like the marauder.

4) Healers already got nerfed, stop whining.

5) Hybrids make the game interesting.

6) Since they fixed the system where losers got nothing for their efforts, i agree that quitters should be punished.

7) As you can tell by my sig, i have experienced a variety of classes. I can tell you that the marauder is extremely devastating, but not as bad as you think. The marauder is efficient at man to man combat, but will consistently fail to compare to the damage of strong aoe classes. and these classes will fail one on one. Truthfully, most people who play marauders/sentinels are extreme noobs to the class, who only play it because, as you pointed out, it has a reputation as being op. Also, when on cd, the potency of a marauder/sent is extremely hindered too. You just have to know how to play against different classes.

you make some good points for sure here. most of my post is out of frustration from todays efforts in my games. i have been looking for a PvP focused guild with no luck. witch is funny being i am on the over populated Fatman. i was not really whinning about the healers as a whole. just simply saying they should not be able to do the dmg they do. i appreciate all your points and going to log back on and give it a go again.

you make some good points for sure here. most of my post is out of frustration from todays efforts in my games. i have been looking for a PvP focused guild with no luck. witch is funny being i am on the over populated Fatman. i was not really whinning about the healers as a whole. just simply saying they should not be able to do the dmg they do. i appreciate all your points and going to log back on and give it a go again.

What faction are you in? I have been on fatman since launch and there are many pvp oriented guilds on both sides and growing. Are you making an effort to reach out to members of common guild names you may see and ask if they have websites and such so you can see what they are about. Or Ask to speak to recruiters that are in the guild or just a member in general to see if thats something for you.. Or have you been playing being quiet and anti-social waiting for someone to recruit you like your the next Michael Jordan ?

Most of your post seems like a whole bunch of qq. Even So called OP classes can be overcome. Why shouldn't healers have a modicum of damage they cant rely on other people or companions all the time.

If you are on The Fatman and you are republic I would not mind playing with you to give you serious consideration.

If you are Imperial check out such guilds as "Axis , Ruin Gaming , Pantheon , Seal Team Sith , Vanquish , Section One, Void, etc.." Its so easy to find a guild just take effort and communication.

Edited by prodigyqnz

What faction are you in? I have been on fatman since launch and there are many pvp oriented guilds on both sides and growing. Are you making an effort to reach out to members of common guild names you may see and ask if they have websites and such so you can see what they are about. Or Ask to speak to recruiters that are in the guild or just a member in general to see if thats something for you.. Or have you been playing being quiet and anti-social waiting for someone to recruit you like your the next Michael Jordan ?

Most of your post seems like a whole bunch of qq. Even So called OP classes can be overcome. Why shouldn't healers have a modicum of damage they cant rely on other people or companions all the time.

If you are on The Fatman and you are republic I would not mind playing with you to give you serious consideration.

If you are Imperial check out such guilds as "Axis , Ruin Gaming , Pantheon , Seal Team Sith , Vanquish , Section One, Void, etc.." Its so easy to find a guild just take effort and communication.

i am republic and i know all to well about those imp guilds they are killing us in PvP today. my main issue with getting a guild is not wanting to play with the under 18 crowd. i am 30 and want to be around people my age witch i am sure most people feel the same when you are older. yes i was QQing out of pure frustration from PvP today going against a premade of axis and seal team sith it was brutal. so between them and the quitters i had my blood pumping.