Huttball United =)

robozvir

First of all, I'm not familiar with English, so take my huge excuses for my poor language. Some words and phrases I had to translate with Google translator =) Do not take it very serious, I was just bored =)

So, getting to the point.

The basic idea is the Huttball has huge potential, but a lack of variability, cause of just one map and no further atmosphere around that sport.

The suggestion is:

1. Adding more various maps (not only on Nar Shaddaa but across the Galaxy, with different design like

bridges, traps, power ups and debuffs) would be great.

2. The First Intergalactic Huttball Championship =) Making Huttball complete different type of competition. Make a possibility to separate it from other war zones. (like rest pvp encounters it could be unrated and rated)

3. Gear. Developing a special huttball gear will be fun too. For example set bonus could be a lesser debuff of ball carrier, or much more far passes. And of course the sport outfit and possibility to paint it in any color.

(continue the idea of painting is full set worn on Ops Leader, he can give a special buff to the team making them similar painted as Leader during the match=) (picked color will be locked for opponent team)

4. Nar Shaddaa, as a "fatherland" of Huttball can get a special sanctuary zone, with general chat same for the players of both fractions, Huttball vendors, sport totalizator, and "hyper vision broadcasting" of matches.

5. Maps:

Unfortunately I am not an artist, so just a few words describe the way I imagine it represents a singleю

-Sarlac's Pit @ Tatooine. Radial turnable map above the Sarlac's Pit. Unlucky players can be pushed into the Sarlac's stomach and die. Big circle static platform in the middle and several satelite platforms variable with levels according to mid point. Score lines placed on two static barges (like Jabba has in"Returning of a Jedi", just bigger). Also there are some random "trap doors" on the arena, so players have to be aware not to fall and feed Sarlak by themselves.

-Nar Shaddaa Top. A top point on Nar Shaddaa rebuilt into a Huttball arena. The roof of the highest tower of the planet has two "peaks" on opposite sides with score lines. Also arena has no borders so players who gets close to the edge can be pushed away and instant death. (like at the bridges on Voidstar) in the middle the "lower point" central platform with some objects like barricades and big area for fighting, jumpers (air traps), can help players get on to two platforms above the lower area. There are "rdd points". At the exits from lower point there are electric fields which turns on in some timers. Player trapped into them get stunned and take damage (50 % of available health) during "energized" phase of the trap. To get to the score line, players have to avoid electric traps, and wait a lift to get access to the scoring area. Also there are two side bridges which connected with central area from the left and right sides. From these bridges players can easy jump down to the scoring areas. But bridges placed above the heat vents of the tower. So there are several points on the bridges where player can be trapped in. People who got into vent phase got heat damage and debuff that reduces the armor for some period. Also there are horizontal vents which can easily push away players with their wind blow outside the arena. At scoring areas there are a high points from which players can jump down to the side bridges.

-Hoth Ice. An icy plateau on the Hoth. Main difference of this arena its icy mid point and bridges. Players

can't just stop or change a direction instantly. They will just continue to slide same direction for a short time, like an inertion movement. At the high bridges cold winds are blowing. So even static players will be slightly moved to random sides. (all at one direction). So people have to be alarmed not to be pushed away from the bridges. Also there are some freezing geysers on the map. Players who trapped into geyser be frozen for a short period of time, this stun cannot be removed with an anti-CC abilities. (but player stunned this way gets only 50% dmg)

-Balmorra mine field. The hills of Balmora turned into Huttball field. Pretty straight arena similar to rugby field with some war wrecks and closing force fields in critical points, so players have to wait until its unlock phase, and mines placed on each team sides. They blows up when enemy get to close, but damages any player in area of effect. There are several types of mines. Instant damaging, fire mines with DoT effect and disrupting mines that slows players. Also there is a turret on each side. Players can activate the turret and help the team with defense. Each turret has several charges. Damaging charge - regular blaster bolt low damage and short CD, blast charge with long CD pushes everybody out of the blast point. So enemies can be pushed to the mines and force fields. But defenders have to be accurate, cause Blast charges also pushes their teammates. Also turrets can be disrupted by activating console near it.

-Taris Rakgoul River. Wastelands of Taris are perfect place to play the Huttball, especially Rakgoul River. The river is full of rakgoul virus. There is a rocky island in the middle of the river, and a bridge system connects it to the shores where the score lines are. The point is in players who fall into the water instantly mutates in rakgoul form =) Rakgoul can not separate enemy from ally, they see just red blurry outlines and can attack anyone in the arena, so as anyone can attack them. Mutation converts main stat of a character into a strength parameter, and usual abilities changes to the rakgoul leap (charge), claws and kicks, etc. This form lasts 30 sec, then person dying and respawns at the base. Also rakgoul can not carry the ball. At the bases placed several automatic turrets, shooting gakgouls only, so opponents team can't just spaming a rackgoul waves to the base, so as defenders can't be rakgouls.

You have some really interesting ideas, but I think it might be challenging for Bioware to implement all of those new features together.

The inertia on the ice would be interesting at first, but might get annoying after the first round.

The minefield sounds cool, could work well. Turrets could work if they had a really limited range, and were more of a side thing, not really a game-changer.

Also, that was very good considering English wasn't your first language.

You have some really interesting ideas, but I think it might be challenging for Bioware to implement all of those new features together.

The inertia on the ice would be interesting at first, but might get annoying after the first round.

The minefield sounds cool, could work well. Turrets could work if they had a really limited range, and were more of a side thing, not really a game-changer.

Also, that was very good considering English wasn't your first language.

Thank you for kind words) So, what i have to say? I'm an optimist, and believe that Bioware can do it, they just have no experience in MMO's) In fact 1.2 update is a first step to SW:TOR become a really good game.

About a "sliding" areas on Hoth arena, maybe you're right. The main idea was in adding more movement power ups and debuffs to the arena, no matter which current classes are playing. Cause I noticed that if Huttball team has 3 tank-assassins with all their abilities of force speed, CC's and invulnerability they just can not be stopped, their are 99% wins the round with 6-0 score. (exception is another 3 tank-assassin's, who grabs the ball faster). And it have to be fixed, especially when ranked WZ's are coming.

And God bless the Google translator, without it my post looked a bit different =)

I think this would be awesome i like the team idea myself it would give huttball a more sporting game feel and not just normal pvp

That was mentioned in my start post. =) The main idea is to make the Huttball much more entertaining encounter. Including new items, stories, daily quests, vendors, ladder, titles and (if championship idea OK) holos of champions at the fleet bases.

All this stuff can be easily converted to the Speeder\Swoop Race competition. (as for me, I would prefer speeder) With modification vehicles, new race zones (opposite to war zones), speeder physics and new game-play mechanics. I already have some thoughts about it. ;-) It can be built on star missions base. Just add physics, some obstacles on the road and let people use some of their force\tech abilities against each other =) So if war zones a bit more of team play, swoop races could become more personal challenge.

I've always wanted mixed teams... be cool to randomly throw 4 imps with 4 PUBs, this is neutral territory right? So why not? :D

Would be interesting to say the least.

You misunderstood, I'm not suggesting mix teams, just some area to people from both fractions can challenge each other to the game (unrated of course) =) Like a lobby or hall, or square\plaza... idk how to express in other way. My English is not well...(

Edited by robozvir

You misunderstood, I'm not suggesting mix teams, just some area to people from both fractions can challenge each other to the game (unrated of course) =) Like a lobby or hall, or square\plaza... idk how to express in other way. My English is not well...(

It's just something i've always wanted, not implying you said that. I think it'd be nice to mix it up... especially since half the PUBs on my server have no clue how to play huttball lol. Balance!

It's just something i've always wanted, not implying you said that. I think it'd be nice to mix it up... especially since half the PUBs on my server have no clue how to play huttball lol. Balance!

Oh, ok. I get it)) Good idea, by the way) Not every person in Galaxy is straight oriented to one or another fraction, especially on such planets like Nar Shadda, where all lines are faded, and difference between good and evil is not so clear. Money and glory rules this world. ;-)

Edited by robozvir

Huttball is my favorite warzone. These suggestions are great.

after ranked warzones come out I would LOVE to see huttball teams get made. Lets make an eSport.

One little thing, Huttball is not only warzone, it's completely different type of competition more similar with rugby or football (american). There is more teamplay in it, than in all other 3 warzones. Here you can't win just because you're good in what your doing (heal, dps or tanking), there have to be some people who feels what's going on the field.

It simple to suggest a lot of weekly\monthly quests to make it even more exciting. 2 exmpl: give 100 passes, intercept 50 passes, kill 25 ball carriers, cc the ball carrier for 60 minutes overall, win less than in a 5 min., last man standing hold the ball till the end of the match when the score is draw and so on (team bonus, not personal. to avoid stupid situations when person holding the ball to get achievement and dying).

One idea to encourage passing would be to make the Huttball a Thermal Detonator that will explode if held by the same player for 30 seconds, doing a large amount of damage to the carrier (and anyone nearby) and resetting the ball at the center. This could lead to some diabolical goals- "Kill a player by a Huttball explosion" "Kill a player by a Huttball explosion without dying to the explosion" or "Kill 5 players by Huttball explosions in a single game."

I'd like to see a Huttball field with less emphasis on leaps, knockbacks and stuns since not every class has those abilities. Making the side to side narrower while lengthening the arena, as well as flattening the course would lead to higher scoring.

The problem I see with the Hoth idea is that spells like Telekinesis would push both players apart if realistic physics were applied (also pretty much any shooting ability from non-force users.) It would be fun to watch Jawas on Zambonis between rounds though...

Also, if I may- Twilek streakers. This needs to be added.

Excuse me, what does mean "streakers", even Google translator doesn't know this word....(

OMG! The Wikipedia does! >_<

lol :D

Actually Twi'lek dancers, would be nice around speeder racing. =)

Edited by robozvir

I would love to see this in the game in maybe a future expansion it would be sweet

Yeah, me too. But I had kept an eye on this forum and likely this topic will be lost in tons of "BIOWARE GIMMIE FREE SMTH111" ... Zero chance that someone from developers really read these words. To had their attention we have to start a new topic each hour during a week...)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=434406

I had posted a similar thread recently without noticing this one too much.

Take a look.

Took keep more in line with the blood thirsty Baron Deathmark, I propose the following warzone to appease the Hutts.

Each team has 1 Ball Carrier at all times, or the team is penalized.

The objective is to kill the enemy ball carriers in order to score a certain amount of points. Points could potentially be generated by regular player kills, but dropping a ball carrier could yield more points or a group buff.

Once a ball is passed and caught, it cannot be passed again for a certain amount of time. The longer a person carries a ball, there could be either be some sort of buff or damage resistance to that player, or maybe certain actions could be performed by you team to put a debuff on the enemy ball carrier. Perhaps consoles which could toggle certain buff/debuff combinations on either your ball carrier vs the enemies. Maybe enemy consoles could be attacked and shut down for a period of time allowing them to lose their bonuses.

The Arena could be huttball-esque, pitfalls, traps, etc. The game ends when time has run out or if an enemy team is just flat out dominating the other team for a period of time. The team with the most points wins.

Suggestions?

/signed

I really love the mechanics of Huttball - simple, but fun. Developing it side-by-side with the ranked warzones, and making it to be more of a galactic sport rather than *just* another PvP warzone, would be really great and would give SWTOR another uniqueness factor in it.

But yes, these new Huttball maps and/or modified mechanics should be applied steadily, no need to rush and release all these updates at the same time. SWTOR was just 4 months into the game and it already had a new Warzone - and while that is good, we don't want them to quickly run out of ideas and updates.

I believe that Huttball is one of the game's features that have a lot of potential, and I hope BW will continually develop this for a better SWTOR. :D :D

• 3 weeks later...
/signed for the idea of various maps for Huttball. I love that idea, and it should in no way be difficult to actually implement. The only hard part about that would be actually designing good maps.

Actually I have some thoughts about how it gonna be. Even some drawings.... But, as I said, I can't draw at all. So these sketches just awful =)

Coll story bro:rolleyes:

;)

Edited by robozvir

Sounds really nice to me.

one thing though I'd like to have at least one map with a ball vs the anvil we are actually carrying...

Also make it so you can only pass the ball to a player on the side or behind you as in Rugby.

And for force users do not allow force jump while carrying the ball, it unbalance the game.

Finally when a player gets the ball make sure to popup a huge pass ball button in the center bottom or the screen.

Edited by Deewe