The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

reverse engineering cascade

shwnicus

Hello all,

I'm sure I'm missing it, but with 1.2 and all its changes, I still don't have a grasp on where RE ends in a general crafting sense. Say I'm synthweaving a chest piece of armor and I really like the look. So I make a bunch of green level pieces and RE them until I learn the schematic for a blue version. Great. Then I make a bunch of blue ones and RE until I learn the purple. In the past, that was pretty much as far as you could go (as far as I know). I tried to RE the purple grade pieces in the past and never learned another schematic.

With 1.2, can the purple grade (whatever its called now) RE to a custom schematic (orange) now?

poop. oh well.

disappointing, but oh well. so far, at least on my server, the only orange schematics post-1.2 on GTN are level 50. there used to be greater disparity, don't know why it changed. The only other way is to get REALLY lucky with a mission crew skill. I've yet to get a schematic I can use.

purple to purple.... that reminds me: I've seen "prototype" purple armors on GTN that are fully moddable, not just half-way like before, but didn't notice if it had been crafted. Anyone know if schematics exist for those, or are those still just drops?

thanks

purple to purple.... that reminds me: I've seen "prototype" purple armors on GTN that are fully moddable, not just half-way like before, but didn't notice if it had been crafted. Anyone know if schematics exist for those, or are those still just drops?

thanks

Drops.