The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Plasma Cell + Sweltering Heat = Bugged?

Philosomanic

Someone else brought Plasma Cell's first bug to my attention on this forum. It's only ticking twice when it should be ticking three times. I tested it, found that to be true for me, and submitted a bug report. I got a reply letting me know that the dev team is aware of the issue, and working on a fix, which is exactly what I want to hear (other than "we fixed it! patch tomorrow" :p). However, I've also noticed a second bug.

The description for the T2 Assault talent Sweltering Heat says:

"Plasma Cell has a [50 / 100]% chance when it applies its effects to reduce the movement speed of the target by 50% for 2 seconds."

I can see this being interpreted two ways:

1) Each time the DoT is applied, the target is hit with a two second slow. This means that spamming Ion Pulse would be the only reliable way to keep the slow up at all times.

2) Each time the DoT deals damage, the target is hit with a two second slow. This would make the slow really easy to maintain, which would be great.

However, it is not reliably triggering the slow for me in combat. When Plasma Cell triggers on a target, I see the 50% slow, even though the DoT hasn't done damage yet (thanks to the first bug). However, when the first tick hits, the slow is reapplied for another two seconds. After that second slow, further slows fail to apply. Even the final tick of Plasma Cell doesn't appear to proc the slow. I've tried:

• Reapplying Plasma Cell with IP after it expires.
  • Reapplying Plasma Cell with IP before it expires.
  • Reapplying Plasma cell with Hammer Shot after it expires.

So far, none of those have caused the slow to reliably proc more than once on a target. In general, it seems that the target is slowed for 4s after the first application of Plasma Cell, and then never receive the slow again. However, I swear I've seen the slow at some point after the first application, but I've been unable to duplicate it.

Let's help the devs out by doing some testing to figure out how/when this slow is applying, and when it isn't. They'll be able to fix it much faster if we can tell them exactly what causes the slow to proc and what doesn't. Post any experiences you've had with the slow from Sweltering Heat, and let's see if we can figure out when the problem occurs. More information is better than less.

Edited by Philosomanic

• 2 months later...