Anyone Noticing Very Low Hits with TM and Heatseaker after 1.2c

I'm not sure whats going on, but I seem to be having an intermittent problem with these abilities hitting extremely low? I read that they didn't cause a problem when fixing a heatseaker bug, but something seems off to me. I have 80 Valor, so I have played the mercenary quite a bit and something seems off now? I have had multiple other people on the server saying the same thing?

nope Heatsinker is working as intended according to the devs, what nobody realized however was HS did so little damage to begin with those gigantic numbers you were seeing were because of some "Unwanted interaction with other skills."

I think something is off personally. I may make a video. I tested TM and Heatseaker on a friend and this is what I got. Both of us have 1300 expertise and the same stats.

TM 880

TIM 880

TM 850

Heatseaker 1054

Second and third round

TMs were about the same in the 800s

Heatseaker crit 2400-2800

. The largest crit I was able to hit him for was 3200 HM, with the TM debuff. I hit new 50s now up to 4200ish if the stars align. Before 1.2c I was able to crit up to 4.5k-5k on descently geared players, but this was rare and fully debuffed. I did hit a crit of 5600 one time though on a newb. I'm not biochem, but I"m probably one of the best geared on my server atm.

Edited by MrSIlverSurfing

nope Heatsinker is working as intended according to the devs, what nobody realized however was HS did so little damage to begin with those gigantic numbers you were seeing were because of some "Unwanted interaction with other skills."

If that's the case it makes sense that they were looking at DPS figures not taking this change into consideration. I hope they look into this and don't put it off. It's so easy for a programmer to say its working as intended to get a, tough to troubleshoot, problem off of their desk.

I'm not sure whats going on, but I seem to be having an intermittent problem with these abilities hitting extremely low? I read that they didn't cause a problem when fixing a heatseaker bug, but something seems off to me. I have 80 Valor, so I have played the mercenary quite a bit and something seems off now? I have had multiple other people on the server saying the same thing?

Yep, full BM valor 62 Merc,

My TM is doing crap dmg, my Heatseeker is doing crap dmg and for some strange reason Rail Shot is almost useless, what on earth is going on is beyond me,

So today I gave up with Arsenal and did a re-spec to Pyro, the diff is simply stunning, all my skills are doing really nice dmg, and Rail Shot is hitting very hard, plus Power Shot is also very good.

Considering that I am now having to learn from scratch a new build (i had been Arsenal for a very long time) Pyro is making Arsenal look like a complete joke, something is badly broken.

Anyway, I plan on staying Pyro from now onwards.

:)

Edited by Tsaritsin

That is interesting, I was pyro until last week and I just love arsenal.

But maybe thats because the big numbers are new to me.

Yep me 2, I love Arsenal, been Arsenal spec since my very first talent spec, I have PvP'ed all the way to valor 62 with Arsenal and loved it all the way, I listened to all the comments about how boring it was to play, but enjoyed it.

But atm it "feels" broken, and you have to bear in mind that in PvP it's mostly based on feel, you aint got time to start watching numbers, you need a target dummy for stuff like that,

I think something is just broken, when they made some changes they broke it, and will probably un-break it at some point.

Anyway, I am getting my kicks from Pyro now, not gonna wait around for Bioware to sort things out.

Sent are still ROFLstomping me, but I kinda got used to it now, it's like a pain barrier that you have to go through, sooner or later you will come out the other side, and the sun will shine.

:)

yup correct the intention of 1.2 was to make people use more skills then just mindless TM ... so nerf a bit TM up a bit HM...

There was a bug in the upping of HM so they rectified it but its like you said, HM is doing less now then pre-1.2. Its even doing less non-crit dmg then the tooltip indicates and this considering we got such high armor penetration where it was supposed to do 10% more dmg then before patch.... . Something is probably broken. Lets wait and have faith for the devs to find what is wrong.

All our mercs have respecced to pyro for raiding ... doesn't that feel/sound/ring-a-bell wrong ?

I hope they make it quick. I'm actually embarrassed and feel sorry for the pvp team I usually roll with. We have a new tank Assassin in the guild, so I'm going to sit out and let him take my place so they do better in WZs. I unsubbed a few weeks back. I hope they fix something before my sub runs out so I can test it to see if its worth hanging around. Kinda depressing actually.

Okay..

So my "main" is a R72 arsenal merc and i've pretty much left it in the dust lately.

Not played on it alot post 1.2 and even less after the debuff "fix".

I still have the 150 kills/crates weekly, and it's a harsh world out there now...

IF my Heatseeker crits and the target isn't shielded/guarded it can crit for 4-6k somewhere but TM damage is pathetic right now.

It's just horrible to play now, most classes can chew up a merc with ease even poorly geared people.

From being somewhat decent and being able to dish out some damage before getting chain interrupted + sliced and diced everything just went down the road.

They wanted to diversify the arsenal playstyle.. ok they gave us NO new options from what we already did.

TMx3, Heatseeker, Rail Shot, Unload + DFA (which also is a joke now), that's the normal... which surprise surprise.. it still is just with lower damage and a 15sec cooldown wildcard that might hit like a wet noodle or crit for 4-6k depending on gear on you/target.

I agree with the "fix" to the stacking debuffs from multiple arsenal mercs, but everything else is a turnoff as we speak.

No mobility, easily countered by interrupts and really no place on a rated wz team when that time comes in it's current state.

I'm just happy that I started an alt a few weeks before 1.2, even wish I rolled it at early access instead of the mess mercs are now.

But it is sad to just park my precious merc after the time since early access :(

Would be logical that at close to 19k hp, 11xx expertise and fully augmented armor + 2x augmented blasters and close to 77% surge, a character wouldn't just feel useless like my merc does now.

Atleast i'm not rolling the poster child of EA/BW Sorc or the new FoTM maurauder.