The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Regarding server queues

StephenReid

Or simply allow guild/char transfers between servers. Just upping the cap would probably result in problems of another nature, as in too many characters lagging up the game or something. I dunno, but it feels like there's a reason for server pop caps.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear BioWare, as a customer I find it my obligation to offer you some feedback about that mine game called "Server Queue".

1. It's not very entertaining. Seriously. All I can do is watch the bar in the hopes of it dropping value. Need more options because it doesn't feel epic!!!
  2. I get no kind of rewards for it. If I'm to spend so much time in it, I'd expect some reward. "Space Combat" does it so why not "Server Queue"?
  3. Cannot it be made optional? "Space Combat" is, this is not. I'd rather player other parts of he game if you ask me.

That's all. :)

Great game once you ignore "Server Queue". :D

After playing this new server queue mini game for over 14hrs + over 4 days and i'm still 1105 for Bloodyworth as i type this

I have to argee :D

Queues aren't the problem. The problem is the lack of grace period when getting disconnected. After waiting a few hours to connect, disconnecting after a few minutes and having to wait hours AGAIN is not a nice thing.

Especially if you are the tank for a Flashpoint group. :(

To be honest, this pissed me of in beta and pissing me of now...I dont have time to play all day long even more i dont have time to wait in line. I payed great deal of money so i expect that i can and will enjoy the game every time i click play.

I hope youd dont expect that people will pay for this kind of service for long.

Forbid new people to create characters on full servers if they dont have any friends on them.

Increase server capacity.Alow transfer for everyone to new servers.

For now, you are really bad service provider.

Deal with it yesturday!

At the moment I understand that it is still 'pre-release' and you will be gathering data, turning more servers on, increasing the capacity and hopefully stopping any new accounts from creating characters on the full servers - people might not be able to play with their friends but at least the people that are playing the game will be able to carry on playing the game. However when I get home from work on the 20th and log on I do not expect to be put into a queue more than 5-10 minutes. If I am then I'll just go and do something else. Yes, it means I've lost £30 in buying the game but I'm not losing hours of my life waiting to be able to play something I have paid for.

If you are charging people for a service then make sure you are delivering the service. Warhammer, as I'm sure you are aware, had a dire launch which ultimately caused the game to flop. The strength of the Star Wars and Bioware brand is not enough to keep the game afloat if people can't actually play the game.

You've done a good job in making the game, now don't mess it up by preventing people from playing it!

The following is a brief statement from Jeff Hickman, Executive Producer, Live Services:

" Balancing this with figuring out when to bring new servers online to help alleviate the size of the queues is part art and part science.

While we can’t promise that there won’t ever be queues, we can promise you that we are taking this matter seriously and constantly reviewing them to make sure that they are manageable and reasonable."

Are you freaking joking? Seriously? How can you even say this?

You should be ashamed

*********** ridiculous game , Here's my sunday :

12:25 queueing place 900~

13:45 DC

13:46 Queing place 1450

18:30 I'm in!

19:10 When clicking "join warfront" button client crashes

19:15 Queue 1600

They better fix this kind of **** , i spend my hole afternoon for this ridiculous queue.

You better think twice before you afford this game with *****ervice!

And yeah damn right I'm spreading this message !

Big grats on an awesome game Bioware, the long waiting times to get in are a testament to how good the game is however, I absolutely will not be subscribing while the login queues stay as they are.

Whatever you need to do to put this right please go off and do it, I logged in earlier today as I knew what the waiting times have been like - I started off at around 1500 position at 15:00...over 3 hours later I am still at position 500.

The group I have been playing with are now considering quitting altogether as we can't plan our lives around waiting to get into the game.

Not acceptable.

Edited by Sarmoria

been in que on Red Eclipse now for 2 hours and still 462ppl infront of me :( unacceptable..

and the game is not even live yet, imagine the ques on launch day.. hope they make it impossible for new ppl to make toons on servers that are very populated.

Server queue is just way too long,.. Any crashes 45min to 1H is average you have to wait for them to be back,. nice during a ops,.. or Planed Events, 15min befor a event/ops our guildies have to be logged in and ready,.. so now they have to start loggin on 2h in advanced just to be on time :S Not to forget this game is paid per hour if we logged in or not,. so queues for over 15min arnt acceptable (during early access/Release its normal the long waits but 30min should be max) Edited by smokebuds

yeah wating 3-4 hours on bloodworthy/your now in a que 1700, estimated time 1.50 hour is bullS... you calling that taking it to conscideration, dude, and if you finaly get in the game you might get a short Dc for 1sec and you have to wate 2-3 hours more. heeeyooo

now im not sure if you can just change server if you can great if not, well i dont think you will be needing your servers anymore

next time il just put my alarm clock on 2-3 hours erly so i can wake up, logg in to the game and go to sleep..

dudes the guild leader just got Dc lets take a short break so come back in 3 hours

just do what blizzard do give a free pokemon pet when the servers are to high, and they all will change servers(make sure it have a cool achievment.

hope to see it fixed 20/12

Big grats on an awesome game Bioware, the long waiting times to get in are a testament to how good the game is however, I absolutely will not be subscribing while the login queues stay as they are.

Whatever you need to do to put this right please go off and do it, I logged in earlier today as I knew what the waiting times have been like - I started off at around 1500 position at 15:00...over 3 hours later I am still at position 500.

The group I have been playing with are now considering quitting altogether as we can't plan our lives around waiting to get into the game.

Not acceptable.

I totally agree with this, i started at 16:17 its now 19:27 and 180 in front of me.

at launch if this still is part of the game, i wil not subscribe :mad: