Regarding server queues

StephenReid

So far excuses with no real solution and 12/20 has still not arrived. So far what impresses me most about Bioware with this little application is there attention to detail. Users are not asking for excuses more along the lines of a proper solution. If you can't fix the queues work on server transfers.

-Tordo

AMEN!

Server Transfers for entire guilds as well!

Just tell us SOMETHING other than ... "we know there is a problem". YA THINK? we are the ones telling you

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the trick to playing SWTOR, If you get tired and go to bed so you can get up and play early, just put a mirror under your lazer mouse tilt the edge of the mouse up with a lighter or something small so you don't log out just to try and log into this monstrosity called the EA QUE!!!!

It should be like all other online games, where you just choose another server. If in a guild then you can group before hand then transfer into any server if theres space.

Alternatively, it should be like SWG where you have an amount of peeps per server, then once full others will have to use another server. simples.

this timeout is a real pain, and glad of the weeks trial run before i physically buy the game.

Good job i can cancel if the game is not ready,

Sorry to say this but this is not acceptable. You had no issues asking people to preorder the game and using the pre-launch play as a major selling point, we who then pre-ordered should have no issues actually playing pre launch. I understand things arent optimal at launch of any major mmorpg but still a 2 hour queu is not acceptable. I for one already regret my preorder.

I can't get over how completely this whole process is such a huge failure. Isn't this why the game has multiple instances per server? Last night there were only two Korribans up and running. Can't you scale this up QUICKLY?

As far as I'm concerned, with a launch this big, there should never have been any more than about a 5 minute wait for any server, period.

Seriously, Bioware, call a staff meeting, declare an emergency and fix this now. You will not have a game if the community doesn't feel like you recognize that this is shaping up to be the worst MMO launch in history....

....Which is ironic because it seems to be one of the smoothest game client launches in MMO history. All that hard work making a smooth game is great, but if I can't play when I have the available time, I simply won't.

I enjoy this game, I want to play it, I want to encourage others to play it, but I simply will not if I can't ever get it!

You guys put my guild on this server.... and now we have 1+ hour que to get on

Its not like we can just move the entire guild, and we have a lot more people comming in at normal launch...

Seems wierd to me you would fill the servers THIS fast, when you had some control over where to put guilds already formed pre-launch...

I hope you DO resolve the issue fast though...

Spent 1½ hour to get online.... then had to feed my 3 month old son, took awhile so was Disconnected...and now im halfways through another 1½ hour que..

Simply put... No threats intended... if its not resolved i cant play the game...

I cant stay online continuasly to avoid getting DC...and in between feeding, tugging, caring for... when i can play, im in a que..

Can anyone responsible give an answer? What was the reason about guild deployment?

Deploy the guilds to servers, limit their access by lowering the entry pipeline, guildies stop playing with their guild because of 2+ hours queues?

That's what the current guild deployment phase is!

Not happy about this. I want to play and I like the game, but with a 2 hour wait, I hardly ever have a chance to get into my guild's server to play, except in the morning.

Hope things improve. So far the launch has been bad. The "artificial" pop cap effects have been worse than any problems a wild free-for-all would have caused. As far as I am concerned the servers have been "down" to me for 2 hours every time I want to play. The fact that this is a deliberate decision makes no difference to me. They might just as well be crashed.

Then make more instances of the same server. Rather than 2 make 4 or 5. Then when things settle down just remove 2 or 3 of the instances. That solution seems like a no brainer to me. Or make the number of instances dynamically change based on server load. And if you employ that solution then feel free to send a job offer and pay bonus my way.

Great idea. Still waiting for some info specifically about how you plan on managing this Bioware - you've placed our guild of 40+ people onto a server that we're unable to play on. Seems a little silly don't you think?

Also please respond to the comments about people who've queued for hours, end up getting disconnected due to no fault of their own, then have to queue again. This is a legitimate problem that paying customers would like a solution to.

i understand u want to stream things but if we are forced to que for 3 hours a day to log in then its that really fair on us ?

at least with wow que times have always been minimal ; usually no longer than twenty mins at the worst ive seen in over 5 years of playing.

Starwars was and is due to be a huge popular game im a little suprised at the this server issue so close to the pre launch ? And that all we are being told is "We are lookign into it " Guess there is no point trying to log on to the servers on launch day ; and so much for the early acess bonus. I got mine loed on fine , went back to log on and boom 3hrs in que :(

Edited by Peter_Storm

Sorry to say this but this is not acceptable. You had no issues asking people to preorder the game and using the pre-launch play as a major selling point, we who then pre-ordered should have no issues actually playing pre launch. I understand things arent optimal at launch of any major mmorpg but still a 2 hour queu is not acceptable. I for one already regret my preorder.

Need to relax bro, guess you never played MMOs at launch.

The game isn't out, give them a little time to make sure everything goes smooth.

I'd rather sit in a queue then have servers crash, plus its not that big of a deal to wait a little bit, go clean your house, walk the dog, take a shower, watch a movie, or something else while you wait. :p

Edited by Voison