Black Hole Comm Priority Spend List

Daystarr

Hey guys,

Looking for some halp. I am a fully Rakata geared Marauder, I switch between both Annihilation and Carnage during raids for teh lolz, and I want some help about what I should start spending my Black Hole Comms on? I'm totally stuck. The Implants look freaking awesome, loss of crit is made up for in a slight boost to surge, and shedloads of power. I have modified belt and bracers, so I can strike those from my list of upgrades for the moment. So you guys know, here are my stats atm selfbuffed (both might and power with rakata str stim):

Power: 476

Accuracy: 100.67%

Crit: 28.30%

Surge: 76.19%

What have you guys bought with your Black Hole comms?

The boots are simply amazing. Your crit seems a bit high. Your power seems low. Buy boots and reslot some crit into Power.

Your absolute first priority should be 2x Power/Surge Implants and 1x Power/Accuracy Earpiece though. Those are just such amazing upgrades from Rakata or even augmented biochem implants.

Edited by Tumri

The boots are simply amazing. Your crit seems a bit high. Your power seems low. Buy boots and reslot some crit into Power.

Your absolute first priority should be 2x Power/Surge Implants and 1x Power/Accuracy Earpiece though. Those are just such amazing upgrades from Rakata or even augmented biochem implants.

I ended up buying the implants first, so as you said Earpiece is next then we'll see what happens afterwards! Thanks

I'm personally going boots ->ear piece -> implants -> boots x 4.

and then if I can spare it get the hood rip mods out and use it for the graphic.

Boots x 4? That's alot of wasted armorings to start off then, considering armorings can only go into the gear type it was ripped from. I suggest getting all of your armor slots first, then start picking up the boots.

Boots x 4? That's alot of wasted armorings to start off then, considering armorings can only go into the gear type it was ripped from. I suggest getting all of your armor slots first, then start picking up the boots.

I'd dare say he is running HM EC or is about to as i'll be doing the same to rip out the power/surge mods in the boots to replace the garbage that is the campaign gear.

Edited by Drakkisith

You gonna waste your comms on the armoring in the chest piece? I don't like endurance as a dps class, the 140 armorings have more strength.

Item Modifications

Armoring (61)

+57 Strength

+60 Endurance

Mod (61)

+41 Strength

+53 Endurance

+32 Critical Rating

Enhancement (61)

+45 Endurance

+22 Critical Rating

+57 Surge Rating

This is the chest. From what I have, the armor is 9 endurance more, 4 str less. The mod is 20str less, 11 power less for 32 crit and some end. The enh is 34 power less for 22 crit and 9 surge. The pants, gloves and helm are pretty much the same, lose str and power for crit and endurance.

If you have the base rakata stuff, sure maybe its an upgrade. But if you have rakata with the 140 dropped mods or got the helm a few times before the patch + the agent gear spent about 35k per slot then the vendor for comms is basically just empty orange gear.

Hey guys,

Looking for some halp. I am a fully Rakata geared Marauder, I switch between both Annihilation and Carnage during raids for teh lolz, and I want some help about what I should start spending my Black Hole Comms on? I'm totally stuck. The Implants look freaking awesome, loss of crit is made up for in a slight boost to surge, and shedloads of power. I have modified belt and bracers, so I can strike those from my list of upgrades for the moment. So you guys know, here are my stats atm selfbuffed (both might and power with rakata str stim):

Power: 476

Accuracy: 100.67%

Crit: 28.30%

Surge: 76.19%

What have you guys bought with your Black Hole comms?

The ear pieces and implants are the biggest power boosts that you're going to get over Rakata (or even Expert Overkill Nano Might Implants with augment slots). I'm a power whore, so a lot of my gear doesn't have its original mods. If you really want you DPS up then stack power, you lose out on some crit, but with berserk for Anni all your bleeds crit, and for some reason Annihilate seems to crit a lot for me.

The only problem with stacking power is that, when I'm fully buffed my combined DPS is 1308, which is the highest in my guild by far. However, on HM EC, I pull aggro from the tanks a LOT. So you'll have to manage your DPS a little bit in boss fights so you aren't pulling aggro all the time. But the only thing I've bought so far are the ear pieces and implants. I believe the boots (or pants can't remember) also give you a power boost, so I plan on buying those and only those until I get campaign gear so I can rip the power mods/enhancements out and puttem in the gear that's more Crit/Surge friendly.

Also if you are planning on stripping the mods/armoring anyway there is no reason not to buy the Pummeler armor pieces. The head and chest in particular look better options than the Foestopper pieces. Depending on your other mods/enhancements ofc.

The ear pieces and implants are the biggest power boosts that you're going to get over Rakata (or even Expert Overkill Nano Might Implants with augment slots). I'm a power whore, so a lot of my gear doesn't have its original mods. If you really want you DPS up then stack power, you lose out on some crit, but with berserk for Anni all your bleeds crit, and for some reason Annihilate seems to crit a lot for me.

The only problem with stacking power is that, when I'm fully buffed my combined DPS is 1308, which is the highest in my guild by far. However, on HM EC, I pull aggro from the tanks a LOT. So you'll have to manage your DPS a little bit in boss fights so you aren't pulling aggro all the time. But the only thing I've bought so far are the ear pieces and implants. I believe the boots (or pants can't remember) also give you a power boost, so I plan on buying those and only those until I get campaign gear so I can rip the power mods/enhancements out and puttem in the gear that's more Crit/Surge friendly.

Nice, I posted on another thread with my findings of all 3 trees against a dummy, and thought it would be interesting enough to share here, check it out:

http://i.imgur.com/IfvtY.jpg

Spec: Annihilation; clicky

Time length: 505.35seconds (8:42 mins)

Dmg Done: 725k

DPS: 1435.7

Target: Operation Training Dummy

A second test, without using Scream in my rotation and more Vicious Slash usage proved I did more DPS

http://i.imgur.com/GoBu2.jpg test 2

Did a Carnage test, this was the spec. Image below on my dps:

http://i.imgur.com/QafCj.jpg

Did a Rage test, this was the spec. Image below on my dps:

http://i.imgur.com/jKSex.jpg

Annihilation is pulling ahead according to my numbers. However, to keep to the original post I ended up buy the implant with power/surge :p Gonna get the other one as soon as I can then focus on buying the boots for the mods/enhancements as mentioned earlier in the thread. Thanks again guys.

Edited by Daystarr