The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

PVP powertech tank build? 1.2

vincent-

Alright sense all of my points were refunded I honestly can't remember were I put some specifically and well I use to be a lockdown tank don't know if that's good but would be helpful if someone could show or point me in the right direction for a good tank build for PvP fights?

It's broke. There's been an undocumented 18% mitigation nerf. Additionally, Ion Cell does 78% less damage than it's supposed to. The NORSE build should give you what you want but DFT is fux'd. Right now the PvP tank specs are pretty much dead.

I agree to that, was pvp tank as well. The NORSE build is better, it is either that or go full dps pvp with Pyrotech. But if it is lockdown you look for take The AP:NORSE build since it emphasizes on snares/roots etc. Someone else posted a topic about it today, or check out Taugrim's posts.

I agree to that, was pvp tank as well. The NORSE build is better, it is either that or go full dps pvp with Pyrotech. But if it is lockdown you look for take The AP:NORSE build since it emphasizes on snares/roots etc. Someone else posted a topic about it today, or check out Taugrim's posts.

Uh it uses the PFT snare, it doesn't use the RB snare.

I'll throw in my 2 cents. If you like some of if the features of AP, consider the Maverick spec (there's a post inn this forum) . However if you are dead set on tanking and don't like the new and improved ST, there is a spec floating around somewhere that is AP with IGC

What is the NORSE build? I am a Powertech, with alot of PVP time. I love tanking but like most tanks I have the eliminator set instead of the tanking gear in order to compete. I have the war hero gun, head, chest, and feet all eliminator. I have messed with building the tank side to charge, and AP build to retractable blade and 2 in rocket punch on pyro side. I have done the pyro build, but you can't charge, or shield with this build, which I don't want to give up. I most of the time end up with the 31/8/2 build, what I read about the retractable blade in 1.2 I may go back to building tank to charge, and retractable blade, punch.

Expertise is important but the difference when you get over 1000 has little change from what I can tell, has anyone crunched the number for the perfect stats for power techs since 1.2 came out.