The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Do you know when you are Marked?

Wintervoid

The best way to tell if you are marked is to whisper or talk on vent with people on the opposing team. Of course this activity also increases the likelihood of you being marked. In general, people tend to think they are marked more often than they actually get marked. If the match isn't a stomp and you're healing, you probably will be marked. If your server pop is insanely small (so that you can list every single BM healer in 5 lines of the chat window) and you are a BM healer, you're probably marked. Otherwise, you probably aren't.

I actually know I'm marked because people I'm friend with who are in the opposing team tell me so from time to time

But I guess there is no other way to tell other than being suspicious when the opponents focus you often

The focus fire is the clue for me. There are some players whose names I recognize - I know that they will be on me a lot, whether I'm marked or not. But when I start getting a bunch of random strangers piling on me as soon as I poke my head out...It becomes obvious that I'm marked. Sometimes the clue is also something I see in /say, like "oooo shiny star" or even "DIE, GIGGLES" (of course, that was before they took my giggle away).

I took ~500k damage once in a WZ. I think that's my record for dmg taken.

When they start coming after you long before you come close to the battle, yes, you are marked. Not sure if you have ever seen the mark used. It let's them see the mark as far as line of sight allows it. If you are far away, it increases in size.

As a healer, just assume you will be marked after the first time you heal, and it will stay with you all match!

They really need to remove them upon death...

My Merc healer would get marked a lot, people would come around corners and pylons to kill me.

Then I put on some juggernaut gear with my Aim mods. Now I do not get marked and focused so much, apparently I am just a lazy sith warrior :)