Seeking help with bottom of Carnage tree

Fozziwig

Dear People Who Have Been Playing Marauder Longer Than Me,

Thanks in advance for your advice. I'm leveling, currently 16, and I want to play Carnage because I like the playstyle. I'd appreciate some guidance on how to spend points on the bottom two levels of the tree (tiers?), and I'm looking specifically at PvP. I don't PvE much.

Tier 1:

Dual Wield Mastery: Seems essential...is it?

Defensive Forms: I picked it because it seemed good...is it?

Cloak of Carnage: Rage doesn't seem to be a problem...or am I missing something?

Tier 2:

Narrowed Hatred: I don't see anyone speccing into Accuracy...or am I missing something?

Defensive Roll: I picked it because in PvP the AOE spam can be rough..but is it worth it?

Stagger: How good is this in PvP?

Thanks again!

-Fozziwig

Edited by Fozziwig

Tier 1:

Dual Wield Mastery: Seems essential...is it? yes

Defensive Forms: I picked it because it seemed good...is it? yes

Cloak of Carnage: Rage doesn't seem to be a problem...or am I missing something? 1/2, passive rage generation is awesome, but the 2nd point isnt worth as much as the first, just do 1

Tier 2:

Narrowed Hatred: I don't see anyone speccing into Accuracy...or am I missing something? specing into accuracy lets you mod more of it out of your gear, which isnt an issue while leveling, but at 50 it makes a huge difference

Defensive Roll: I picked it because in PvP the AOE spam can be rough..but is it worth it? yes

Stagger: How good is this in PvP? garbage

Thanks again!

-Fozziwig

youre welcome

Some slight differences.

Defensive Forms and Dual Wield Mastery are 100% MUST HAVE Talents. EVERY Marauder, bar NONE, has them filled. For Cloak Of Carnage, I roll 2/2 myself. I prefer to be assured that it will ALWAYS generate that rage. Defensive Roll is a must, for the reasons you stated. Stagger sucks, so leave that be. I personally put 2/3 in Narrowed Hatred because 50-60 accuracy is only about .5-.7 percent worth. I'm in stock BM atm, and sitting at 106% accuracy. So i'll be able to mod the vast majority of the acc out. The difference is that anyone who takes all 3 points there will be able to mod almost ALL of it out. Really, only time will tell, but I think that 2% will be sufficient.