Definitely one BIG problem with the event

Calsetes

... A bunch of Imperials come out of nowhere.

... Along comes a flagged for PvP guy.

... I don't have enough time to use a vaccine before he explodes, flagging me for PvP, and the Imperials all start to attack me.

I'm going to call BS on this. Why didn't they kill the flagged 'pub? Why wait for him to die instead of killing him themselves?

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear ME3 has co-op multiplayer and is made by Bioware, you could almost pretend its star wars based on the similarities between names in SW:TOR and the ME universe.

why can't PVE'ers stick to single player games with optional multiplayer rather than coming into MMORPG's and crying because its not single player enough for them?

I hear Call of Duty has a 100% pvp version where people who like PVP can play all they want. Why don't PvP'ers stick to those games.

Incorrect. I'm pointing out that I'm playing the environment of the game (PvE), usually cooperatively with my wife, with ZERO interest in playing against other players (PvP), and I don't want some kid to force me into PvP. This isn't rocket science.

what about mob respawns? do you have ragequit when you get ganked by NPC's?

PVP players can't come into your house and kill you whilst you sleep, i dont understand why people have this fear of PVP and roll on PVE servers to get ganked by elites and respawn NPC's?

wheres the QQ threads about an elite wiping them out whilst they regenerated? its no different than the OPs situation

Edited by Notannos
rude quote

Incorrect. I'm pointing out that I'm playing the environment of the game (PvE), usually cooperatively with my wife, with ZERO interest in playing against other players (PvP), and I don't want some jackwagon kid to force me into PvP, thus wasting my time and subtracting from my enjoyment of the game, likely because he's too pathetic to compete against real PvP players on servers dedicated to it. This isn't rocket science.

Look at the replies so far.

I guess it really is rocket science. Or at the least theoretical physics.

So let me state again, it would appear the 'PVP' is tagging peoples mobbs, and ganking them, on a PVE server.

That's that PVP is now right?

Edited by JediElf

I would have a problem on a PvE server if they could continually turn your PvP flag on (with out remedy) but once as a surprise in a server event is not griefing. It's only griefing if it's repeated like camping the other teams base in novare coast so you can repeatedly kill them.

You care bears need to grow up and live in the real world.

So let me get this straight. Rather than roll on a PVP server, where folks who want to PVP and probably know how can stomp you into the sand you'd rather just force people who don't want to PVP into being jumped gangsa griefing because that rings your bell more than actual level field combat and if anyone complains about being griefed, THEY are the winer? Kids these days....

That's part of the PvE experience and expected.

PVP players can't come into your house and kill you whilst you sleep, i dont understand why people have this fear of PVP and roll on PVE servers to get ganked by elites and respawn NPC's?

Because I don't want PvP. Thought I'd made that clear.

wheres the QQ threads about an elite wiping them out whilst they regenerated? its no different than the OPs situation
Again,

I DON'T WANT PVP.

I DON'T WANT PVP.

I DON'T WANT PVP.

I DON'T WANT PVP.

I DON'T WANT PVP.

Leave it for those who do, and leave those of us who don't out of it.

Are we clear?

Edited by GreySix

I hear ME3 has co-op multiplayer and is made by Bioware, you could almost pretend its star wars based on the similarities between names in SW:TOR and the ME universe.

why can't PVE'ers stick to single player games with optional multiplayer rather than coming into MMORPG's and crying because its not single player enough for them?

I hear SWTOR has separate servers dedicated entirely to PVP. You don't need to pretend it is Star Wars, because it is Star Wars.

Why can't PVP'ers stick to PVP servers and PVP games rather than coming into PVE servers and crying because there's not enough PVP for them?

Edited by amantheil

That's part of the PvE experience and expected.

Because I don't want PvP. Thought I'd made that clear.

Again,

I DON'T WANT PVP.

I DON'T WANT PVP.

I DON'T WANT PVP.

I DON'T WANT PVP.

I DON'T WANT PVP.

Leave it for those who do, and leave those of us who don't out of it.

Are we clear?

ok calm down kiddo, no need to have a tantrum

care to explain why? how do you perceive the difference? have you ever played on a PVP server?

do you fear you lack the skill for PVP and would rather hack away at basic NPC mechanics?

I hear SWTOR has separate servers dedicated entirely to PVP. You don't need to pretend it is Star Wars, because it is Star Wars.

Why can't PVP'ers stick to PVP servers and PVP games rather than coming into PVE servers and crying because there's not enough PVP for them?

thats not whats happening here.

care to explain why? how do you perceive the difference? have you ever played on a PVP server?

do you fear you lack the skill for PVP and would rather hack away at basic NPC mechanics?

You really don't get it, do you?

There's a reason I put it in all caps - because you apparently can't read. Understand this: I do not desire to engage in PvP play. Why? Because I don't find it enjoyable.

Do you like to skydive, ride motorcycles, or conduct 25-mile ruck marches? If not, my bet will be that you don't do so, because you don't find those activities enjoyable.

So, if that's the case, should I be allowed to force you to skydive, ride a motorcycle, or conduct a 25-mile ruck march?

I'll let you answer that question yourself.

Edited by GreySix

PVE servers are for Player Versus Environment, with the option to PVP at ones own discretion.

I don't think that anyone can make that sound any clearer than that.

If you guys want to PVP then go to a PVP server, where it is a welcome environment to pit a Player Versus another Player.

Why is this so hard for some of you to comprehend?! Why this ignorant need to gank unaware players, on a server that is not intended for ganking?

You guys to have to realize you do not paint PVP in a very good light here. Right?

Don't confuse your brain there big guy. No one is "afraid" of PvP. Tapping keys is tapping keys. PvP does not progress the story that PvE are trying to play through.

Go out and buy the book MMOG Playing for Dummies. It may assist you since you are having serious comprehension problems.

And I always thought the big bad PvP griefing crowd always crow about how harder it is to fight against other players than it is NPC's but now you are trying to justify griefing by taking a reverse logic approach. lol

Keep trying...but trolling is not really your strong suit.

Neither he nor anyone else owes you an explanation about why they don't like to PvP.

Bioware created separate PvP and PvE servers. PvE servers were created specifically so people could chose when they do or do not PVP. On A PVE server, you should only get flagged based on something YOU do. On a PVE server, there should be no way for someone else to flag you for PVP against your wishes. There are plenty of PVP servers out there for people who enjoy open PVP and don't mind being griefed.

If the whole idea of a PVE MMO offends you so much, you're welcome to head over to the Suggestions forum and suggest that Bioware gets rid of them. But until then, Bioware created separate PVE servers, and on a PVE server nothing another person does should flag you for PVP. Period.

I don't get it why are you guys still arguing.

No one should be able to tag someone for PvP without his consent in a PvE server.

Bioware will fix it and the PvP e-peen waving crowd will still be able to think they are tough on their PvP servers.

You really don't get it, do you?

There's a reason I put it in all caps - because you apparently can't read. Understand this: I do not desire to engage in PvP play. Why? Because I don't find it enjoyable.

Do you like to skydive, ride motorcycles, or conduct 25-mile ruck marches? If not, my bet will be that you don't do so, because you don't find it enjoyable. So, if that's the case, should I be allowd to force you to skydive, ride a motorcycle, or conduct a 25-mile ruck march? I'll let you answer that question yourself.

that still doesn't make any sense, you're still interacting with an avatar, the only difference is theres a human controlling it or a set script of instructions.

you don't have to talk the people you're fighting. just kill them and walk away, exactly like you do with NPC's

So explain why you like PVP first? I like chocolate you like vanilla, I don't have to justify my likes to you or you to me. But don't expect those who like chocolate to be happy why you try to force vanilla on them. There, that makes just about as much sense as your question. :)

I'm a huge fan of PVP mmo's. However, I play on a pve server on SWTOR. It isn't a pvp mmo and it isn't designed entirely for pvp. I prefer games like EvE, Darkfall, Mortal, Ultima, and other such games for my pvp fix. That being said, a pvp server is very different from a pve one. A PvE server you know where the mobs spawn. They don't move around to much. To claim you don't see the difference is.. I'm not going to go there. In a PvP server if there's a group of pvpers they can make it extremely hard to get anything done. To die by mob respawn means you had to have killed the mobs in the first place thus progress.

On a PvP server a group of players can ensure that you can't kill the mobs you need. Back in the day people would be told to "scoot" when being camped on a pvp server. This isn't feasible in this kind of game. There's not many places to level up and back in the day leveling up consisted of grinding on mobs. Even killing one mob is helping level you. This takes ages in a game like SWTOR where the majority of experience gained is expected through quests.

If you move away from the mobs, sit down, and heal the mobs will not come track you down and kill you. On the other hand players will do just that. Mobs will not kill you at certain unprotected cloners. Players will. Mobs will not camp the area making it impossible to get anything done without backup. Players will. I addressed your earlier post about the nonsense of the "Good ol' days." back then on pve servers most companies had zero tolerance for griefers. They were very quick to ban them in the "Good ol' days." I've seen people banned for corpse camping, blocking off access to banks, and more.

The only games where certain styles of griefing are acceptable are those that are almost 100% PvP games. "Old fashioned" mmo's didn't support griefing anymore than the newer mmo's. Also if you don't think Bioware will change this or at least prevent this from happening in future events you're delusional. This is obviously not what they intended.

You're right that another player shouldn't be able to flag you for pvp against your will on a pve server.

I've noticed a problem with the pvp flag lately. If I do accidentally get flagged for pvp by another player (through them exploding on me or me buffing them), the pvp flag doesn't automatically wear off after 5 minutes, or ever apparently. I have to manually toggle it on, then off again. I find this doubly annoying since I never intended to be flagged in the first place.

thats not whats happening here.

That's exactly what's happening here. You're repeatedly complaining that people on a PVE server don't want to PVP, and don't want mechanics that flag them for PVP against their wishes. I don't understand why that bothers you so much. You like open world, always-on PVP. Bioware created servers for you and other people who enjoy that. Go play there and stop worrying about what people do on PVE servers.

I don't get it why are you guys still arguing.

No one should be able to tag someone for PvP without his consent in a PvE server.

Bioware will fix it and the PvP e-peen waving crowd will still be able to think they are tough on their PvP servers.

Exactly. This is a bug, and an exploit, and hopefully it will be fixed soon.

However the sheer incomprehensible lunacy ,on display from some here ,really makes me wonder what the PVP servers are like....and why the PVP crowd feels the need to greif on PVE servers.

The lack of simple comprehension, boggles the mind.

Edited by JediElf

interesting thread, i play on a PvP server. that being said, i await transfers so i can goto a PvE server.

if you think bugged pvp flagging for griefing is a horrible;e start to your daily grind, well try standing in front of one of those murals in process of ...."reading" it and out of nowhere in your view you are attacked, and before you can turn around you are at 1/4 heath and your companion is dead and there are a gaggle of republic dipsticks killing you....

i mean im not even wearing pvp armor im solo on a quest.......but i rolled on a pvp server it is to be expected dipstick players will do things like this.

i totally agree with the OP on a P V E server if you are not flagged, you in no way should become flagged for PvP upon infection that has to be unintentional and NOT working as intended. you did not wish to become infected thats penalty enough but i am sure you would have become flagged even if you had the vaccine buff on. totally uncalled for and abusing the system, but it is something that can be done so until it is fixed or called "working as intended" by the makers, then something pve players will have to deal with.

pvp is fun and a part of the game. on a pvp server even if you are in a ops group and need to leave you suddenly become fodder for the lamers in your ops group and they will turn on you and shred you and lulz about it....same team you were just healing. but it was the player who ran away from the bantha and wernt hitting anything or healing anything that killed me......sigh pvp server thats what we deal with. our own team kills each other as much as republics do.

and of course this is on most planets, youre zipping along minding your own business looking at your map for that next waypoint, and POW off your speeder and half dead........ then full dead, roving gaggles of punks or you goto a mission point and walk up to a terminal and pow out of stealth 3 players spawn and slay you.....

sigh again pvp server pvp rules, way way worse than accidental unwanted pvp flagging let me tell you.

but the reason i made this reply is to agree that forced flagging is needing to be removed, and to share this,

i was at the jawa vendor in the dune sea, up comes this level 50 all geared out, im 48 BH in mis matched pve gear. i stand there expecting the attack and at least i see this one coming as the last 5 times that day was from the back. i was in fight stance so i put my guns away hoping this player is like me and pays attention to cues like that indicating no menace....well obviously he is not attacking me he is vending so im like ok well play it cool,

but another one shows up same guild, now im like great he called for more people he we go, so i right clicked his icon .....was hoping to whisper i guess that means shoot him as thats what my toon did shot him right off his speeder lol, well he gets up freezes me, now im like OH NO what did i do ? well i unfreeze myself turn my back and walk a few steps away, this other guy dosent do anything but get off his speeder. i switch to "say" in the chat and say "i did not mean that i wanted to look at your gear sorry" ( i know i wanted to whisper but that after shooting would make me seem even more noobish lol) then i finished my vend and high tailed it outta there before more uncouth republic players showed up.

so not all opposing faction players are ganking griefers or back shooting pack hunters. some of them are quite ok with standing next to you at a mission point or vendor and not engaging.

just wanted to share my feelings and experience, your experiences may not be the same thats what makes games like this so much fun to play.

I miss the good old days where griefing was just part of the fact an MMO is a player driven environment, completely dynamic and constantly random. you either ragequit or you learn to adapt and have fun.

these online single player games really took the fun out of MMO's, i think EvE is the only true MMO out there, why can't developers just put on the game packaging minimum requirements: "An IQ above 60" and start ignoring the QQers who most of the time allow themselves to be griefed?

The age of the Catasser is ended and the era of the Poopsocker is over. While those types of mechanics and games may have had their place and enjoyment, times have changed and that methodology of creating games has long since passed us by. Those of us who grew up and helped create that genre know that the direction games have taken has been for the better. We neither have the time, nor the patience to deal with such mechanics and griefing any more - nor should we.

BJ