The Tauntaun ram pet

Decayed_Glory

From the data available, I got the impression that the tauntaun pet would be available for everyone with a long enough subscription and the free playtime only for those with a level 50 character. Now I read two different conclusions about this in this very thread. Any really knows how this works?

I have an active subscription since about the beginning of this year, but my main character is still level 43 since I just enjoy the environment and the leveling up - I take my time. I would love one of those ugly tauntauns.

The official email said (edited to include the complete text with clarification on who "get's" the pet):

As an added bonus, we will be awarding all active subscribers an in-game Legacy reward, the Legacy Tauntaun Ram Pet**, as our way of saying thanks for your support. The Tauntaun Ram Pet will be delivered to you via in-game mail by April 24, 2012, 11:59PM CDT/ April 25, 2012, 4:59AM GMT.

** FOR ACTIVE SUBSCRIBERS OF STAR WARS: THE OLD REPUBLIC ("SWTOR") AS OF APRIL 12, 2012, 12:00PM CDT, 5:00PM GMT OR AS OF APRIL 21, 2012, 12:00PM CDT, 5:00PM GMT. OFFER MAY NOT BE SUBSTITUTED, EXCHANGED, SOLD OR REDEEMED FOR CASH OR OTHER GOODS OR SERVICES. VALID WHEREVER SWTOR IS SOLD. MAY NOT BE COMBINED WITH ANY OTHER OFFER, GIFT CARD, REBATE OR DISCOUNT COUPON. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED, TAXED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. VIRTUAL ITEM ONLY. LIMIT ONE OFFER PER ACCOUNT. ITEM WILL BE APPLIED IN-GAME TO ALL CHARACTERS UNDER USER'S ACCOUNT.

Edited by iRouven

You had to have a 50 and active sub at the time of the email to get the pet and free 30days

not the pet, everything i have read and seen leads me no other thought than everysingle active sub as of 4/12/12 not free weekend, but the same reqs as founder, active sub with a previous re sub.

will get the pet on or around the 24th or 25th . ill post my email here....

We're celebrating the release of the "Legacy" Game Update by rewarding our active subscribers with an in-game Legacy reward. You will be receiving your Legacy Tauntaun Pet*, sure to be your new best friend, via in-game mail by April 25, 11:59PM CDT/April 26, 4:59AM GMT.

Get ready to build your legacy in Star Wars™: The Old Republic™!

as i see another copypasta posting with a day difference i am going out on a limb and assume that others will have yet another date close to ours. we are talking about over 1 million in game mails thats a lot of work any way you do it.

but as it says "active subs" so not all players will get them if they only are using the free "come back and play" time without a active sub they wont be. and im sure if you have let your sub expire and are using any free time without a active sub you might not either.

im sure we will see droves of people qq about "where iz mah tonton!!1!11" and the obligatory dozens of cloned threads started about it ;)

[insert "You underestimate my power!" reference here]

knock knock knock "Listerman" knock knock knock "Listerman" knock knock knock "Listerman"

:Listerman: opens door: "Yes?"

:Muertepk: "Well played Listerman, well played."

:ph_love_this:

Edited by Muertepk

Question: will it only be applied to characters at time of redemption or can characters you create later also get it? For example if I redeem the reward and then move to another server or delete a character to reroll will the new characters also get the reward or will they be prevented from getting the reward?

(...)

as i see another copypasta posting with a day difference i am going out on a limb and assume that others will have yet another date close to ours. we are talking about over 1 million in game mails thats a lot of work any way you do it.

(...)

Might also be a result of the changed rules to get the free days - gives them a bit more time to process things. Just a guess. I got the email on the 12th.

Edit - or as you said, just a way of not sending ALL of them out at the same time.

Edited by iRouven

Greetings everyone!

Thank you to everyone for their helpful responses to this question! If you would like to read more information, you can do so in our Celebrate Game Update 1.2: Legacy news article:

We appreciate the support of our community throughout the development of the Legacy game update. As a ‘Thank You’ gift, we are giving all active subscribers (as of April 12, 12:00PM CDT, 5:00PM GMT or April 22, 12:00PM CDT, 5:00PM GMT) the in-game Legacy reward: the Legacy Tauntaun Ram Pet*, sure to be your new best friend!

In order to make sure that you receive your in-game Legacy Tauntaun Ram, your account must meet the following criteria by April 12, 2012 ,12:00PM CDT, 5:00PM GMT or April 22, 2012, 12:00PM CDT, 5:00PM GMT:

You must have purchased the game and redeemed an official Game Product Registration Code at the Code Redemption Center.

You must have signed up for a recurring subscription using a valid payment method OR redeemed a Game Time Code.

Your account must not be banned.

* FOR ACTIVE SUBSCRIBERS OF STAR WARS™: THE OLD REPUBLIC™ (“SWTOR”) AS OF APRIL 12, 2012 12:00PM CDT, 5:00PM GMT OR APRIL 22, 2012, 12:00PM CDT, 5:00PM GMT . OFFER MAY NOT BE SUBSTITUTED, EXCHANGED, SOLD OR REDEEMED FOR CASH OR OTHER GOODS OR SERVICES. VALID WHEREVER SWTOR IS SOLD. MAY NOT BE COMBINED WITH ANY OTHER OFFER, GIFT CARD, REBATE OR DISCOUNT COUPON. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED, TAXED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. VIRTUAL ITEM ONLY. LIMIT ONE OFFER PER ACCOUNT. ITEM WILL BE APPLIED IN-GAME TO ALL CHARACTERS UNDER THE USERS’S ACCOUNT.

FORMER PLAYERS COME BACK AND PLAY NOW ON US: APRIL 13 – APRIL 20

In honor of Game Update 1.2: Legacy, we are offering former subscribers the chance to come back and play on us.

Starting on April 13th, 2012 at 12:01AM CDT / 5:01AM GMT through April 20th, 2012 at 11:59PM CDT / April 21th, 2012 at 4:59AM GMT, former subscribers will be able to log-in to their accounts without having to re-subscribe!

In order to qualify for the seven (7) days of free*** gameplay, you must meet the following requirements:

[*]You must have purchased the game and redeemed an official Game Product Registration Code at the Code Redemption Center.

[*]You must have previously signed up for a recurring subscription using a valid payment method OR redeemed a Game Time Code. (This includes players in their first thirty (30) days of game time included with purchase of the game.)

[*]You must currently have an inactive subscription.

[*]You cannot have left the game in a banned status.

Plus, if you reactivate your former account on or before April 22nd, 2012 at 12:00PM CDT / 5:00PM GMT, you qualify for our Legacy reward: the Legacy Tauntaun Ram Pet*!

You can also find the following quote in our Developer Tracker from Senior Online Community Manager, Stephen Reid:

There was mention of a pet Tauntaun as well on the website, who now gets that?

That hasn't changed - every active subscriber.

We hope this helps provide some assistance with this question!

Edited by Ellvaan