Heatseeker Missiles

SoNofHuD

Fires several missiles that deal 1257 - 1424 kinetic damage. This damage is increased by 5% per heat signature on the target.

Wondering if anyone experimented with this skill in beta. Trying to decide if it is worth it to get this and some of the unload skills in arsenal or get more in bodyguard. With 5 heat signatures max damage range is 1571-1780? Doesnt seem that huge. It seems like the skill at the top of the tree should be the big damage skill but you can just spam tracer missile for same amount of damage. I guess the only advantage of heatseeker is the instant cast time?

From the way I understand it (and I am not at 50 yet so I probably won't be the best answer for this question) you are correct. For PvP and bosses where you can rack up large heatsigs, having an instant fire-high damage attack like the railgun is useful. Especially in the situation where you are trying to out DPS heals. It seems to be well worth the points to me at least.

Anyone else have come to a different conclusion?

From the way I understand it (and I am not at 50 yet so I probably won't be the best answer for this question) you are correct. For PvP and bosses where you can rack up large heatsigs, having an instant fire-high damage attack like the railgun is useful. Especially in the situation where you are trying to out DPS heals. It seems to be well worth the points to me at least.

Anyone else have come to a different conclusion?

Yeah thats exactly what I was thinking - between that attack and railgun being instant cast that pretty good burst damage to take someone down. But the ability to heal is always a good option in PvP which is what I am considering as well. Ill probably just roll with full dps spec 1st and change as needed just wanted to see if anyone had experience with it.

Yeah thats exactly what I was thinking - between that attack and railgun being instant cast that pretty good burst damage to take someone down. But the ability to heal is always a good option in PvP which is what I am considering as well. Ill probably just roll with full dps spec 1st and change as needed just wanted to see if anyone had experience with it.

Probably a good plan. I was looking over the abilities on the tree from tracer missile on up to see if they were really necessary or would hybridization be a better choice and I can't honestly say I would opt out of them especially with the buffs to unload and railgun in the next two tiers after tracer.

Then again, who knows.

Wondering if anyone experimented with this skill in beta. Trying to decide if it is worth it to get this and some of the unload skills in arsenal or get more in bodyguard. With 5 heat signatures max damage range is 1571-1780? Doesnt seem that huge. It seems like the skill at the top of the tree should be the big damage skill but you can just spam tracer missile for same amount of damage. I guess the only advantage of heatseeker is the instant cast time?

The tooltip states it as being 1571-1780 but thats the base damage, any stats you have that boost damage will increase it. I leveled to 50 in the beta and heatseeker with max sig's could hit for 3k crits easily. It is incredibly useful for burst when you add in railshot and if you can time expolosive dart to explode around the time your 3rd tracer missile hits the target. If you follow that up with heatseeker and railshot its a lot of damage in a short span. I found I could easily burst down most targets 1v1, though I should state that in pvp its rare to get into a lot of 1v1 fights. Either way you'd have to have more than 1 healer healing a target to deal with the amount of burst Arsenal can actually dish out, plus w/e your team members are pumping into targets.

If you like missiles and want to go heavy into the tree, don't skip out on heatseeker. Its also useful to pick off people trying to escape with low health.

Its not really supposed to be an instant I-win attack, I don't think any of the top tier attacks are, but if you use them in combination with your other bread and butter attacks you'll eventually see the benefit. I think a lot of people miss out on how good they actually are just cause they don't appear to be higher in damage to other lower tier abilities.

This game is all about synergies. Anyways hope that helps.