Lost Island HM - L5R

IIRC, 4min 30 for the enrage.

This said, as a Juggernaut, we had it the 5th try we did it in HM (first time for 3 of us, the healer gave us a rundown but he did it in normal mode)

The main problem for the tank is interrupting the Incinerate. Even if the first tick applies, the attack must be cut and the dot cured. Maybe it's my imagination, but it seemed to me the largest part of the damage done by the incinerate dot was on the last tick. Anyway, it must be cleansed. In case of a mistake, another player must cut incinerate when the channeling starts.

Btw, it's a cone with a short range, you only have to check melee players position.

Ignoring the arc lightning is fine, it's manageable.

The rest of the group doesn't need to move far from each lightning dome, if there's enough space left on the lane, just stay at the limit. It'll be less tedious as the number of domes is restricted. Around 7, I think, after that the older disappear as soon as another come in

For the adds, their damage is negligible. Just ask for an aoe if the group is moving, but if not, they have to stay on the boss. The tank will get the aggro and kill the add. If necessary, there's between 14 to 20 seconds between each Incinerate, so he can switch his target

The 4th time, we had the boss to 4%, but his enrage/overload killed us. After that, the group completely ignored the adds if they weren't moving, I was the only one to kill them. L5R was down before any enrage. No dome spam, no mad chaingunning, no lava everywhere, no unwanted adds

All of us were half columi, half rakata.

Something that can help, when the boss uses his chaingun attack on the whole group : the single or, if not, the pbaoe taunt can still be applied. Even if ignored, it'll still reduce the damage by 30%. This can be used on any boss ignoring the tank. Even with a protection, the pbaoe taunt is still able to be applied at least for the damage reduction

In the end, I like it. It's the first time I need to be so focused, as there's little room for errors. Yeah, it's harder, but it was advertised as is. The only nerfs I would see on it is, as said, a reduced radius for the lightning domes, while being sure they aren't spammed on the same place, especially for melee dps. And maybe, increasing a little the incinerate recharge time. Actually, without TS or mumble, cutting the wrong power will end with the tank death.

ps : sorry for the mistakes, english isn't my native language.

That being said, I've done this fight with 2x melee, 1 melee/1 range, and 2 ranged, and the only time this fight is truly "impossible" is if you do not have a reliable ranged interrupt (i.e. not the healer) for incinerate while the boss is being moved.

I'll probably be running this in the near future with a Sage healer, Guardian tank... and 2xCommando DPS.

FML.

Done this fight with Vanguard tank (me), 2x Commando and Sentinel, hard but not impossible.

We had huge trouble with the interrupts at first (without a ranged interrupt), but it is possible if you are very fast on your feet.

Both the tank and the melee have to anticipate where the fire is going to come from.

You can usually move back and forth between the fires until you have to switch positions because of the lightning.

Edited by Fdzzaigl

The more you speak about these "unavoidable" mechanics, the more I'm convinced you simply don't have any idea of what you're doing.

Group up in the back if you have ranged, group up behind the boss if you have melee, and move as a coordinated group. As for movement, move after incinerate. It's only at least a 12 second cooldown, and if you interrupt it fast enough, you take NO damage as the tank. True story.

I've seen the stuff you refer to in the OP, but only the first time I did the hard mode and as others have pointed out it seemed to be a soft enrage as we only had one dps with us (and it happened in the last 5% or so, allowing us a kill regardless). The second time we had a proper composition with high dps and we didn't see this "phase" at all.

L5R has a soft enrage timer so if you reach it at 20% basically ur screwed every which way... The floor is 100% fire everywhere and balls come full size. Its not a bug the boss is just telling you, YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!. The DPS isn't doing a good job, I have done this on my sorc healer with a lot of pre-50 gear meaning mods/enhancements/armoring which were lvl 40+ and I healed it just fine.

My group composition was Jug - Tank, Mara - dps, Merc - dps, Sorc - heals and everyone besides me was in some columi and 1 pc rakata... I just had 1 columi pants the rest were crap gear. When the tank first engages L5R and dps goes all out for the first few seconds before the aoe starts we can bring it down by close to 30% HP then the dance begins... by the time soft enrage hits the boss is already at 1-2% hp... so if we had better gear this boss would be down way earlier.

I hope your dps'ers can cough up more dmg for it because from what u are saying 20% and soft enrage hits means ur DPS'ers are doing crap dmg.