Focus for PVE

Koru

Focus is extremely terrible for pve dps. Do not use it. The build doesn't work until you get the 31 talent, which you obviously can't until you're high level. Use vigilance because you'll be able to kill things quickly while still being able to tank stuff while you level up. Edited by Smashbrother

Focus is extremely terrible for pve dps. Do not use it. The build doesn't work until you get the 31 talent, which you obviously can't until you're high level. Use vigilance because you'll be able to kill things quickly while still being able to tank stuff while you level up.

Until I see actual parses of Focus DPS in PvE I wouldn't be to keen on condemning it. I have a hard time imagining it going well post 1.2 but for leveling it's still fine.

However, I'd recommend sticking with a Defense build early on until you get Doc, your healing companion. Defense spec is actually quite good for leveling and will minimize your downtime when running with a DPS companion.

Once you get Doc, you can give Vigilance a try and see how you like it.

Edit: Respeccing is free once a week so feel free to experiment. The story fights are doable in every spec and are more a matter of interrupting and gear than anything else.

Focus really doesn't work without the 31-pointer so it's not really viable until max. level.

Edited by Dee-Jay