+10% damage after leap!

Rotanartlu

Sorry, you are right, I jumped the gun and jumped to conclusions about this, however, also consider this, you are taking a large strength lose (not sure, but probably more than 10% of your strength) to gain a 10% bonus to damage 40% of the time. Sounds to me you would be moving in the wrong direction for DPS. Though I can see how it might become a viable option in PvP as you would have much more endurance and therefore more survivability = more kills and more overall damage in WZs. For PvE, not worth the trouble IMO.

It's about an 80 point drop in str so really more like a 3-4% drop in str tops.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's about an 80 point drop in str so really more like a 3-4% drop in str tops.

Even if it is only a 3-4% lose, 10% boost dmg 40% of the time is only a 4% overall damage game. So you lose 4% raw damage and replace it with 4% damage that is reliant on a skill being used (which in a WZ should be saved for when you are getting kited, meaning the boost is less than 40% of the time). Not to mention, you lose lowered CD on Guarded by the Force and the extra range on Dispatch. Sorry, but still does not appear to be a viable option IMO. If I am missing something, please explain.

Even if it is only a 3-4% lose, 10% boost dmg 40% of the time is only a 4% overall damage game. So you lose 4% raw damage and replace it with 4% damage that is reliant on a skill being used (which in a WZ should be saved for when you are getting kited, meaning the boost is less than 40% of the time). Not to mention, you lose lowered CD on Guarded by the Force and the extra range on Dispatch. Sorry, but still does not appear to be a viable option IMO. If I am missing something, please explain.

I am no metagamer or math whiz but does 4% str reduction equal a 4% damage reduction? Other things factor into damage such as power correct?

I am no metagamer or math whiz but does 4% str reduction equal a 4% damage reduction? Other things factor into damage such as power correct?

Well, it is a 4% damage from strength reduction and 4% crit from strength reduction (not 4% reduction to actual crit %) yes you get extra damage from power, but as I stated, you also lose the lower cd time for GbtF = less survivability, and lower range of Dispatch = less damage to kiting targets. Not worth it for a possible 1-2% gain to a proc damage.

Well, it is a 4% damage from strength reduction and 4% crit from strength reduction (not 4% reduction to actual crit %) yes you get extra damage from power, but as I stated, you also lose the lower cd time for GbtF = less survivability, and lower range of Dispatch = less damage to kiting targets. Not worth it for a possible 1-2% gain to a proc damage.

This topic was debated a few pages back. Personally I rarely use GBTF and rarely do I need longer range on dispatch. However force leap I am always using.

The set bonus in the War Hero PvP set is attached to the armor mod. Buy 4 WH vindicator pieces and rip the armor out and put it in the orange armor of your choice.

All the mods? or just the Armoring?

You are now talking about 2 different situations, let me start by the first one;

1) You only lose out on strenght & endurance if you use it as your pve gear, in pvp it's as good in stats as weaponmaster gear. And since it's a pvp orientated bonus seems weird to go for it in pve.

Only reason I use it during our raids is because my augmented war hero has better stats than my rakata gear. (ofc once i complete my augmented campaign gear i'll be swapping to that)

2) Now you start talking pvp, how many times does it happen that someone kites you on more than 10m range while they are below 30% hp? the very few moments it happened to me, I usually leap onto my target or just realize it's not worth chasing them.

If those final 15 secs on GbtF are that important to you, sure go for it, but same for that; how many times do you actually need the reduced CD?

NC yesterday, guarding a node, 4 inc, called in vent and chat. Fight fight, gbtf, fight die. Dont release my scoundrel healer says, battle rez, camo, gbtf off cd, healed to full health. So the set bonus is good in very rare curcumstances.

Finally got this set bonus. Freaking awesome. Doing 50k+ extra damage minimum in WZ's and with my very expensive modding it's = to rakata gear for PvE yet still rolling with 950 expertise.

Wow. You're telling me you already purchased a full set of Guardian BM and 4 pieces of War Hero? O.O That's fairly impressive man. Glad it worked out for all your trouble and time being one of the first guinea pigs to try this.