The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Combustible Gas Cylinder

Goatfishtoo

I'm new to this game and everything but this ability seems like its really not even worth using over the tanking one I received a few levels ago. I'm only level 19. I just want to know why I should be using this cylinder? A 10% proc just does not seem like its worth it.

It's completely dependent on the spec you choose. If you spec into pyrotech (which I personally suggest, as it's amazing damage and mobility for both PvE and PvP), you will use CGC exclusively. Now...should you go Advanced Prototype, you'll likely be using High Energy Gas Cylinder whenever it becomes available to you. Shield tech....stick with Ion Gas Cylinder.

I'm new to this game and everything but this ability seems like its really not even worth using over the tanking one I received a few levels ago. I'm only level 19. I just want to know why I should be using this cylinder? A 10% proc just does not seem like its worth it.

1) If specced as a Pyro, Combustible Cylinder can amount to up to 25% of your ENTIRE damage output.

2) First tier talent allows you to trigger CGC 100% of the time using Flame Burst

3) Second tier talent increases the chance of it being triggered by 6%, and its damage by 30%

4) Second Tier talent lets you Slow your opponent by 50% pretty much indefinitely.

5) Third tier talent makes using Rail Shot on your burning target (through CGC) vent 8 heat, which becomes the main heat management mechanic for a Pyrotech.

So yes, I would say it is an INCREDIBLE cylinder. Even if you are not a Pyro, there are situations where you are not tanking, and should switch to CGC just to get some more damage output.

Edited by Agooz