Star wars books are getting worse and worse

Sickboy_

title

they have no originality, no sense of adventure, no suspense, and an uninteresting plot. They are adding more and more politically correct nonsense into the stories and its no longer entertaining(before feminists and others get "offended" you need to keep in mind that earlier star wars novels such as the books from the 90s had none of this, and actually read like the movies). They read like a description off wikipedia.

Did the authors run out of ideas, or have they let modern politics(which infest all of our media from TV to video games to books) ruin their writing style? Some of the authors doing the fate of the jedi series had good SW books in the past, but now, their work is terrible.

What do you think?

title

they have no originality, no sense of adventure, no suspense, and an uninteresting plot. They are adding more and more politically correct nonsense into the stories and its no longer entertaining(before feminists and others get "offended" you need to keep in mind that earlier star wars novels such as the books from the 90s had none of this, and actually read like the movies). They read like a description off wikipedia.

Did the authors run out of ideas, or have they let modern politics(which infest all of our media from TV to video games to books) ruin their writing style? Some of the authors doing the fate of the jedi series had good SW books in the past, but now, their work is terrible.

What do you think?

Saddly StarWars has a Extreme Fan base that will go out into rage fits over there characters being killed off or be made into weaker than others . In StarWars there is only room for lightsabers and no deaths to main characters and there for the Authors are dull and halted from making real stories for a better crowd of people .

I will say Star Wars does seem to have a history of hating women , Leia is not shown as powerful as Luke even though they are twins , Mara was killed off instead of Luke("I think to put Jaina in the top woman slot") , Meetra instead of Revan .................("well Revan might be dead after foundry but imagine if you git to kill Meetra in foundry instead ........I am sure her fans would still be screaming for blood lol") ........oh well , when your fan base seems to respect imaginary characters more than real life people , sure the story eventually becomes tasteless and dull.

Edited by mefit

title

What do you think?

Because authors started killing each other's characters off, so now it's just a paycheck that helps pay for food.

That's my theory, anyway. I haven't read anything after Legacy because my favorite redhead died and took my motivation with her.

I will say Star Wars does seem to have a history of hating women , Leia is not shown as powerful as Luke even though they are twins , Mara was killed off instead of Luke("I think to put Jaina in the top woman slot") , Meetra instead of Revan .................("well Revan might be dead after foundry but imagine if you git to kill Meetra in foundry instead ........I am sure her fans would still be screaming for blood lol") ........oh well , when your fan base seems to respect imaginary characters more than real life people , sure the story eventually becomes tasteless and dull.

You misunderstood me completely. But if you want to see what heaping even more feminist garbage into star wars will do, just keep reading. I'm sure it will get even worse. I stopped reading apocolypse about halfway through because it got so bad.

title

What do you think?

Completely agree, considering I don't even own a Star Wars novel yet.

Well actually I do, but they're somewhere in the house. :o