RE'ing new campaign armor.

homeyp

Has anyone actually successfully RE'd a new Campaign set piece and learned the crafting schematic? I personally want to use the campaign gear because I like the look, but i feel like this isn't practical at all with the current 20% chance to learn a schematic.

I dont know if anyone would really feel comfortable RE'ing their new campaign gear, gear that they are competing with other guild members for, unless they had a better chance than 20%. I mean, who knows when the next time they can get the same piece to try again will be. Its almost like BW doesnt want us to use their shiny new Ops sets and to just buy a random cheap orange piece of the GTN.

So has anyone been brave enough to RE a piece yet? :confused:

Yeah, i got that much.

My main concern is that we are spending this time in EC trying to get this new PvE set, but if we actually like the look and want to use an augmented version of the campaign set then we are at a disadvantage to the average person who is happy with the easy to obtain orange shells. Either make it hard to obtain and easy to get schmatic, or easy to get schematic and hard to craft. Campaign gear should have guaranteed schematic rate imo.

Along these lines, I have a little RE calculator to share. People often times think that if you have a 20% chance to learn a pattern, you probably only need 5 tries to get it. But life doesn't work that way, as the OP alluded to.

The calculator tells you the chance to learn the pattern, if you enter in the number of attempts you're able to do. For example, with a 20% chance RE rate, and 5 tries, you only have a 67% chance to get the pattern in those 5 tries.

Ah, stats, how they often aren't intuitive. Anyway, here's the calculator: http://blog.askmrrobot.com/2012/04/swtor-re-luck-caculator/

From what I gathered you can rip out the mods and RE it. You may lose the look if it fails but you can crank your mods back in to another shell and retain your bonus if not your look.

Ror

I know a dev post stated that and I've been trying to find it, but could not. The campaign gloves I have are RE'able with the mods in, but once I removed the mods, it can not be RE'd even though the "Chance to research schematic: 20%" is there.

Pretty sure this is a bug and I probably could throw in a lower lvl mod to make it RE'able, but want to get a confirmation from a dev before I do that and possibly lose the gloves. I put in a ticket, but so far no reply back.