Tumult is useless!

twKrash

subj...

According to the description this ability is greate for dps:

Kicks the target, dealing 2295 - 2357 kinetic damage to weak and standard targets, and 1663 - 1725 kinetic damage to strong targets. Only usable on incapacitated targets.

But!

1) It is not used against elite mobs

2) IT IS NOT USED FOR PVP!

Please... Make it usable or remove it at all (or give us, Inquisitors/Consular, another usable skill)

Thanks.

Would be nice if there was a ranged version (a sorceror saber throw would be cool), kinda like how snipers have eviscerate for melee and headshot for ranged (both are identical to tumult).

These abilities are designed to make soloing easier, especially for healer and tank specs who lack in damage. It's a no-cost ability that does a good bit of damage against common opponents.

This is one of my favorite abilities. Just because it's not cut out for all situations doesn't make it bad. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately this is used only for PVE and useless for high-end content ( I.e it is used for low-level.

P.s. yes... there can be a situation when melee mob will attack you and you'll need to kill it fast...

Because you don't know how to use it effectively doesn't make it useless: high damage at zero cost.

Weak and Silver mobs take a lot of damage from Tumult (and the electocute or shock you used to stun them). They'd end up dead all the same if you didn't use Tumult. It's faster and uses less ressources though.

Use it on weak mobs that are gnawing on your healer(s). Use it on the sniper mobs that are way out of AOE.

Or don't, but then don't complain that weak mobs need a nerf.

New ability vital for patch 1.3:

Flying Doctor - Grab Talos Drellik by the ankles and swing him round before throwing him at an attacker for moderate kinetic damage.

Also heals the user for 40% of max health

I believe the uselessness comes in at the fact that it is pretty bad in most situations. I think the real fix would be making it usable after spike, finally giving dps an opener and tanks some burst for pvp, also making the tank ability to increase dmg done to spikes targets a nice boost. If it CAN be used on spike, then for some reason it has NEVER worked, I was looking forward to that combo while leveling as a tank only to find it pointless. I don't think it's too much to ask for the burst once every 20 seconds on tank or each fight on dps.

I believe the uselessness comes in at the fact that it is pretty bad in most situations. I think the real fix would be making it usable after spike, finally giving dps an opener and tanks some burst for pvp, also making the tank ability to increase dmg done to spikes targets a nice boost. If it CAN be used on spike, then for some reason it has NEVER worked, I was looking forward to that combo while leveling as a tank only to find it pointless. I don't think it's too much to ask for the burst once every 20 seconds on tank or each fight on dps.

Tanks a tank! They dont need dps or Burst DPS! >.<

Would be nice if there was a ranged version (a sorceror saber throw would be cool), kinda like how snipers have eviscerate for melee and headshot for ranged (both are identical to tumult).

These abilities are designed to make soloing easier, especially for healer and tank specs who lack in damage. It's a no-cost ability that does a good bit of damage against common opponents.

This.. it is meant purely for PvE assistance.

I totally agree with the OP. I do not even entertain this skill on my command bar. Its really useless to me, would be better being removed altogether, its only worth was with low end NPC's its totally useless against any thing stronger. I think to remove it, it needs a replacement first, but I doubt they will give us Consulars and sins a saber throw, (we already have the clairvoyant strike) its as close as we will ever get to a throwing saber.

I totally agree with the OP. I do not even entertain this skill on my command bar. Its really useless to me, would be better being removed altogether, its only worth was with low end NPC's its totally useless against any thing stronger. I think to remove it, it needs a replacement first, but I doubt they will give us Consulars and sins a saber throw, (we already have the clairvoyant strike) its as close as we will ever get to a throwing saber.

In Hard Modes while the tanks and DPS deal with the strongs and elites me as a sage can use a project on a weak to stun him, then force run in. Tumult him, and if he is still standing afterwards TK throw burn him down. Not useless and assists the team

It is useable after Spike. You have to spam it right when you use Spike because you have a really small window to hit it.

Edited by Squidkidz

agreed, completely useless. atleast for my build, i didnt even bother buying the skill. Its a good openener after mind trap but it doesnt deserve an easy accessable quick slot. Its nice to have some fun with it as an opener though. Little boost of confidence for dmg you can really only do against squishy npc's and will never see in a usefull scenario.