The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

PvP Tactics Vanguard, generator or Shield?

petersjoberg

After 1.2 i started doing Alot of PvP with my Vanguard, had full Champion gear as Supercommando.

Now i have full armour in BM Combat tech instead and the dmg is awesome compared to Supercommando, BUT, one of the things still missing is the BM offhand, its still champion supercommando shieldgenerator, why? Cuz i cant make up my mind if the generator is worth the stats it gives to abonden the shield chance.

Atm im full Tactics build and running HEC, gettign the 15% movement bonus and recharge a extra ammo every 6 min.

I know many Tactic Vanguard uses the Eleminator set but i went combat tech.

Would love to see how other Vanguards build their tactics gear.

Also...HOW THE HELL DO U KILL A 1.2 marauder.... ;( They r ripping me to shreds.

BUT, one of the things still missing is the BM offhand, its still champion supercommando shieldgenerator, why? Cuz i cant make up my mind if the generator is worth the stats it gives to abonden the shield chance.

If you aren't using the tanking stance, don't bother with a Shield offhand. You lose too much in stats, and your Shield chance is too low to be worthwhile.

I know many Tactic Vanguard uses the Eleminator set but i went combat tech.

Would love to see how other Vanguards build their tactics gear.

Also...HOW THE HELL DO U KILL A 1.2 marauder.... ;( They r ripping me to shreds.

Actually, if you aren't running Plasma Cell and have 18 points in the Assault Spec tree, Combat Tech is the better choice for heavy Tactics builds.

Why? The +15% Crit Chance for Stockstrike synergizes with the Surge talent. And it's a close-range spec, so the 2-pc set bonus is relevant.

i play this build

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#801rRG0doroMZrsrbobZo.1

i once tried tactics after the patch 1.2 and i epxerimented a bit with shild in offhand (usually i only use generator). i found that after 1.2 it feels as if shield procs a bit more often than before, but am not really sure. anyway i didn't gelt more robust using the shield but i felt the difference in dmg, especially the missing surge i have on my offhand.

my personal feeling is that shield isn't it worth if your build is more biased towards dmg.

i wanted once to try 2 points in shield cyvler while using a shield in the hope that i get a better feeling of the shield proc due to the ammunition refill. but never did it actually.