I'm from Hong Kong, which server I should join?

Dolmong

I have the same issue. I live in Japan and been trying to decide between rolling on The Harbinger or on Oceanic servers. Ping is 120ish on West Coast and around 280ms on Oceanic. Really can't decide because I don't know if enough peeps will stay on The Harbinger to make it worth going there, or I just have to eat the bad ping and play Oceanic.

Decision, decisions.

I'm an Aussie and this is accurate. Australia has a very poor internet backbone and gateways so players outside the country who are connecting in are probably going to experience higher latency than if they just connected to a US based server.

I have a friend in Japan who has this same anomaly. On the US West server he was getting 100ms, we started playing on the Aussie server and he now sits at roughly 300ms.

Edited by Avatarless

Yesterday night I don't have time to check latency and population,

But this morning I online and found out that:

1.) Oceanic PvP server = average 280ms, The Swiftsure server = average 180ms

2.) Both servers have people to play in ..... decent population I would say.

I'll have more info tonight as I will play...

Looks like I'll go to Swiftsure.

Since I have a lvl 35 character, so I might start a new character easily with her credits :p

I am planning to start a Jedi Warrior, can't resist the heavy armor look, very sexy !! =D

• 3 weeks later...

852 Is currently a hong kong guild based on the server Master Dar'Nala. We accept players from everywhere but we would like to remind applicants that most of our non-hk based players are in the timezone of +8 GMT. Hardmode EV + KP, story mode EC are already on farm and we will be attempting hardmode EC very soon. We are currently recruiting more players for 16 man raids.

Please visit:

http://eightfivetwo.enjin.com/home

or pst dabinlo / tenkai-chi in game for more detalis.

I'd recommend everyone select a server in the region that gives the best ping times.

The intent of having servers in different locations is to give everyone a usable network connection (bandwidth & latency).