Is accuracy useless?

Aethyriel

So, now that we have combatlogs I thought I'd test around a bit on the operation dummy on my ship (should be the same as hitting a boss in any ops right?) to see how much accuracy I need in order to hit properly or to put it in other words: How much acc can i dump for power, crit, curge.

So, I stripped a bit and testet with 95,3% acc shown in char window - no misses.

Stripped down to exactly 91% accuracy - no misses.

Both times I had about 500 hits overall, not enough for a real test with exact hitcap and all, but as I wasn't missing at all I thought I'd post here first and see if anyone has also tested this, came out with a different result or is accuracy really useless and it would be better to just stack dmg increasing stats instead of taking any accuracy.

Things is: Sometimes I'd see a very small "miss" by the dummy - it's either from assault (basic attackk - three hits - nobody cares if one of them misses, you get rage anyway) or the offhand, although I am not sure offhand misses are shown at all and it's dmg is just added to the number of the MH hit (so you'd have lower or higher numbers at random for any ability due to offhand missing or hitting).

Anyone here doen some tests like this with some info? Would be appreciated.

edit: checked mmo-mechanics SW theorycraft talking about 10% accuracy should be on the gear, but no reason was given, so not really helpful.

Edited by Aethyriel

So, now that we have combatlogs I thought I'd test around a bit on the operation dummy on my ship (should be the same as hitting a boss in any ops right?) to see how much accuracy I need in order to hit properly or to put it in other words: How much acc can i dump for power, crit, curge.

So, I stripped a bit and testet with 95,3% acc shown in char window - no misses.

Stripped down to exactly 91% accuracy - no misses.

Both times I had about 500 hits overall, not enough for a real test with exact hitcap and all, but as I wasn't missing at all I thought I'd post here first and see if anyone has also tested this, came out with a different result or is accuracy really useless and it would be better to just stack dmg increasing stats instead of taking any accuracy.

Things is: Sometimes I'd see a very small "miss" by the dummy - it's either from assault (basic attackk - three hits - nobody cares if one of them misses, you get rage anyway) or the offhand, although I am not sure offhand misses are shown at all and it's dmg is just added to the number of the MH hit (so you'd have lower or higher numbers at random for any ability due to offhand missing or hitting).

Anyone here doen some tests like this with some info? Would be appreciated.

edit: checked mmo-mechanics SW theorycraft talking about 10% accuracy should be on the gear, but no reason was given, so not really helpful.

The dummies are currently bugged, lacking any dodge or parry. The "small miss" you're seeing is because of your offhand, which has a much lower hit chance than your main hand.

can't really be offhand - not enough misses for 50 or 60% hit chance that it has. Parry shouldn't be a factor for Marauder anyway if bosses can't parry attacks from behind, same with dodge actually, but Idk what the programmers did, never paid attention, never seen a dodge or parry pop up though.

can't really be offhand - not enough misses for 50 or 60% hit chance that it has. Parry shouldn't be a factor for Marauder anyway if bosses can't parry attacks from behind, same with dodge actually, but Idk what the programmers did, never paid attention, never seen a dodge or parry pop up though.

Bosses can block/parry/dodge whatever from any direction. The only reason you should be behind a boss is to avoid cone/cleave damage.

You're too used to the WoW mechanics, bosses can parry from wherever. Also, the dodge/parry mechanic is from defense, which is why you need accuracy to avoid even though it says miss. I'm explaining this terribly, but I'm trying to do so in between PvP ques.

You're too used to the WoW mechanics, bosses can parry from wherever. Also, the dodge/parry mechanic is from defense, which is why you need accuracy to avoid even though it says miss. I'm explaining this terribly, but I'm trying to do so in between PvP ques.

yeah, used to wow mechanics on boss parry etc. So there is no real way to test accuracy right now due to bugged operation dummies except in live raid (would cost a fortune to change mods only for that and gimp me in raid doing so possibly)? Sucks.

Im taking this from another thread, feel free to check it out yourselves (sticky: Mach 5 Massacre - In - Depth marauder guide (should be the top one)).

Accuracy: Increases chance for attacks to hit; over 100% at it reduces the targets defenses (dodge/parry)

He goes on to say that it is believed that bosses have an 8% defence increase, and that you would need 108% to accuracy to counter this.

Im taking this from another thread, feel free to check it out yourselves (sticky: Mach 5 Massacre - In - Depth marauder guide (should be the top one)).

Accuracy: Increases chance for attacks to hit; over 100% at it reduces the targets defenses (dodge/parry)

He goes on to say that it is believed that bosses have an 8% defence increase, and that you would need 108% to accuracy to counter this.

Almost right! You need 98% accuracy on your character sheet, the 108% you're referring to is for special attacks not to miss. I have just under 98% and in a combat enviroment I have seen my Annihilate (special attack) being missed by Champion mobs. This doesn't happen very often as my accuracy is sitting at around 97.54%, but it can happen! Just get your accuracy to 98% and you won't have any issues.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.