Harnessed darkness/shadows needs balancing (PVP)

Devorasx

Can it be purged or cleansed like similar effects in WoW?

Whoa, some class has OFFENSIVE dispells????? o.O I played since launch and had no idea LOL.

And once again: we are tanks. If we aren't supposed to win our duels over time, which class is supposed to?

Thanks for reminding why I've quit. Yeah it's fiiiiine, X is your anticlass........ I'd rather be playing something that lets you win because you have more skill and not because it's by design and you win by default, you win by just being there, FFS......

Edited by Deviltreh

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoa, some class has OFFENSIVE dispells????? o.O I played since launch and had no idea LOL.

Thanks for reminding why I've quit. Yeah it's fiiiiine, X is your anticlass........ I'd rather be playing something that lets you win because you have more skill and not because it's by design and you win by default, you win by just being there, FFS......

Winning a duel isn't "winning" in a game designed and balanced around 8v8 warzone's. You win by playing your class with "skill" in a coordinated team based pvp environment.

I don't really agree, first off before they fixed HS and the amount that it healed before then was nothing shadows could barely tank then in pve not to even say pvp.....when they did the adjust it i agree that we have more sustainability of our health, however we take more damage then both the JG and the VT by far..... in fact my guild will only take me in a HM with my tank if im the only one on, just because JG/VT tanks better then me and they have to heal heal them less then myself.....

now im no the best tank for shadow but some people consider me ok i guess but im still not there first choice because of that fact.

IF shadow tanks are the LOLZ as you say, why are almost 90% of shadows playing this lolspec? And what other spec(s) do you suggest besides the 2 other trees which will seldom, if not ever at all find a place in competitive pvp?

Again, im calling for the removal of the damage boost to this talent. Youre after all in a TANK spec. and youre job is to soak damage, not dish out great damage and be tank king at the same time.

Firstly, I play this spec because the others are a pain in the ***. Trying to do the full set up for infiltration is a pain in the ***. Balance offers some options but no real survivability. This is the spec I'm good at, and a lot of others are the same way, so yes we're pretty tough when you fight us.

Secondly, we don't tank a f**king thing in PvP in the classic sense of the word. Our mitigation, especially in PvP, is abysmal. The way the geniuses designed this "tank" is with self heals from damage, and a nerf will make us utterly useless as tanks.

You say you play the class, but I sincerely doubt you do. I think you get owned by the class and are here to troll and cause problems because you've got nothing else you can do about it.

Edited by RobNightfall

" At 3 stacks the channeled ability ticks, if your`e BM geared for 2k, which totals 8k damage, and heals you for 12%."

just lol. Even with force potency and all adrenals, it only does 2k per tick. on undergeared sages. Normally its about 800, 1400 if crit per tick. No way you do 8k dmg on every use of harnessed TK

"Factor in that the Trash/Double strike procs for PA/Energized, you can heal yourself for 12% every 8-10 secs."

Wrong. If you want to do decent dmg. you might want to use project only if PA proccs. Thats why you wont have 3 stacks every 8-10 seconds. You also need to count in CD for CCs and other abilities like corce pull. no way you have every 10 secs 3 stacks.

" if not that`s enough the Whiter/Slow Time effect already makes sure the opponent is slowed and has an accuracy debuff. Oh, discharge/breach and the debuff is 10%."

Again wrong. breach has an accuracy debuff (which is btw. pretty worthless in pvp), while slowtime has a 5% dmg reduction.

"First of all before all rages and gets upset that i don`t know the class, I play an Assassin at a very high pvp level, and I know what the specs are capable off."

Depending on the quotes above i might say you dont know what youre class is capable off, since you dont even know what youre abilities are doing. Since you dont even know youre own class very well, i might predict you know even less about other classes which leads me to the statement that you have no idea of balancing overall.

Sorry but when you see:

On top of that the TK-throw/F-Lightning is not interruptable, unless hard countered.

It's hard to believe you have some1 in front with real experience at using/countering TK throw.

...The problem is that you seem to not find PvP players that priorize the use of a resolve bar against a KC shadow/sin in the right way or...

...You have spent most of your time as Infil/Balance to know how easily disrupted the channel is, or...

...You do not take into account how predictable a HS assisted TK throw is.

It's similar to an Infil Shadow opening weakness... The moment Project is going to be used its so easy to predict that every1 has rdy their resistance/vanish-like powers to neglect it (Assisted, ofc, by the travel delay).

The only scenario this particular power gives a net advantage is on 1v1... Even against other tanks, because it's a permanent menace that forces the oponent to reserve the Resolve Bar for it exclusively (or face a self-healing high mitigation target that will outlast you)... While the KC shadow has more freedom on how to CC his oponent.

Instead of altering its basic functionality, if this is a problem (That I don't think so)... Keep the immunity to pushback and allow it to be interrupted by specialized powers. That way you leave PvE functionality intact and will still require some skill to deal with KC self-healing on PvP... Instead of just disablling the viability of KC in any scenario possible... Which seems to be the goal of the OP.

Edited by ragamer