"Working as intended." Seriously?

Gunblades

Since 1.2 patch I have submitted several tickets (the last one being ticket 4953090) attempting to point out that things are not working as intended but every single reply has been either "It is not a bug and is working as intended." or "We cannot return an item you did not win." even though I, the player, NEVER REQUESTED for an item.

I am posting in this forum because obviously the people responding to the tickets do not know 1.2 is live or 1.2 patch notes are plain wrong.

Taken from 1.2 patch notes today.

"You will no longer lose access to a Flashpoint phase immediately after defeating the final boss in Hard Mode. Access is removed upon completing the [FLASHPOINT] mission."

Malgus pushed/killed me (the tank) at 11%hp and I was automatically ejected to ilum since fall death does not give you the option to "Return to Med Center" and moments after I died my group killed Malgus. Prior to 1.2 the player was locked out of the flashpoint and was unable to loot boss. POST 1.2 when I tried to zone back in the loading screen came on but when it finally loaded I was in Ilum again. I tried again with no difference. My group was waiting for me to load in to loot chest. My False Emperor quest and daily DID NOT COMPLETE.

According to the patch notes it is my understanding that I should have been able to enter and loot the chest no? on 3 different tickets CSR stated that the game "Is working as intended." and on 1 instance told me they could not give me the loot from the chest... which is not the issue... zoning into the instance is.

Taken from 1.2 patch notes today.

"Loot drops from endgame activities, such as Operations and Flashpoints, now take group composition into account."

First Hard Mode Flashpoint my guild did was Taral V with 3 troopers and 1 JK. The last boss dropped Consular gloves. This too was responded by CSR that "It is working as intended."

My understanding of "... take group composition into account." means if there are 3 troopers and a JK the final boss loot will be either Trooper or JK no? CSR stated that the game "Is working as intended."

So... which is it? Is it in fact a bug? or are the Patch Notes for 1.2 wrong? I'd put money that CSR would say... The patch notes are correct and the game is working as intended. If you feel that this aspect of the game could work differently, we strongly recommend posting your feedback on our "Suggestion Box" forum.

"You will no longer lose access to a Flashpoint phase immediately after defeating the final boss in Hard Mode. Access is removed upon completing the [FLASHPOINT] mission."
This is in reference, specifically, to the missions labelled [FLASHPOINT]; you usually only start these when entering the instance, and they sometimes auto-complete when the last objective has been completed. It sounds like this is what happened in this instance, in which case it is working as intended.

"Loot drops from endgame activities, such as Operations and Flashpoints, now take group composition into account."

First Hard Mode Flashpoint my guild did was Taral V with 3 troopers and 1 JK. The last boss dropped Consular gloves. This too was responded by CSR that "It is working as intended."

My understanding of "... take group composition into account." means if there are 3 troopers and a JK the final boss loot will be either Trooper or JK no? CSR stated that the game "Is working as intended."

Were the gloves truly for a Consular (have the class as a requirement), or did they simply reflect Consular-preferred stats? The former should not be happening, the latter should.

This is in reference, specifically, to the missions labelled [FLASHPOINT]; you usually only start these when entering the instance, and they sometimes auto-complete when the last objective has been completed. It sounds like this is what happened in this instance, in which case it is working as intended.

FLASHPOINT FALSE EMPEROR is a "flashpoint" and I died "Before" malgus died so my objective did NOT complete and I was NOT allowed to enter the instance and there were NO messages that stated that I was not allowed to enter and my Daily did NOT complete. It simply loaded me from ilum back to ilum.

Were the gloves truly for a Consular (have the class as a requirement), or did they simply reflect Consular-preferred stats? The former should not be happening, the latter should.

The gloves were a final boss drop Columi Unassambled Consular Gloves.

Edited by Gunblades

FLASHPOINT FALSE EMPEROR is a "flashpoint" and I died "Before" malgus died so my objective did NOT complete and I was NOT allowed to enter the instance and there were NO messages that stated that I was not allowed to enter and my Daily did NOT complete. It simply loaded me from ilum back to ilum.
Did the mission name include "[Flashpoint]"? In brackets?

To my recollection there isn't a single quest in Swtor that has [Flaspoint] in the quest name. False Emperor, Taral V, Hammer Station, The Esselles, Kaon, Lost Islands, Battle of Ilum, Directive 7 and others are all [Flashpoints].

I'm not sure what you are asking because False Emperor is an instance.

To my recollection there isn't a single quest in Swtor that has [Flaspoint] in the quest name. False Emperor, Taral V, Hammer Station, The Esselles, Kaon, Lost Islands, Battle of Ilum, Directive 7 and others are all [Flashpoints].

I'm not sure what you are asking because False Emperor is an instance.

No, all group missions list what they are before the name of the mission in your mission log and on the mission list on your HUD. If you have a heroic mission it will say (Heroic 2+) or (Heroic 4) and then the mission name. If it is a flashpoint, it will say (Flashpoint) before the mission name. All group missions are listed like that.

So, back to the question, are you sure this was a Flashpoint or is it possible that it was an Operation?

:csw_redsaber::csw_bluesaber:

Obviously the patch is not working. And just as obviously the CS rep did not read your ticket carefully. Get used to this. CS replies are cookie-cutter, fill-in-the-blank, madlib type garbage. The patch has obviously failed in this area as it has failed in many other areas.

When you enter a Flashpoint you receive an area mission, the name of which is preceded by the "[FLASHPOINT]" in brackets. This is what notes your progression through the FP content, and what the patch notes are referencing.

When you enter a Flashpoint you receive an area mission, the name of which is preceded by the "[FLASHPOINT]" in brackets. This is what notes your progression through the FP content, and what the patch notes are referencing.

Just to be 100% accurate, I picked up Taral V (which was where the cosular unasambled gloves droped) and it states, [HARD] Flashpoint: Taral V and if you have played this game then you should already have known that Taral V along with the list of other flashpoints I named in my post above IS a Flashpoint. I'm not sure why even people in the forums can't seems to look at the actual problem.

PROBLEM: Patch notes state that in flashpoints last boss loot will take group composition into account.

3 troopers and 1 JK received a Consular gloves. Either its a bug or Patch notes are wrong.

Oh and you must not have played swtor or have a bad recollection, because you cannot enter a flashpoint without first having the quest since it could be Story or Hard mode.

Edited by Gunblades

Oh and you must not have played swtor or have a bad recollection, because you cannot enter a flashpoint without first having the quest since it could be Story or Hard mode.
The mission you get before entering a Flashpoint is different than what the patch notes are referring to. The notes specify bracketed flashpoint missions. These are the only ones that are effected by the change.

When you enter a flashpoint you automatically get a new mission bearing that bracketed label. An example would be:

[FLASHPOINT] Hammer Station

That is the actual title of the mission. Noted the bracketed label, in both the missions and the notes; these are the only missions the patch notes are referencing.

Today, we ran boarding party HM. 1AI (DPS), 3inquisitors (tank + heal + dps). We dropped the unassembled columi gloves for mara/jk.

Also, on NM, a friend of mine ran low lvl instance alone with his 50, to unlock HM, and drop several item for another class.

Either the patch is lying, or it's not working.

Also, on NM, a friend of mine ran low lvl instance alone with his 50, to unlock HM, and drop several item for another class.
So long as the item does not require a specific class that is not present, it is still supposed to drop. A light armor with Wisdom but no class requirement, for example, can still drop for a group lacking a Consular or Inquisitor.