The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

PFT/PPA Build

Benjah

Hi,

I'm still leveling my Powertech, currently 35, and I love PPA but want PFT as well. It's possible to do a 0/23/18 spec and get both. I was wondering if this is at all viable, or if anyone has tried it yet.

Hi,

I'm still leveling my Powertech, currently 35, and I love PPA but want PFT as well. It's possible to do a 0/23/18 spec and get both. I was wondering if this is at all viable, or if anyone has tried it yet.

It doesnt do well. With all the issues surrounding PFT, you'd want to really maximize its damage. Not having HEGC + Intimidation alone reduces its damage by 14%. How ever, this spec 1/22/18 that I have been playing with is very viable, if you want PPA and the utility of AP.

Edited by Agooz

Thank you for the info. I still want to try the PFT/PPA build, I think it will be ok in flashpoints/ops, but will probably go back to a full pyro or that utility AP build.

It will be decent, but you will have heat management issues without Immolate. Lower damage plus more heat issues = not a very successful build. Take a look at the AP guide. the problem you will face is that you will have to use PPA on demand, to keep the heat down along with the free RP and use PFT often enough to not sit on 5 stacks.

Will it work? Yes. Is it advisable? No

Your rotation will be extremely clunky, and you will be spending several points to get PFT that will simply make your rotation much more difficult to manage.