GTX 580 owners, What is your average FPS?

Drayoc

Damn, probably a good thing I didn't upgrade my PC for the game.

Although I don't understand. Friend of mine has a GTX 580 and it runs smooth as butter.

You should do a point by point comparison between your PC and your friends. Hardware, software, drivers, everything. Doing so can be invaluable in showing you why his unit runs so well and yours does not.

Why are you people blaming the engine?

I5-750 @ 4ghz

8Gigs Coursair Dominator ram

XFX 6970 2gig card

Everything Maxed including the new texture options.

1920x1080

80-110fps nonstop

Something is wrong with some of yours hardware. My machine is a midspec machine imo and it tears this game up.

So you have the CPU overclocked to 4Ghz? Are you achieving those Frame Rates even in WZ's?

i7 2600k

4GB Gskill 2133mhz

OCZ SSD

GTX 580 Twin frozr II

I get around 60-110fps in the world, fleet usually a little higher because my server is so dead that no1 is actually on fleet save maybe 8 people. Pvp I'm not actually sure, i'll check later and update my post.

To be honest though if you aren't sure your GPU is working correctly try it on another game and check out of the sort of FPS you should get there, or even 3d mark etc. Using this game to tell whether your hardware works properly is pointless it's just all over the place, one of the worst optimized games I've ever played.

Edited by RTCBrad

Shadow and Bloom makes a big difference, if you're struggling, turn them both off.

Also i run in windowed mode (fullscreen) 1900x1080

helps heaps when alt tabbing etc, no huge loads

i7 980x

GTX 480M

12G 1333 ram

Intel 120G SSD

i get reasonable fps for a high end laptop

3 year old rig here and it's performance is nothing short of spectacular. Does tend to get a little warm at times during extended periods of PvP and RAID groups but still holds steady framerates at 60 fps under any condition. Building a new rig this weekend using an i7-2700K and will use a GTX 680 (if they ever come back into stock) so I can move this to my GFs house and play from there. Im anxious to see how it compares.

i had until recently a game min spec laptop that ran the game barely. ive just spent £1700 on a brand new Dell Alienware Aurora Desktop with a Intel Core i7-3820 (4 Core, 10MB Cache 3.60GHz), 3GB AMD Radeon HD 7950, 8192MB (4x2GB) 1600MHz DDR3 Quad Channel. Im running everything on the highest settings and it runs like a dream....im always the first in to enter pvp and flashpoints by far and the detail is breathtaking.

Ive not had one slight bit of slowness since i got this new system.

Also, just to point out, im not bragging here, im just pointing out that the game is very processor and graphics demanding.