How many people are dropping their subs?

Kelenan

Huh? Was that supposed to make sense? You said the numbers are up. I said that's traditionally the case in any MMO in the period after a major patch. People come back to test the changes. Hell, I bet people even resubbed in advance to be ready for ranked. A week from now, those people will be back to playing the next beta in line, or Skyrim, or something.

Whatever, clearly enough people disagreed with the changes since they're being patched.

Clearly? so a handful of ppl on the forums again = everyone? reading failure...

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Literally I ran in (as a tank) and 3 guy could cc and down me before I could do anything.

Wait a tick... So basically you believe that in a 3v1 scenario you should survive? What kind of terrible balance would that be? What would be the point of those other 3 people even playing? C'mon now. :rolleyes:

you mean how many complainers on the forums are dropping their subs?

i would hope that all of them do

as for the other 95% of the players that dont waste time here im pretty sure they are happy and content with the game just like i am.

^

Indeed.

stop telling me to adapt. i pay to play. i dont need to adapt.

^

The attitude that is destroying both gaming and the real world today.

Edited by Vaipyr

stop telling me to adapt. i pay to play. i dont need to adapt. many other games to pay to play. If I dont like the changes that are made to a game I stop paying to play. Its simple.

You will never be happy in any MMO, because that is the genre. Don't bother trying to play something else, as it will change and rebalance. Every MMO does this, not just SWTOR. So either learn to adapt or don't play MMO's, it's that simple.

I would also suggest carrying that philosophy into your RL, it will help you a lot.

There is only one thing that is inevitable in LIFE and MMO's, and that is change my friend.

GL out there.

I love this game so much I was on a 6 month sub, but I switched to month-to-month because of this PvP fiasco.

I love to PvP and I especially love to PvP when leveling alts. Now, I pretty much don't bother on my alts, especially my low level ones. On a low level alt there's much more danger of ending up with little or zero xp for your time, essentially meaning you waste your time.

I was running around on my new healer in one WZ, ended up with like 60K heals and 60K damage. That doesn't hit the 75K threshold so I think I ended up with 2 medals and zero xp for about 15 minutes of my time. That really, really sucks. It's not like I wasn't contributing.

And that's happened a lot. It's fairly common, now, to go into a wz and end up w/ zero comms. Even if this only happens one time in three, is it worth your time? No, it's not.

So I'm not PvPing very often on my alts, which also really sucks. My time is better spent doing quests, which would be less boring for me if I could throw in some PvP sometimes, which now I can't because BW has made it unrewarding.

Yes, if they don't fix this mess, I'll unsub. I'm giving them time and hope they do fix it. There's just too much outrage in the forums to think they won't.

You will never be happy in any MMO, because that is the genre. Don't bother trying to play something else, as it will change and rebalance. Every MMO does this, not just SWTOR. So either learn to adapt or don't play MMO's, it's that simple.

I would also suggest carrying that philosophy into your RL, it will help you a lot.

There is only one thing that is inevitable in LIFE and MMO's, and that is change my friend.

GL out there.

again stop trying to tell me what i will and will not like. Do i tell you what you should think or what you will like no. I stated my opinion that I hate the new pew pew pew, everyone is dead PVP. Thats my opinion. If you like it that is great. But your opinion isnt more important then mine (they're the same) So stop trying to be my mother and tell me what I will or will not like.

A handful of upset players don't = everyone, seen one of my servers peak time go from 80-100 to 150+ now, so i guess not everyone like the handful of players on the forums are upset, or maybe they realize its still a new game and with each mmo out it gets better and better instead of thinking I WANT IT NOW OR I QUIT motto like i see so many do yet they still play...

If your going to unsub then thats your choice, stop posting/ranting/carrying on about all the stuff you dislike and just go...

this is like myself a + 20 yo i asume (im 31),

quit if you want guys, who da **** cares, me and my friends played pvp in mmos for years and focus on having fun, gear is something you get eventually so who cares.

mmo´s change their **** constantly, you should know this already.

That Bioware has done stupid **** is true, but as long im having fun, im in.

There are loads of more boring things to do in life than playing online with friends wielding lightsabers.

Clearly? so a handful of ppl on the forums again = everyone? reading failure...

*sigh*

It's clear that a significant number of players protested the changes, here and on their account pages, since Bioware has gone into damage-control mode (i.e. time-stamping a post made this morning as if it was made Friday, then announcing increased rewards, etc.).

Not saying a majority, just enough. Clearly. Because the changes are being made.

this is like myself a + 20 yo i asume (im 31),

quit if you want guys, who da **** cares, me and my friends played pvp in mmos for years and focus on having fun, gear is something you get eventually so who cares.

mmo´s change their **** constantly, you should know this already.

That Bioware has done stupid **** is true, but as long im having fun, im in.

There are loads of more boring things to do in life than playing online with friends wielding lightsabers.

Indeed, thanks...

Unsubscribed the day after 1.2 went live.

I played pvp that night and felt the changes were horrible. The removal of the abort timer was the worst.

Then I opened my eyes to all the other bugs / design flaws in the game that I was accepting, because I like smacking people with a virtual double bladed light saber.

Afterwards, the Jedi mind trick Bioware had been playing on me was broken.

Hey folks,

Some follow up news from observations of play and feedback over the weekend. In the next couple of days we will be deploying a small patch that will address the following issues:

• As discussed, minimum medals to gain rewards will go from 3 to 1 to better reward those who are backfilled.
  • Warzones will once again be shutting down when population imbalance is detected. This was an unfortunate bug where a feature of Ranked Warzones (in full team play it is not desirable to let one team end the game prematurely by quitting out) was incorrectly implemented globally.
  • Completion of Warzones will gain a large increase in the percentage of rewards it represents, so while scoring is still the primary driver, you will cease to see games that give no rewards if players have a minimum of 1 medal earned.
  • We are extending the time we wait for a full team of eight to better make sure Warzones pop with complete teams.

A huge thank you to everyone who played this weekend and provided valuable feedback and analysis.

I posted this to update the whiners, criers, and mopers, on the subject that they are so passionate about, yet haven't bothered to actually research for themselves.

Literally everything you people have been ************ about all day is being fixed, but I'm sure most of you didn't know that because you're more interested in having something to ***** about than you are in having your problems fixed.

Have fun, I'm sure I'll see most of you here tomorrow with something equally non-impactful and pointless to gripe about.

*sigh*

It's clear that a significant number of players protested the changes, here and on their account pages, since Bioware has gone into damage-control mode (i.e. time-stamping a post made this morning as if it was made Friday, then announcing increased rewards, etc.).

Not saying a majority, just enough. Clearly. Because the changes are being made.

Please read/count/process, not a majority just a handful in pvp/ptr forums mainly and a couple in GD...

Again, thank you...

I posted this to update the whiners, criers, and mopers, on the subject that they are so passionate about, yet haven't bothered to actually research for themselves.

Literally everything you people have been ************ about all day is being fixed, but I'm sure most of you didn't know that because you're more interested in having something to ***** about than you are in having your problems fixed.

Have fun, I'm sure I'll see most of you here tomorrow with something equally non-impactful and pointless to gripe about.

Don't sway too far.

You might fall off your high horse.

I mean... I'm sure you've never been upset about something in a game or made a negative post in a forum... right? Oh wait- you get your forum kicks by going into every thread that isn't praising BW and being a rude prat if your post history is anything to go by.

Edited by zerosaint

TAB TAB TAB TAB TAB (not)

TAB TAB TAB TAB TAB TAB TAB TAB TAB TAB (really) TAB TAB TAB TAB TAB

TAB TAB TAB TAB TAB TAB TAB TAB TAB TAB TAB TAB TAB TAB TAB

TAB (everything) TAB TAB TAB TAB TAB TAB TAB TAB TAB

TAB TAB TAB TAB TAB TAB TAB TAB TAB TAB TAB TAB TAB TAB TAB TAB TAB TAB TAB TAB

They're keeping my sub. People are WAY over reacting. The changes aren't that bad (or bad at all), learn to adapt or don't play MMO's.

I thought the sky was falling until I got home last Thursday and played. I have a dps and a healer at 50 with mediocre gear, and it's far from broken.

Yeah, rule #1 is don't listen to anything you read on the PVP forums.

The game is fine...healers can still heal, kills aren't instagib, and you have to get utterly destroyed to not be able to get 3 medals. If that's happening every time, you're doing something wrong.

Don't sway too far.

You might fall off your high horse.

I mean... I'm sure you've never been upset about something in a game or made a negative post in a forum... right?

I've made a ton of them, a lot of them even on this site.

However I tend to at least *GLANCE* at similar threads and topics, and even the dev tracker occasionally, to see if my (and other's) issues have been addressed or acknowledged before I go off on a fuming rant.

So we are noobs for moaning about this and yet they are changing it due to our feedback? One would think you are the noob hahahahaha

But lets face it. Those changes are good but still no ttk (time to kill) and expertise changes = gear will still be king. At least we might be able to close the gear gap easier than 5 years now though lmao :D

Yep, unsubbed also. D3 is around the corner anyways and not much will change in Swtor til then. Soon to follow we will have Gw2. I'm just tired of waiting around for changes that should have been in the game at launch in the first place. And since I am a pvp junkie, there is not much to do but warzone grind which is sad. Ilum is well you know and world pvp does not exist.

Please read/count/process, not a majority just a handful in pvp/ptr forums mainly and a couple in GD...

Again, thank you...

As I said, enough people. I never said it was a majority, just enough. You read something into my posts that was not there. Please process.

Yep, unsubbed also. D3 is around the corner anyways and not much will change in Swtor til then. Soon to follow we will have Gw2. I'm just tired of waiting around for changes that should have been in the game at launch in the first place. And since I am a pvp junkie, there is not much to do but warzone grind which is sad. Ilum is well you know and world pvp does not exist.

GW2 is buggy beyond beleaf, D3 has no pvp when its released, so i think i'll sit tight atm...