Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

BH 650+ damage any know the spec?

Epini

SO a couple days ago I was in a series of WZs in which one BH consistantly topped the charts in damage.

300+ consistantly and a 650k in a Voidstar.

drool

Ok so clearly he has good gear and mods..yadda yadda.

But WTH is that spec..any ideas?

Any BHs/Commandos who have done these types of numbers post 1.2 care to enlighten us whith your exact spec and what you focus on using/doing in combat?

SO a couple days ago I was in a series of WZs in which one BH consistantly topped the charts in damage.

300+ consistantly and a 650k in a Voidstar.

drool

Ok so clearly he has good gear and mods..yadda yadda.

But WTH is that spec..any ideas?

Any BHs/Commandos who have done these types of numbers post 1.2 care to enlighten us whith your exact spec and what you focus on using/doing in combat?

Spec Pyro

Wear Gear

Win

No seriously, as trollish as that response is. It's the case when it comes to overall damage done...

Edited by exphryl

Pyros can put out a lot of damage, but a lot of it is AoE and random "I threw one dot on 5 guys" damage that doesn't actually do anything useful.

edit - not saying pyros can't blow the crap out of people, but it's really easy for them to pad their numbers.

Edited by Mrip

Yea apparently Pyro gives you the highest dmg numbers.

Also, that guy probably knew what he was doing and was a skilled player. Spec/Class/Gear isnt everything.

No doubt thus I also asked what they concentrate on using and doing.

Took me a couple weeks to learn how to get those numbers or better as a sage healer. (sage healing is not intuitive there are specific thing you must consentrate on doing to be be really good) I still get those numbers post 1.2 because 1.2 didnt nerf hardly anything that mattered to good sage healers in WZs. Plus we got some very nice power/alacrity mods vs using power/surge mods.

I can pretty much also guarantee you that when he got that 650k damage he never died and received a lot of healing. Powertech is certainly not the only class that can do this, but they have to be facing a "bad" team that is also very active. When I've done this it is essentially just a firing line of red names to kill.

Remember in GTA: San Andreas when you were taking over territory and the gang members would just come at you in a single file line? Yeah, it's like that...

Isn't it Arsenal Merc that's dishing out the "BIG HURT" heat-seeker missile? I've been seeing many screenshots of people getting killed by heatseeker missiles for > 8k damage, and I can only assume that much of the damage is a result of at least one full stack of tracer missile debuffs (but very possibly a result of multiple arsenal mercs applying multiple tracer missile debuff stacks upon the same target - which seems more likely). When I'm on my marauder and I have multiple tracer-missile spammers on my team, I can easily auto-attack any enemy that has two separate 5-stacks of tracer missile debuff to death in 3-4 normal attacks! Yes, I've noticed increased damage out of heatseeker missile since 1.2, but I've never seen an 8k+ hit from a single 5-stack of debuff.

And lets be honest: if anyone gets multiple 5-stacks of tracer/grav round debuffs, they are going to die with a quickness from pretty much anything - i.e. my sorcerer has done more than 2.5k damage with shock (yes, shock) on a vanguard with a single stack of tracer missile debuff. I can only imagine multiple stacks.

I can pretty much also guarantee you that when he got that 650k damage he never died and received a lot of healing. Powertech is certainly not the only class that can do this, but they have to be facing a "bad" team that is also very active. When I've done this it is essentially just a firing line of red names to kill.

Remember in GTA: San Andreas when you were taking over territory and the gang members would just come at you in a single file line? Yeah, it's like that...

PT's and VG's have been performing much more powerfully than before, I'll admit to this, but the thread is about Mercenaries.

Isn't it Arsenal Merc that's dishing out the "BIG HURT" heat-seeker missile? I've been seeing many screenshots of people getting killed by heatseeker missiles for > 8k damage, and I can only assume that much of the damage is a result of at least one full stack of tracer missile debuffs (but very possibly a result of multiple arsenal mercs applying multiple tracer missile debuff stacks upon the same target - which seems more likely). When I'm on my marauder and I have multiple tracer-missile spammers on my team, I can easily auto-attack any enemy that has two separate 5-stacks of tracer missile debuff to death in 3-4 normal attacks! Yes, I've noticed increased damage out of heatseeker missile since 1.2, but I've never seen an 8k+ hit from a single 5-stack of debuff.

And lets be honest: if anyone gets multiple 5-stacks of tracer/grav round debuffs, they are going to die with a quickness from pretty much anything - i.e. my sorcerer has done more than 2.5k damage with shock (yes, shock) on a vanguard with a single stack of tracer missile debuff. I can only imagine multiple stacks.

Powertech pyros pump out more damage and can survive much better (no interruptable abilities) than anything mercs can do. A merc pyro is very effective, but not to the level of PT Pyro (although a merc pyro can put out that damage if healed a lot). PT pyros proc combustible gas cylinder more and their railshot ignores 90% of armor (something pyro mercs cannot do).

If a merc arsenal is putting up those kind of numbers your team is full of morons. You have an interrupt right? Interrupt tracer, game over. Any class can destroy a merc arsenal 1v1. Pick them out, destroy them in no time, and move on. Only mercs don't get an interrupt, and even then I would take a pyro merc any day of the week over an arsenal merc in a warzone. Only when there is no LOS will an arsenal merc win, which is not often in warzones. Even then all a merc pyro has to do is stun for the first tracer, get on him, and knockback when he tries a second. That delays the arsenal's heavy hitters enough to burn him down.

Edited by McGarnagle

Any class can destroy a merc arsenal 1v1. .

This is very true. Arsenal Mercs are extremely dangerous if left alone to nuke people (which can happen if they are with a good group), but absolutely horrid 1v1. When I'm tanking, I'll actually protect our arsenal merc as much as I will the healers. They are worth protecting, as they can dish out serious dps.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.