BW killed the fun in levelling through pvp?

Steele_dk

Legacy gave pve'ers a lot of new options when they decide to make a new alt.

Restrictions while levelling? Well you cant obviously do some pve content without the proper level. Other than that, you are free to do the stuff you like (PVE)

PVP? You can enter pvp from lvl 10 to 49 without level requirement (though skills arent obtained before you reach your appropriate level (just like in pve)

Restrictions:

- Valor cap paired with level.

If you like me made an alt to pvp on, your time on played in warzones wont reflect upon your valor rank once youve reached the cap on your level. At lower levels this means just a few games will cap you and you dont receive alot of valor which you earned from here on. As valor requirement has been removed from gear, you could argue this doesnt mean much, but as a true pvper, this still is kind of annoying, especially when youre making a new char and dont want it to seem unexperienced vs your main.

- Credit reduced, comms earned in 1.2, new medal system

Means that not only dont you get as much money to aid your income for time spent, but the new medal system also means that if its a loss you get little to no comms earned. This change affects all levels but especially the low levels as you only get 1 daily per day that only rewards XP. And needless to say, pvp games in pre 50 bracket can very often be a team full of 10s or a team full of 40s (to those that argue you must work for your win etc. etc. My point is that you dont often get a balanced team and it because of that is hard to win. Im not complaining about this though, ive taken my beating as a lvl 10er just as everyone else will have to)

- Cant buy lvl 50 pvp gear pre lvl 50

Now this really makes me "tempered" When you are in your lvl 40s like me, youve got the full lvl 40 set already for you AND your companion and youre maxed out warzone comms, why dont they allow you to buy some pieces before you ding 50?

All one can do now is buy ranked warzone commendations. I wont use them till MONTHS when im done with full BM gear and ready to get my first war hero piece.

It is clear to me that BW intentions is to level through pve and enjoy the stories theyve made and such. And i have, its not like you could only level through just pvping before, but now with all these things packed around pvping pre 50 level, it just makes it clear that BW are very restricted on what you can do pre 50, and that shouldnt be the case.

Suggestions:

- Remove the valor cap

If no gear requires valor rank anymore now, then why have it capped? Youve said yourself valor only reflects now the experienced youve had with pvp, then why not reward the full time you have spent in pvp?

- Allow pre 50s to earn normal amount of credits.

When do you need credits the most? When you level. Skills, mounts, and levelling your crew skills all takes alot of money. Not to mention now you have added the credit purchasable pvp set at 50, youll need an extra of 300k to buy that.

and finally

- Allow lvl 50 pvp gear to be purchasable from lvl say, 45 or maybe 48.

If a person wants to focus on pvp with his char, why shouldnt he be allowed to prepare properly for the lvl 50 warzones? Pve'ers can just go buy stuff ready to go from the trade market and have that lying ready in their bags till they ding 50. Why shouldnt pvpers be able to do the same. And with restricting the purchases to lvl 45-48, you avoid the purchases to be abused and having ppl be in full BM gear when they hit 50, but you also give the pvpers a chance to not miss out on a lot of comms earned once the cap is reached.

I want to PVP damnit, cant you realize that BW?

*makes scene from platoon, extending arms in the air*

I am not a big fan of some of the changes but the credit one really bothers me on my low level toon that I am currently pvping with. When I played this weekend (I was probably 80-90% pvp) I looked at my credits and i was shocked. Then I actually started paying attention at the end of WZ. I am not a fan of the change.

Most of the other issues have already been covered elsewhere so I won't go into those.

The credits you get from winning a warzone are a joke compared to the simplest PvE quest for your level.

And not being able to spend those 2k commendations really is a bummer. Nothing to do but stock consumables I guess, since you can't afford them once you hit 50...

Edited by blooddodo

Ok so you want to be able to get champion, battlemaster and war hero gear before 50, right?

Can PvErs get tionese, collumni, and rakata gear before 50? No, they can't. Your analogy is flawed and complete crap.

I don't see why not, PvP is meant to be competitive and there's nothing competitive about melting fresh 50's due to them having crap gear.

Edited by Kabaal

I don't see why not, PvP is meant to be competitive and there's nothing competitive about melting fresh 50's due to them having crap gear.

His whole argument is PvErs get to do anything while pvpers get restrictions. I'm merely pointing it out that his analogy is complete crap.

Whether pvpers should get gear pre 50 is ultimately based on whether pvpers should be allowed to have gear progression before 50 and have lesser time sink. Based on the current pvp changes in 1.2, they are adding in more time sink to pvp gear.

Whether I'm against it or like it isn't really the question. Bioware is going in that direction.

Ok so you want to be able to get champion, battlemaster and war hero gear before 50, right?

Can PvErs get tionese, collumni, and rakata gear before 50? No, they can't. Your analogy is flawed and complete crap.

Okay, point taken here. The comparing of BM gear vs Crafted or just normal epic gear on trade market may have been a bit too much i will give you that.

But its still the only gear we can get after recruit gear.

A pve'er before 50 can: Buy blue items ready for 50, buy purple items if a person has made columi gear and put them on trade marked he can buy them aswell.

A pvp'er before 50 can: Buy a lvl 40 blue set

Hows that fair?

Edited by Steele_dk

I am not a big fan of some of the changes but the credit one really bothers me on my low level toon that I am currently pvping with. When I played this weekend (I was probably 80-90% pvp) I looked at my credits and i was shocked. Then I actually started paying attention at the end of WZ. I am not a fan of the change.

Most of the other issues have already been covered elsewhere so I won't go into those.

^^ this ^^

they will only listen when they drive people away

but by then it will be too late. I really hope someone

starts to take notice of the discontent soon

Edited by Alpha-Llama

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.