Re spec?

I'm in the bodyguard tree, and I think it's time to re spec. My heals simply cannot even compensate for the hits now, even with the shield on and it makes me faceplant quite quickly. I have found dps to be the key and is working a lot better. So what's a good dps spec for the mercenaries?

You feel the nerf the most in the PVE. PVP for me isn't too different as many of us took hits across the board. PVE I'm so squishy, I need a group to do even class quests to kill normal or strong npc's, not even the elite.

My new tactic is kill what I can before I die so when I respawn, I have fewer enemies left.

Do you have any good builds for the arsenal tree? I may try it out. I'm lvl 49 (half way to 50) and have wanted to try out something more dps for awhile now. This is as good a time as any. To be honest, the bodyguard build isn't as fun anymore. I originally went down that path to be the healer for the group but I think it'd be better to blast the enemies faster rather than waste time on constantly healing (which honestly given the heat build up is tricky now).

Nice builds. I had been wondering what some good arsenal builds were. I will have to try them out sometime.

I have been leveling my merc as Arsenal. was trying out healing for a bit (pre-1.2) didn't like the playstyle, but I wasn't a big fan of the old TM animation, and I didn't like the heat cost in PT. So far Arsenal has been pretty nice...I'm impressed with its damage output