Custom armor with augments

Slavequo

1. I read somewhere, during the PTS "feedback", that armoring mods were going to be removable and that the set bonuses were going to be bound to the armoring modification. I don't know if they changed their mind or if I misunderstood, but I was expecting to take my battlemaster mods and stick them into a random orange gear.

2. I noticed on the GTN some wh pieces for sale, augmented and not, looking exactely like normal custom gear: no set bonuses attached. The only difference was the rank 70 requirement.

3. After 1.2 each class has an icon above their heads. I immediately assumed this was to help players identify enemy players; guardians dressed like troopers or sentinels with 2 blasters or a shotgun. I tought: "if they implemented these icons, it surely is because ppl, from now on, is going to look funny in warzones".

Given point 1, 2 and 3, I decided to level up my armormech alt, get myself a critical result from crafting a chest a try out the mod swapping. I removed all pieces from my BM chest and put them into the new one. Now my custom made chest with all the BM mods have no set bonus but the same stats as the BM chest of course. My old BM vindicator chest instead has no stats (because I removed all mods of course) but still has a set bonus.

So here comes my question: did I miss something?

I'm afraid you did, set bonuses only transfer if the set bonus was attached to he armor mod.

Old gear set bonuses were tied to the item, not the armor mod, so the set bonus won't transfer.

The items on the GTN are the ones made from schematics by armormechs / synthweavers

the set bonus transfers from NO battlemaster gear.

only war hero/campaign gear has transferable set bonuses.

brilliant design choice, no?

I confirm that I moved the mods from a new BM legs piece (post 1.2) into a crafted augmented orange BM gear, and set bonus didn't show up anymore.

Dunno if it's a graphical bug or what, I opened a ticked and it's being escalated...

but still it sucks.

Aken

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.