Operatives and cover

lightumup

If you have a healing spec or some lethiality you could get away with using some cover in groups.

Also, it's a good idea to hit the cover/crouch key just so you can use explosive probe real quick for a boost of dps and then go back to melee.

Operative was my first 50. So it's been 50 for quite awhile and done just about everything (except nightmare ops, but we are getting there)

I use cover in 3 situations pretty much. For explosive probe when I feel either bored or am solo doing dailies. Snipe on occasion, but only when i'm killing off weak non-elite stuff and Orbital Strike is on CD. (Truth be told, the 2nd could/should be eliminated as backstab/shiv is far more efficient)

The 3rd reason is preventing Jedi/Sith warrior type hops and leaps in pvp. I will be sad when this gets completely redone. I suppose the occasional movement is nice, but it rarely works out to my advantage.

As an operative, (healer OR melee) there's really little reason to use the cover system.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.