What attributes you priorize in DPS?

Touji

Hey, I seek your expert advice. I was theorycrafting to myself and though up this rotation:

GRx3 FA GRx2 HIB then repeat. I'm 37 right now so I don't have Demolition Round. This is what I plan on making my full spec: here. Let me know of the changes you will make! I'm sure it will help us all.

Hey, I seek your expert advice. I was theorycrafting to myself and though up this rotation:

GRx3 FA GRx2 HIB then repeat. I'm 37 right now so I don't have Demolition Round. This is what I plan on making my full spec: here. Let me know of the changes you will make! I'm sure it will help us all.

Kinda depends on what companion you are using. With M14X, I don't have to worry about my FA getting interrupted, so I always start with FA first. That way, when i start grav rounds, i can proc CoF, instead of wasting that proc by using grav rounds first. So i just normally do FA>Grav roundx3>CoF procs>HIB>Demo round. Normally anything but a Gold MOB is dead by this time, and normally they don't even make it to Demo round depending on CoF procs.

As for your spec, the PvE specs are pretty fogiving on what you can choose. But if you arn't hit capped, then you should take 3/3 Target Lock until you reach your cap through gear and mods. If you PvP at all, i would suggest moving the 2 points from First Repsonder into Steady hands, as well as moving charged barrier to heavy trooper. Alacrity is a pretty crappy stat for gunnery as I've already talked about a few times now. I also find that charged barrier never really reaches it's 5x stack because we get a 5 stack of grav round debuff after 3 uses. But if you like it, keep it. I just like the 2% endurance and 6% healing taken. You really have 4 points to play with for personal pref.

Charged Barrier is far better than most people realize. In PvE, it's about equal to a constant 10% damage reduction, which is HUGE. In PvP, it's often 6-10% damage reduction depending on how idiotic the people you're playing against are. If you're planning to play against pugs a lot, it's a no-brainer talent.

Heavy Trooper is extremely good too. I have both in my build. You can drop Quick Thinking in favor of Weapon Calibrations if you don't plan to do any spot healing in PvP or are only interested in PvE. Weapon Calibrations is a pretty weak DPS talent though, only really affecting Full Auto and your heals.

Edited by MetallicaRulez

Charged Barrier is far better than most people realize. In PvE, it's about equal to a constant 10% damage reduction, which is HUGE. In PvP, it's often 6-10% damage reduction depending on how idiotic the people you're playing against are. If you're planning to play against pugs a lot, it's a no-brainer talent.

Heavy Trooper is extremely good too. I have both in my build. You can drop Quick Thinking in favor of Weapon Calibrations if you don't plan to do any spot healing in PvP or are only interested in PvE. Weapon Calibrations is a pretty weak DPS talent though, only really affecting Full Auto and your heals.

Ya, it's all in how you want your play style to be. If you opted to not use one of the tanking companions, then I would suggest charged barrier as well. But if you are using one, then it's a wasted 2 points, as you should not be taking any or much damage. For pure raiding you can just drop the PvP talents and pick up both. In PvP I found that I couldn't keep charged barrier up at 10% enough due to having to move around so much, only stopping when I was free of players who could interrupt my cast times.

Ghrex, are you lvl'ing up in dps spec or in healer spec? would love to see your current dps spec if you are lvl'ing as dps.

Cheers

I level as Gunnery, taking Cybertech to make M14X's droid parts and good mods to upgrade all my orange gear.

Here is my spec at level 46. Keep in mind that I do not have charged barrier because I do not take damage due to using a tank companion and I only have to use Grav round 3 times to get the stack of 5. If you use Elora or one of the DPS comps, I'd suggest taking it.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#8000cZMIkMRrdokfzZc.1

I level as Gunnery, taking Cybertech to make M14X's droid parts and good mods to upgrade all my orange gear.

Here is my spec at level 46. Keep in mind that I do not have charged barrier because I do not take damage due to using a tank companion and I only have to use Grav round 3 times to get the stack of 5. If you use Elora or one of the DPS comps, I'd suggest taking it.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#8000cZMIkMRrdokfzZc.1

Thanks Ghrex, much appreciated!