SWTOR the game for the jobless.

Demoniceus

Like i said m8 works a bit hectic to phone up in the middle of a shift. Watch F word or something and u'll get the rough idea :) About ppl crying about queues being 2 long of course theyre going to *********** cry only a spineless tard wouldnt complain about such poor customer service if they went to a shop or restaraunt or anywhere or anything! An MMO gets exceptions but solid queues all day and 2h+ queues are not acceptable.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It´s funny.

2 days ago I read threads about why doesn´t everyone get to play at the same day, get your **** together BW etc and now I read threads about qeues instead.

Guess what, it comes with a launch. Either you suck it up the next couple of days/week or you change server.

Just adding new servers is not the answer.

Why cant you have someone log on for you? That's what I do and it's great I come home to a login screen.

The problem is though that people shouldn't have to do that. Even if we put aside the fact that for many it's not logistically possible to remote into their own machines from work, or have others log them in for them, why should people need to do that?

When the game launches on Tuesday, we'll all be paying for a service from BioWare and EA. Can you really say you're getting what you're paying for if you have to get a family member to start faffing around with your account whilst you're at work, or having to mess with your own PC when you're at work just to be able to gain access to that service?

At the moment, because we're still within Early Access, we aren't really paying for what we're getting - so this isn't as big an issue. But come Tuesday we're customers. Customers that shouldn't be having to jump through 50 hoops to ensure that we don't have to sit staring at a queue for three hours.

Edited by LordAnubis

Like i said m8 works a bit hectic to phone up in the middle of a shift. Watch F word or something and u'll get the rough idea :) About ppl crying about queues being 2 long of course theyre going to *********** cry only a spineless tard wouldnt complain about such poor customer service if they went to a shop or restaraunt or anywhere or anything! An MMO gets exceptions but solid queues all day and 2h+ queues are not acceptable.

Maybe you're not getting this. Let me try to explain.

How would you handle a situation where you had 10,000 people waiting to eat, but only enough tables for 5,000? Add more tables right? Problem is, you can't seat people where you want, so everyone starts leaving the big tables to the small tables, it worked! But wait, whats this, people still want to sit at the crowded table. Actually, more people want to sit there because that's where all the people are. All those tables you added, don't have enough people they say, so they go to the crowded ones. Now what? Add more tables again?

It´s funny.

2 days ago I read threads about why doesn´t everyone get to play at the same day, get your **** together BW etc and now I read threads about qeues instead.

Guess what, it comes with a launch. Either you suck it up the next couple of days/week or you change server.

Just adding new servers is not the answer.

It comes with a launch hmm people keep saying this but as far as iv seen in my life no other MMO iv played has had queues this long with as many crashes involved iv never been in a launch that gave me a solid 8 hour queue because of errors. If bioware advertises that all pre orders get early launch access they promised it they have to deliver it that is what business is about. IF they cant deliver what they promise, they are not to be trusted and will crash and burn once trust becomes non existant.

Maybe you're not getting this. Let me try to explain.

How would you handle a situation where you had 10,000 people waiting to eat, but only enough tables for 5,000? Add more tables right? Problem is, you can't seat people where you want, so everyone starts leaving the big tables to the small tables, it worked! But wait, whats this, people still want to sit at the crowded table. Actually, more people want to sit there because that's where all the people are. All those tables you added, don't have enough people they say, so they go to the crowded ones. Now what? Add more tables again?

Mitchilin starred restaraunts take bookings and when they fill up they do not take more promising things you cant deliver is a serious offence were someone to take you to court. Lieing to paying customers is something am fairly certain any business would **** itself about if they were taken to court.

Edited by Demoniceus

It comes with a launch hmm people keep saying this but as far as iv seen in my life no other MMO iv played has had queues this long with as many crashes involved iv never been in a launch that gave me a solid 8 hour queue because of errors. If bioware advertises that all pre orders get early launch access they promised it they have to deliver it that is what business is about. IF they cant deliver what they promise, they are not to be trusted and will crash and burn once trust becomes non existant.

Then you probably have never seen a MMO launch

WoW: Servers were down for up to 4 days, hours of qeue

Rift: 12 hour queues

WAR: Crashing, massive queues

Just some examples

The problem is though that people shouldn't have to do that. Even if we put aside the fact that for many it's not logistically possible to remote into their own machines from work, or have others log them in for them, why should people need to do that?

When the game launches on Tuesday, we'll all be paying for a service from BioWare and EA. Can you really say you're getting what you're paying for if you have to get a family member to start faffing around with your account whilst you're at work, or having to mess with your own PC when you're at work just to be able to gain access to that service?

At the moment, because we're still within Early Access, we aren't really paying for what we're getting - so this isn't as big an issue. But come Tuesday we're customers. Customers that shouldn't be having to jump through 50 hoops to ensure that we don't have to sit staring at a queue for three hours.

I'm sorry but this is still LIFE and things happen that you can't plan for. The fact that I offer a viable solution and you counter with "but I shouldn't have to" wreaks of laziness and immaturity. I shouldn't have to pay my bills everything should be free, but it's not so I'm going to go to work.

Also, you really should read the TOS. It's specifically indicates that there are going to be times where you can't play. You agreed to this. You have no clause for complaint legally within the confines of their agreement. They may end up crediting us days back, but don't bet on it.

This is the most hyped launch of any MMO in the past 5 years. There are going to be ques. They can't add servers, and they can't just give free transfers. They *should* disable character creating on full servers, but that can screw over guilds for people who haven't per-ordered.

In other words, grow up.

queues are normal for launch

2-3 hour queues at launch are the lowest i've seen in an mmo at this period of time for a lunach yet.

hang in there and deal with it. and trust me, it's far better to deal with queues for a couple weeks, then play on a dead server for the rest of your game time.

frustrating? annoying? irritating? yes.

A) Have your whole guild change servers when available.

B) Wait for others to transfer off

C) Find a new guild and new friends on another server yourself.

The long queues are probably there to persuade new players to choose a light server, not a heavy one. They can't lock people out because some have friends already on it.

Telling me after a few days of early access it's too late or to hard to reroll is Barbara Streisand. Telling me people with a job can't and don't play this game is equally false.

Now if you want to re-title this thread "SWTOR is for the jobless Euros", I may accept that. There's plenty of space on several US servers.

That's where the problem comes in. BW cannot tell the people where to shove their characters. If BW has 1000 servers, but everyone wants to go into a single one, what is BW to do?

This.

I know a handful of people joining queues on purpose because they feel that if there are queues now, then that would mean that the server will stay well populated in the long run.

In a way i see their point, and its helped me in the past on other games.

I think there could a lot of people who feel this way, and want to be on the most popular server to never run into any barren times.

This is something Bioware could not help, apart from perhaps offering free character transfer for a limited time on the 20th, continuing for a few weeks so people dont have to cue.

I also think that they are not stupid and will have measures in place for the 20th to combat these issues, but i dont think those issues will be dealt with untill the 20th.

Then you probably have never seen a MMO launch

WoW: Servers were down for up to 4 days, hours of qeue

Rift: 12 hour queues

WAR: Crashing, massive queues

Just some examples

I did rift i did war launch and i had neither problems Rift i played early access for about 2 weeks before it was release public and never had a queue once... played on cloudbourne. WAR my servers kept getting shut down and merged but i never had a queue or a server shutdown beside for maintenance. WoW i cant comment never played beta or launch.

Mitchilin starred restaraunts take bookings and when they fill up they do not take more promising things you can deliver is a serious offence were someone to take you to court. Lieing to paying customers is something am fairly certain any business would **** itself about if they were taken to court.

So you think biowear should tell people who want to play "Sorry our game is full"

Lol? That analogy was weak, but I thought it would at least get the general idea across. They can't just add new servers, they can't give free transfers, and they def can't lock char creation. Use your brain. The TOS you agreed to has a specific clause for inability to access the servers. Every MMO does. Read it.

Why can't you sit in que and play something else and alt tab back and forth?

Unless you are on the server with your Guild, reroll and quit whining.

'Oh but I am level 14 I have done too much on this character' you're kidding right?

Queues are part of a popular game, there will be full servers at the start, hopefully in months as well as it will show the game is working. There will be plenty of servers which don't have queues, if you are gonna be a baby and complain, I recommend you go on a lesser populated server.

Rift even had full servers at launch.

Edited by Tekkoclarky

I did rift i did war launch and i had neither problems Rift i played early access for about 2 weeks before it was release public and never had a queue once... played on cloudbourne. WAR my servers kept getting shut down and merged but i never had a queue or a server shutdown beside for maintenance. WoW i cant comment never played beta or launch.

Those games BLOW LOL. You're really comparing the launch of WAR to THIS? LOL? what did that have like 500k TOPS?

Get real dude.

I'm sorry but this is still LIFE and things happen that you can't plan for. The fact that I offer a viable solution and you counter with "but I shouldn't have to" wreaks of laziness and immaturity. I shouldn't have to pay my bills everything should be free, but it's not so I'm going to go to work.

Also, you really should read the TOS. It's specifically indicates that there are going to be times where you can't play. You agreed to this. You have no clause for complaint legally within the confines of their agreement. They may end up crediting us days back, but don't bet on it.

This is the most hyped launch of any MMO in the past 5 years. There are going to be ques. They can't add servers, and they can't just give free transfers. They *should* disable character creating on full servers, but that can screw over guilds for people who haven't per-ordered.

In other words, grow up.

Reeks of immaturity lol? When a phone company phones you up and tells you there going to change your deal you tell them to **** off u dont roll over and take it up the *******. When you pay for stuff u fight for what u paid for. I think you my friend just seem to roll over and take what ur given. As for times that i cant play in the terms and agreements i understand that fully and that is not my main gripe my main gripe is that there is more time i cannot play than time i can play. I can virtually ONLY play on my days off work. I know there is no 100% right answer to solve the queue problems but this my opinion and when your server is giving u a 2.5k wait list and people are still flooding into it and nothing is being done something is defo ****ed.

So you think biowear should tell people who want to play "Sorry our game is full"

Lol? That analogy was weak, but I thought it would at least get the general idea across. They can't just add new servers, they can't give free transfers, and they def can't lock char creation. Use your brain. The TOS you agreed to has a specific clause for inability to access the servers. Every MMO does. Read it.

Why can't you sit in que and play something else and alt tab back and forth?

they could have cut off the early access to some extent or something i dont know i am not a game developer but allowing things to crash and burn are putting off a large number of people i know for a fact. I agree this is a great game and i would love to play it but being assigned when are where u can play it on a fluxating timeline does not make people happy. Especially when those 2 hour queues turn into 4 hour queues and u dont get a chance to play at all. ID rather not be playing the game than being told i can and being charged £40 and not being allowed to log in..

Unless you are on the server with your Guild, reroll and quit whining.

'Oh but I am level 14 I have done too much on this character' you're kidding right?

Queues are part of a popular game, there will be full servers at the start, hopefully in months as well as it will show the game is working. There will be plenty of servers which don't have queues, if you are gonna be a baby and complain, I recommend you go on a lesser populated server.

Rift even had full servers at launch.

did u bother to read anything i'm in a guild and an alliance? Were already pretty established? I am not purely talking about myself..

Those games BLOW LOL. You're really comparing the launch of WAR to THIS? LOL? what did that have like 500k TOPS?

Get real dude.

That was a quote for someone saying both those games had worse problems than SWTOR currently has i was pointing out he was talking ********.

In other words, grow up.

You're perhaps missing my point. For many, myself included, your solution simply isn't viable (and for many others it would be a large inconvenience) - but I'm not debating whether or not it's viable, my point is that it can't really be reasonable for BioWare to expect such things from people. As a service provider, the responsibility is on them in order to provide an appropriate level of service for people. I'd argue that they aren't doing that right now for many people, and those people shouldn't be having to try and connive their way around the problem.

I'm not suggesting that they give out free transfers (which I don't believe would help anything honestly), and whilst the could add new servers that wouldn't really help with the problems on existing ones. My preferred solution would be for the disabling of character creation on the full servers, save for those who have had their guilds assigned there. That may not be feasible though.

With regards to legalese, complaining or threatening BioWare on the basis of "breaches of the law" is just ridiculous anyway really. No-one would have a leg to stand on, and those suggesting it clearly don't know anything about the law.

At the end of the day, I'm not hugely fussed any more. I'm just not going to redeem my retail code until BioWare sort the situation out - be that a week or a month off. I do, however, feel that it's an unacceptable situation that (more importantly) BioWare doesn't seem to be doing anything to address. The responsibility isn't on the players for the most part - it's on BioWare.

Someones first MMO launch me thinks.

Welecome to the real world of succesful mmo launches, it happens in every game with any hype and some sales to back it up.

I havent been in a launch that hasnt had queues at some point.

It gets better over time, but starting a post instead of adding to one of the 100's of other posts about queues when bio obviously know, is just pointless tbh.

To people saying just reroll new server, how awesomely shortsighted of you... in a few days a new surge of players comes in, and they will also fill up.. current servers will get even more smacked.. rolling release ftw...

You're perhaps missing my point. For many, myself included, your solution simply isn't viable (and for many others it would be a large inconvenience) - but I'm not debating whether or not it's viable, my point is that it can't really be reasonable for BioWare to expect such things from people. As a service provider, the responsibility is on them in order to provide an appropriate level of service for people. I'd argue that they aren't doing that right now for many people, and those people shouldn't be having to try and connive their way around the problem.

I'm not suggesting that they give out free transfers (which I don't believe would help anything honestly), and whilst the could add new servers that wouldn't really help with the problems on existing ones. My preferred solution would be for the disabling of character creation on the full servers, save for those who have had their guilds assigned there. That may not be feasible though.

With regards to legalese, complaining or threatening BioWare on the basis of "breaches of the law" is just ridiculous anyway really. No-one would have a leg to stand on, and those suggesting it clearly don't know anything about the law.

At the end of the day, I'm not hugely fussed any more. I'm just not going to redeem my retail code until BioWare sort the situation out - be that a week or a month off. I do, however, feel that it's an unacceptable situation that (more importantly) BioWare doesn't seem to be doing anything to address. The responsibility isn't on the players for the most part - it's on BioWare.

On the threatening bioware thing if your on about what i said about them going back on promises and being a pretty serious thing I dont expect anyone to try to pull them up for it but my example was any other business would find someone bringing that up pretty heavy going, i understand MMOs cover themselves rather well but its still the fact they promise things then cant deliver. Trust is a major thing and i think if people stop beliving in bioware this early on its going to be catastrophic.

Edited by Demoniceus

Reeks of immaturity lol? When a phone company phones you up and tells you there going to change your deal you tell them to **** off u dont roll over and take it up the *******. When you pay for stuff u fight for what u paid for. I think you my friend just seem to roll over and take what ur given. As for times that i cant play in the terms and agreements i understand that fully and that is not my main gripe my main gripe is that there is more time i cannot play than time i can play. I can virtually ONLY play on my days off work. I know there is no 100% right answer to solve the queue problems but this my opinion and when your server is giving u a 2.5k wait list and people are still flooding into it and nothing is being done something is defo ****ed.

The scenarios you listed are not at all similar to access to a video game. Phone companies have contracts, and those can't be arbitrarily changed. If I'm ordering food and they bring me the wrong order, I'm going to return it. If they don't have what I want, I will order something else. I won't complain about it and demand that they get some. If I want to see a movie on opening night, I won't complain about standing in line. If it snows the night before work, I won't cry when I have to clean off my car. If BW changed my class/faction without my permission, I'd be on the forums raging with you. If they deleted my character, and wouldn't restore it, same deal. The things you're talking about are known industry wide as standard. You need to relax and be an adult.