Arsenal PvP Spect pst 1.2?

oburn

Just starting pvping with my Merc, was wondering what spec you guys are going with?

Edit needed since I didn't read carefully, anyway...

I prefer pyro for pvp.

For PVP I use this spec...

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#3000cZMckZMIMbdGhrs.1

Your main choice here is if you want 2 skill points in infrared sensors, gyroscopic alignment, or degauss. I prefer infrared sensors, but gyroscopic alignment can be useful too. Tossup in my mind. Using infrared sensors requires you to use rapid shots more since heat can be more of an issue, but I like the increase to defenses and of course stealth detection. Someone needs to be a stealth detection person on the team, and I try to take on that role.

For arsenal pvp I would use this spec...

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#300McZMIkrRrdRzfzZ0M.1

You can change out the points in improved vents for more endurance and/or accruacy if you want since heat is not as big of an issue in pvp. I wouldn't really take accruacy since you can get more accuracy than you need from the gear, plus your main attacks are all tech which don't require high accuracy.

Edited by McGarnagle

Edit needed since I didn't read carefully, anyway...

I prefer pyro for pvp.

For PVP I use this spec...

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#3000cZMckZMIMbdGhrs.1

Your main choice here is if you want 2 skill points in infrared sensors, gyroscopic alignment, or degauss. I prefer infrared sensors, but gyroscopic alignment can be useful too. Tossup in my mind. Using infrared sensors requires you to use rapid shots more since heat can be more of an issue, but I like the increase to defenses and of course stealth detection. Someone needs to be a stealth detection person on the team, and I try to take on that role.

For arsenal pvp I would use this spec...

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#300McZMIkrRrdRzfzZ0M.1

You can change out the points in improved vents for more endurance and/or aim if you want since heat is not as big of an issue in pvp. I wouldn't really take aim since you can get more aim than you need from the gear, plus your main attacks are all tech which don't require high aim.

Oh ok cool thanks a lot. I've never tried Pyro, so I don't know how to really play it haha. But thanks for the info.

Oh ok cool thanks a lot. I've never tried Pyro, so I don't know how to really play it haha. But thanks for the info.

Oh I forgot to ask, how come no one uses advanced targeting?

Edited by oburn

Oh I forgot to ask, how come no one uses advanced targeting?

PVP gear, especially battlemaster already gives you a ton of accuracy. Plus I still see deflections even at 104% ranged (114% tech and ranged special), even on railshot which is special ranged and is not offhand accuracy (so therefore 114%). It even happens on sorcs which don't have any crazy defensive abilities they can pop (bubble says absorb, so it's not bubble).

I would rather have the extra endurance than the small amount of attacks hitting with extra accuracy might give me. I know endurance works all the time.

Accuracy is really tough to quantify. You can take advanced targeting later on if you feel the need to swap out accuracy for surge instead of endurance, but that is later on when you are swapping enhancements in your gear.

BTW...I edited my above post so it says accuracy instead of aim. That is what I meant. You want a ton of aim (all you can get). Accuracy on the other hand is tough to determine, but stacking it to high levels seems worthless, especially for arsenal. On pyro you use rapid shots a lot more in order to proc combustible gas cylinder and some extra accuracy is more useful. plus pyros have to choose between accuracy and alacrity to move up the tree, and alacrity is close to useless for a pyro.

Edited by McGarnagle

I would rather have the extra endurance than the small amount of attacks hitting with extra accuracy might give me. I know endurance works all the time.

or even better you could improve your off heal than waste so many points for so little endurance

or even better you could improve your off heal than waste so many points for so little endurance

Empowered scans or medtech?

Activation time of rapid scan lowered is close to worthless. Any in combat healing I am doing is an instant heal. Out of combat it's not a big deal since I will often have my out of combat heal. You will not have the opportunity to spam your heal much out of combat, and even if you do it will make heat crazy high. At most you should hit is twice unless you want your heat to be way too high. Saving 0.5 second while not fighting is not exactly a big deal.

Increased healing by 3%? What is better, 1% of 11k (110 health) or 3% more of what is at best a 3.5k heal (105 health, and that is a crit). Unless you are healing twice in the middle of a fight (which is stupid) I would rather have the 110 extra health to start the fight than 105 extra healing during the few times I can instacast a heal. Even then those are crit heals. Also warzone medpacks are based on a percentage number, so more health makes them more effective.

Edited by McGarnagle

yes i was talking about med tech anything is better then the joke endurance, you can have your opinion just like i have mine but the fact is 1 point for 1% endurance is a rip off nevertheless Edited by iDraxter

yes i was talking about med tech anything is better then the joke endurance, you can have your opinion just like i have mine but the fact is 1 point for 1% endurance is a rip off nevertheless

1 point for .25 second less rapid scan is an even bigger rip off for dps. You don't waste $20k on a used Gremlin just because paying $20k for a used Camry is a rip.

Spending 1 point on 1% increased endurance sucks, but there really isn't anything else worthwhile at that point.