Project and Telekinetic Throw name swap

Lord_DraeGon

The names of the abilites Project and Telekinetic Throw seem to be swapped.

To me, Telekinetic Throw should be an ability that picks up an object and throws it at a target (what Project currently is).

And Project should be an ability that channels the force to project objects toward the target (what Telekinetic Throw currently is).

Just seems to me that the names are swapped.

I think Project and Disturbance should be switched, that way Project could be instant like the Sorcerer equivalent Shock, and Disturbance kind of sucks anyway so you'd never really use it. I like the animation for Disturbance but hate the ability, can't stand Project because it's too slow to use most of the time in PVP.

I think Project and Disturbance should be switched, that way Project could be instant like the Sorcerer equivalent Shock, and Disturbance kind of sucks anyway so you'd never really use it. I like the animation for Disturbance but hate the ability, can't stand Project because it's too slow to use most of the time in PVP.

Well said. Many people have asked for this. Giving project an activation timer fixes about half of the problems with that animation.

But given all the problems it has, its name is really the least of its worries.

I used to get confused between the two abilities because it sounded like they should be named the other way round.

I don't actually want it to be changed though, that would just confuse me all over again. And probably anyone trying to communicate about the abilities.

I totally agree with the OP. I thought of this as well... the names made no sense.

Your PROJECTING small debris at a target

Like a lamp is projecting light onto a wall

or using Telekinesis with Telekinetic Throw to THROW boulders at your target.

The names of the abilites Project and Telekinetic Throw seem to be swapped.

To me, Telekinetic Throw should be an ability that picks up an object and throws it at a target (what Project currently is).

And Project should be an ability that channels the force to project objects toward the target (what Telekinetic Throw currently is).

Just seems to me that the names are swapped.

That actually makes sense.

It feels to me that "project" fits the channeled spell more that "throw" does

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.