1.2 Mercenary Concerns

xXMythicXx

Bioware has failed the community once again with the 1.2 patch. Don't get me wrong, the legacy stuff is epic (I don't like the prices of training dummies though) but the Mercenary got hit badly. Tracer missile was the main damage output for a Mercenary, and it made the Merc FUN. The animation bugs me a lot, I enjoyed firing it from the back personally, but the overall nerf bugs me even more. How am I supposed to do anything in PvP when I have no useful main attack? A couple suggestions for Bioware:

1. You could just revert TM back to it's original state and then we'd all be happy again.

OR

2. Add an animation utility! If you want to be innovative in the MMO industry, this should be a priority!

Just some thoughts.

PS- Black Talon Hard Mode needs to drop more than Inquisitor gear!

Finally got a chance to really test my merc out last night. Honestly, I seem to be getting higher DPS now (this is from a pve standpoint) with using unload more and my HM crit got close to 7k with little rakata gear on. From a pvp standing, I always thought playing as a merc in pvp was awful, 1v1 we never came out on top so I quit doing it and made an alt specifically for pvp. I don't mind the animation for TM either

Imo, merc is fine right now.

Just because we can crit for 5-7k every 15 seconds doesn't mean that mercs are fine.

If left alone, we can push out decent pressure but what are the chances you're left alone and not just zerged down in seconds by melees charging into your face?

I have 1131 expertise with my current gear setup and I just blow up if 1-2 melees focus on me, even with shields up...

Inevitably.. it's just too easy to lock down a merc and the sever lack of mobility is just depressing.