Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Family Tree feedback

Mestrahd

I am really disappointed with the Family Tree feature. Most of my Legacy revolves around one or two characters and you are only allowed 2 horizontal and one vertical attachment. The choice "wheel" has like 8 directions, why not allow that many?

For example, my Legacy is focused on 2 brothers - there's one horizontal for both. I married off one, so he's done for that generation. However, the other brother has an ally and a wife, a child and an apprentice (How could apprentice not be an option!?!?) but he only has one open horizontal and one vertical. Needless to say, my tree does not look as I envisioned it.

TLDR Add more attachment points, and add Apprentice to options.

Thank you.

I totally agree.. If anything i can't understand why you can't have your own tags. Why have pre-set options and not just an input box to put your OWN tag as to what they are.. Define an angle of the line (there is only up and down? ***?) and say "Apprentice" or "sibling" (or better yet, brother or sister) and so on.

I was setting mine up, it was kinda fun.. But then i reliased you can only have ONE 'line' of connection, once you connect to either side you can only make children? Seems silly.

Also.. personally if i asked for anything for the legacy tree? I want to be able to add other players to the three. Click on them, say 'add to legacy tree' (not the legacy itself, just the tree' So i can have connections to more than just my own characters (which seems kinda moot) and with other people i'm playing with.

I have a friend and we have a little storyline going. I'm level 50, she's working up towards that level. So she's playing the apprentice (which is an options we want like you said), but she can't go on the tree, so the tree is only useful for your own characters and no connections to other people, which is a shame.

I created a ticket on this, and was told that it's working as intended and I should make a post in the Suggestion Box. :)

I want to have my main one ally and one rival, also 2 siblings, and I hope she'll have a spouse sometime in the future (companion family, and some new romancable companion I actually like :D ). So the fact that I can have only 2 of [sibling, spouse, ally, rival] seems strongly limiting.

I'd also like to see option for parents. I understand that the family tree's base point is my "main" character, but if the relative timeline is already messed up (the characters kids are training and adventuring the same time frame as the parent) one of the alt could be the parent.

As making Luke to the base of the Skywalker Legacy, not Anakin.

This is my option.

It's hard to link all my characters together correctly with the way it is set up.

Main character has an ally, an enemy, and a sibling. Wait, I can't use the 3rd?

Anyway, my Ally has a sister. Not sure how it happened, but the sister is linked to me as a sibling too [under the same parent, that my ally isn't a child of...]

The tree needs some work...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.