Feedback on Power Shot post 1.2 (Pyro pov)

Exartess

I enjoy Pyrotech Merc and Assault Trooper game play in both PvP and PvE. My Merc is currently being leveled and is at 41. My Trooper is at 50 and I've played extensive PvP and HM Ops on that toon.

OBSERVATIONS:

In PvP I have not noticed my Power Shot being any more of a liability than it was pre 1.2.

In PvE the longer cast time on Power Shot + push back from mobs shooting the character has made Power Shot very difficult to use effectively. It has slowed the leveling pace while using the pyro/assualt spec by locking players in a cycle of trying to proc Prototype Particle Accelerator with Power Shot for the Rail Shot refresh. The % chance for PPA Power Shot is at 45% making the likelihood that PPA will proc a Rail Shot via Power Shot in 2 or 3 Power Shots. With Push Back in a worst case scenario, PPA will not proc before Rail Shot is nearly off CD. This makes PS feel quite useless.

I created this situation using the following shot rotation and a 6 pack of Miller Light (optional):

Incendiary Missile, Rail Shot, Thermal Detonator, Unload followed with PPA proc RS if avail, Power Shot spam until PPA proc or Rail Shot comes off CD.

(note: these conditions are most noticeable when attacking a Strong level range type MOB)

Before the 1.2 change the process of fishing for a PPA proc via PS would allow for 3-4 attempts before the CD on the shot rotation would reset naturally. Post 1.2 the number of attempts to gain a PPA has been lowered to a point that PPA via PS isn't fun to use.

Build

The pre 1.2 build that I used for pyro was 3/7/31. 31 points were put into Pyro first in order to obtain Thermal Detonator. The next 7 points go into Arsenal for Muzzle Fluting and and Upgraded Arsenal. The final 3 points go into Bodyguard for Hired Muscle. The 1.2 change to PS has me considering a move of 3 points out of Bodyguard and into Arsenal in order to pick up Stabilizers. These talents would do nothing to improve Mercenary Pyrotech leveling as that Stabilizers and Muzzle Fluting are not obtainable until lvl 46.

Thoughts and Recommendations

I was told by several people that Power Shot was given a longer activation time due to Healers spaming it. The fix was to make the cast time longer in order to bring their dps into line. Healers stack Alacrity where Pyrotechs do not. Therefore the longer cast time does not have as great of an effect on healers as that they already stack a stat that decreases the time it takes to cast; Alacrity. Instead it has had a negative effect on Mercenary Pyrotech Leveling.

If in fact the reason for the change to PS was due to healers then I would recommend reverting the current change and implementing an increased heat cost to PS. The increased heat will put Healers in check without interfering with the Pyrotech PPA/PS synergy that existed pre 1.2.

Disclaimer

If you think I'm wrong then it was just the beer talking. Peace~

Also a pyro and I'm annoyed I have to reconsider my build and spec for muzzle fluting now to keep my cast at 1.5 seconds. I didn't care paying 25 heat a pop cos I'm fine managing the heat. I cannot however manage the pushback on a 2 second cast.